Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is just nice and relaxing to come back to after a long day. No long walks to your room or the front desk. Hot tubs if it's chilly and nice to be very close to MK for park hopping. And if you get up early you can sit on the balcony and drink coffee. That being said I don't think we would pay for the deluxe room that sleeps 6...i think we might have to go with a suite at AoA or 2 rooms at pop next time.
We have a deluxe room right now, and that is what I am trying to justify.

We have a deluxe room right now, and that is what I am trying to justify.

The Club Level access will be really nice. You’ll have a full breakfast available every day, as well as a relaxing place to hang out if you come back to the resort any time during the day.

The water transport to MK is awesome, and the resort overall is beautiful. I like trying out different resorts, but I hope to return to WL someday!

The Club Level access will be really nice. You’ll have a full breakfast available every day, as well as a relaxing place to hang out if you come back to the resort any time during the day.

The water transport to MK is awesome, and the resort overall is beautiful. I like trying out different resorts, but I hope to return to WL someday!
Breakfast, snacks and all of the drinks will be very nice! Plus we are celebrating two birthdays while we are there.

Hello everyone, can anyone tell me their experience with booking rooms at WL far in advance. I'm planning a trip November 15-21 and nothing is available except club level standard. Do rooms open up as the year progresses or is there really nothing left already? I booked CSR as a backup but would like to return home to Wilderness!

I have personally been tracking prices for our trip and notice that rooms come available randomly...so if it's sold out now, that may change. I would continue to watch and book when you see something open up.

Hello everyone, can anyone tell me their experience with booking rooms at WL far in advance. I'm planning a trip November 15-21 and nothing is available except club level standard. Do rooms open up as the year progresses or is there really nothing left already? I booked CSR as a backup but would like to return home to Wilderness!
Availability does change, especially as view categories get changed around. We experienced this when trying to book a Standard View room for this September at the end of last year, before Nature View was announced. Definitely keep checking, but that is Thanksgiving Week which is a busy time, and WL itself has half of the rooms that it used to now that the other half has been converted to Copper Creek. Cancellations happen too, so keep checking back. It also might be worth adjusting your arrival and departure dates online to see what days are available. My parents actually wound up getting two separate reservations when a single continuous reservation wasn't available.

I have personally been tracking prices for our trip and notice that rooms come available randomly...so if it's sold out now, that may change. I would continue to watch and book when you see something open up.
I completely agree. With the website they make checking so easy, and it is great when the room you want comes up as being available!

Question about when the lobby/grounds get decorated for Christmas.
We originally were looking to go in December, but with work it may be better that we go the week of November 10th. I noticed that the price is hundreds of dollars less a night in November. Is this because it hasn’t decorated for Christmas yet?
I really want to see it all done up. Does anyone know when this happens typically?

We originally were looking to go in December, but with work it may be better that we go the week of November 10th. I noticed that the price is hundreds of dollars less a night in November. Is this because it hasn’t decorated for Christmas yet?
I really want to see it all done up. Does anyone know when this happens typically?

I think Disney starts decorating the day after Halloween ends (Nov 1st). That only gives it 10 days so it may be cutting it close. Although, they do decorate pretty fast so you may have a shot before you leave.

We have gone the 1st week of December and all the resorts and parks are completed by then.

I think Disney starts decorating the day after Halloween ends (Nov 1st). That only gives it 10 days so it may be cutting it close. Although, they do decorate pretty fast so you may have a shot before you leave.

We have gone the 1st week of December and all the resorts and parks are completed by then.
Thank you! I know that the Disney parks are decorated November 1, but I wasn’t sure if the resorts follow suit. We were at Kidani one year the week before thanksgiving, and they didn’t have the tree up in the lobby until our check out day. I was just hoping WL would be ready when we got there...

Thank you! I know that the Disney parks are decorated November 1, but I wasn’t sure if the resorts follow suit. We were at Kidani one year the week before thanksgiving, and they didn’t have the tree up in the lobby until our check out day. I was just hoping WL would be ready when we got there...

We haven't stayed here yet but Poly was complete last year when we went. We are staying WL in 2019 so you may want to wait until others who have stayed to chime in.

Hi, everyone! We're so excited!! After checking online multiple times daily for the last month to try and get a reservation for our dates at the WL, one just showed online just now & we were able to grab it!! pixiedust: We just booked a Nature View room for Thanksgiving week (11/21-11/26) - My son will be in 6th grade & we try to minimize the days he has to miss from school- so holidays work best. This will be our 3rd WDW trip (last was Thanksgiving 2015) but our first stay at the Wilderness Lodge. So excited to stay at what looks like a gorgeous place!! :lovestruc

I'm not certain if they still rotate some of the order that resorts are decorated but I'd not count on WL being decorated that week in November. GF seems to almost always be the first as is either BW or BC. Then it starts spreading out.

They rotate which resort gets to go first. The resorts are usually not decorated until the week before the week of Thanksgiving, so around Nov 17-20, if my memory of past tree watches is right.
The parks will be decorated the week of Nov. 10th, but probably not the resorts.

I'm not certain if they still rotate some of the order that resorts are decorated but I'd not count on WL being decorated that week in November. GF seems to almost always be the first as is either BW or BC. Then it starts spreading out.

They rotate which resort gets to go first. The resorts are usually not decorated until the week before the week of Thanksgiving, so around Nov 17-20, if my memory of past tree watches is right.
The parks will be decorated the week of Nov. 10th, but probably not the resorts.
Thank you both!
I’m going to make a separate post asking about the decoration schedule. Hopefully it’s out there and we can plan accordingly.

Thank you both!
I’m going to make a separate post asking about the decoration schedule. Hopefully it’s out there and we can plan accordingly.

No one knows the decoration schedule...sometimes there's a leak of whose supposed to go first in November, but no one outside of WDW staff knows. If I remember correctly, it's like a lottery to pick which resort goes first. So the schedule isn't set and it changes year to year.

I have seen posts stating that the Christmas decorations at the Wilderness Lodge have gone up as early as around Nov 15th to as late as a couple days before Thanksgiving. I also heard that the resort decoration schedule is a lottery and the date is never fixed. The one exception might be the Grand Floridian with its gingerbread house. That usually goes up pretty early in November.

Thank you both!

It's not announced - just started showing up in the wee hours of the night. If decorations were important I'd go with the December trip.

can anyone tell me if a full size rental crib could fit in the BRV master closet or in the tub area of CCV? i've heard many people do the same with a Pack n play but we will be renting a crib for our 3yo as we did with our son when he was 3yo.

and is there a thread with pictures of where people put cribs? if not, that would be a great idea for a new thread! TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter