Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a place to get espresso in the morning?
Good question. When it is busy they have been selling coffee and espresso in the mornings at Territory Lounge outside Artist Point. Unfortunately it is hit or miss, and they are not open year round. If Territory Coffee Company isn't open during your stay, I don't believe they have espresso at Geyser Point or Roaring Fork, but I could be wrong.

Good question. When it is busy they have been selling coffee and espresso in the mornings at Territory Lounge outside Artist Point. Unfortunately it is hit or miss, and they are not open year round. If Territory Coffee Company isn't open during your stay, I don't believe they have espresso at Geyser Point or Roaring Fork, but I could be wrong.
Thank you, I know the last time we were at Geyser Point, they didn't have an espresso machine. I was hoping Roaring Fork would sell it.

Hi All,

I'm checking into the WL in three weeks after a quick work visit to Tampa. I'm planning to book a one-way rental car in Tampa and drop it off in Disney at the Car Care Center near MK whenever I arrive. I was planning to just drive directly to the Car Care Center and then take their shuttle, but does anyone know if this shuttle will take you directly to your resort (as opposed to the TTC) and if luggage is allowed on the shuttle? I will just have one carry-on suitcase with me, but wondering if I will need to stop at the WL with the rental car to drop off my suitcase first. I would assume not, but just thought I'd double check!

Is there anything in particular going on at the resort in mid-April (e.g. construction) or any new resort offerings that I should be aware of? It's been a long time since I've paid the WL a visit!

Also, any room request recommendations for the nature/woods view category?

Thanks for your help!
Maria

Hi All,

I'm checking into the WL in three weeks after a quick work visit to Tampa. I'm planning to book a one-way rental car in Tampa and drop it off in Disney at the Car Care Center near MK whenever I arrive. I was planning to just drive directly to the Car Care Center and then take their shuttle, but does anyone know if this shuttle will take you directly to your resort (as opposed to the TTC) and if luggage is allowed on the shuttle? I will just have one carry-on suitcase with me, but wondering if I will need to stop at the WL with the rental car to drop off my suitcase first. I would assume not, but just thought I'd double check!

Is there anything in particular going on at the resort in mid-April (e.g. construction) or any new resort offerings that I should be aware of? It's been a long time since I've paid the WL a visit!

Thanks for your help!
Maria

Congratulations! Three weeks is a nice short wait! I can't help with the rental shuttle, although I can't imagine bringing luggage with you would be an issue.

As for what's new at WL, there is a lot if it has been a while for you. Half of the original resort is now Copper Creek Villas DVC, so that leaves only the North wing for regular WL rooms. Geyser Point was added near the old beach, which is a nice bar with some food and a great view. They also have a mug refill station there, as well as at Roaring Fork. The Villas pool was completely redone and is bigger than before, but lacks the bubbling springs that it had before.

For room requests, we like high floor for a better view towards MK. Many rooms have a nice MK fireworks view now that there are fewer trees along the North shoreline. These rooms tend to be the ones in about the middle of the wing, as the lobby ones still have trees obstructing the MK view. Also be aware that the top floor has enclosed balconies, so that is the 6th floor for the Western part of the wing, and the 7th (Club Level) where those rooms exist.

Happy planning and have a great trip!

Wow this thread is incredible. We're staying here over July 4th for our daughters 13th birthday and we're really excited. A few questions after reading the first few pages.

The fitness center - is that available for everyone or only dvc?

The running path - it said 2.5 miles in the picture - is that one way to FW or is that an out and back distance? Also, is the nature path and the running path the same thing?

If I want to request that we get a bunk bed room (I know - only a request) how do I do that on my reservation?

Thx!

Congratulations! Three weeks is a nice short wait! I can't help with the rental shuttle, although I can't imagine bringing luggage with you would be an issue.

As for what's new at WL, there is a lot if it has been a while for you. Half of the original resort is now Copper Creek Villas DVC, so that leaves only the North wing for regular WL rooms. Geyser Point was added near the old beach, which is a nice bar with some food and a great view. They also have a mug refill station there, as well as at Roaring Fork. The Villas pool was completely redone and is bigger than before, but lacks the bubbling springs that it had before.

For room requests, we like high floor for a better view towards MK. Many rooms have a nice MK fireworks view now that there are fewer trees along the North shoreline. These rooms tend to be the ones in about the middle of the wing, as the lobby ones still have trees obstructing the MK view. Also be aware that the top floor has enclosed balconies, so that is the 6th floor for the Western part of the wing, and the 7th (Club Level) where those rooms exist.

Happy planning and have a great trip!

Thank you so much, GrandCalifornian! I think you're likely right about the luggage.

And wow! So many new things to look forward to and explore - glad I don't have to wait too long! I actually just had to switch to a Courtyard view room to accommodate my stay dates, but thank you for the insight on the Woods view rooms anyway. I am thinking that I will request a room closer to the geyser than the lobby, but appreciate any feedback there too if you have it! The one thing I do know is that I would prefer not to have a dormer balcony if possible.

Thanks again!

P.S. This is random, but does anyone know if Roaring Fork (or Geyser Point) offers plain greek yogurt for breakfast?

Wow this thread is incredible. We're staying here over July 4th for our daughters 13th birthday and we're really excited. A few questions after reading the first few pages.

The fitness center - is that available for everyone or only dvc?

The running path - it said 2.5 miles in the picture - is that one way to FW or is that an out and back distance? Also, is the nature path and the running path the same thing?

If I want to request that we get a bunk bed room (I know - only a request) how do I do that on my reservation?

Thx!
Wecome! A lot of people have made this a great thread.
The Fitness Center is open 24 hours to all Wilderness Lodge guests. The running path is 2.5 miles round trip, since Fort Wilderness is much closer than that. There are a few different paths, but in general the nature path is the unsaved route near the water while the other path is paved and further from the water.
If you have Standard View booked you can only request bunks and hope they upgrade you. If you have Nature View or Courtyard View you can guarantee Bunk Beds by booking them. To add requests to your reservation you can call the reservation center phone number.

Thank you so much, GrandCalifornian! I think you're likely right about the luggage.

And wow! So many new things to look forward to and explore - glad I don't have to wait too long! I actually just had to switch to a Courtyard view room to accommodate my stay dates, but thank you for the insight on the Woods view rooms anyway. I am thinking that I will request a room closer to the geyser than the lobby, but appreciate any feedback there too if you have it! The one thing I do know is that I would prefer not to have a dormer balcony if possible.

Thanks again!

P.S. This is random, but does anyone know if Roaring Fork (or Geyser Point) offers plain greek yogurt for breakfast?
You’re wecome! Courtyard View rooms are great too. We like the rooms that open to the lobby since they overlook the creek and are further from the pool. We also love the view into the lobby. The closer you are to the lake the better your view of the EWP would be.

I’m not sure about the Greek yogurt, but the Mercantile might have it too.

Hi All,

Thanks for your help!
Maria

We have had the car care centre shuttle take us to our resort more than once.

SW

Hi All,

Thanks for your help!
Maria

You can bring luggage onto the shuttle, no problem. We did a beach day and picked up a rental car and had multiple bags. It was fine. They even loaded the bags into the SUV (we got upgraded) for us! Totally surprised.
They will also take you back to your resort, but you may have to swing by a theme park and/or another resort to drop off other people. They have multiple shuttles, and they kind of group them into MK area, Epcot area, AK area. So everyone going to MK or the resorts around there may end up on the same shuttle.

You’re wecome! Courtyard View rooms are great too. We like the rooms that open to the lobby since they overlook the creek and are further from the pool. We also love the view into the lobby. The closer you are to the lake the better your view of the EWP would be.

I’m not sure about the Greek yogurt, but the Mercantile might have it too.

Thank you! I’ll try to check out pictures of the various courtyard options, but sounds like it’s hard to go wrong in this category. Thanks again for your help!

We have had the car care centre shuttle take us to our resort more than once.

SW

This is great to hear, thank you!

You can bring luggage onto the shuttle, no problem. We did a beach day and picked up a rental car and had multiple bags. It was fine. They even loaded the bags into the SUV (we got upgraded) for us! Totally surprised.
They will also take you back to your resort, but you may have to swing by a theme park and/or another resort to drop off other people. They have multiple shuttles, and they kind of group them into MK area, Epcot area, AK area. So everyone going to MK or the resorts around there may end up on the same shuttle.

Thank you SO much for the helpful insight here! I won’t be in any sort of rush to get to the resort, so this should work out just fine. As long as I can get from point A to point B with my bag, I’m good!

Thanks again, all. :flower3:

Whoohoo ... had to settle for an off-site hotel for a quick Spring Break trip April 4-7, but was able to score a Courtyard View room after persistent searching! This will probably be my last trip for a long time -- APs expire on April 10 AND I am protesting the parking fees. We love the Wilderness Lodge. Stayed last summer for a week in a 1BR Villa.

I first found this site back in 2008 when we had our first onsite stay at Wilderness Lodge although we had stayed offsite before that.
Anyway last year we bought into DVC at Copper Creek & now 10yrs after our first visit to Wilderness Lodge we have our first DVC stay booked :love:
I’ve booked the studio with bath but I know some studios have the walk in shower. I’m wondering if there is any way of telling which studios have baths?
I’ve requested a high floor but would really like the old courtyard view but I don’t want to request it in case they give me a shower instead

Last edited:
Hi All,

Thanks for your help!
Maria
We do the same thing, have a 1 way rental from Ft Lauderdale, and after check in return rental to CCC. I prefer to stop at Resort first to check in and leave luggage with Bell Service if our room isn’t ready. It just seems less lugging around the luggage. But yes, you can go directly to CCC with your luggage and they will bring everything on the bus with you to your resort. They will drop you anywhere on WDW property.
As we stop at resort first to check in and leave luggage we get the CCC shuttle to drop us at GF to hop on monorail to MK.

I first found this site back in 2008 when we had our first onsite stay at Wilderness Lodge although we had stayed offsite before that.
Anyway last year we bought into DVC at Copper Creek & now 10yrs after our first visit to Wilderness Lodge we have our first DVC stay booked :love:
I’ve booked the studio with bath but I know some studios have the walk in shower. I’m wondering if there is any way of telling which studios have baths?
I’ve requested a high floor but would really like the old courtyard view but I don’t want to request it in case they give me a shower instead

When I booked my CCV studio the walk in shower was a completely different booking category and is clearly described on my confirmation, if you have a studio with a bath booked then I do not believe that you will get a shower instead as they are separate booking categories.

I just wanted to agree with what @gillep said. Since studios with tubs are a separate bookable category that’s what you will get. We don’t have good information yet on where they are located, but feel free to make your requests to get the location you want.
Congratulations and have a great first DVC stay. Our story is similar, with a first onsite stay at WL in 2007, falling in love and buying at Copper Creek last year. Our first DVC stay will be in September.

We were planning on staying at Wilderness Lodge during out last visit (Earlier this month) but because of my in laws... we had to switch resorts. :( Now we are planning our next trip! First split stay for us so it's new for us. Going to do a 4 night stay at Art of Animation Little mermaid room and then a 4 night stay at Wilderness Lodge in October 2019!!!! Can't wait! So excited. : )

Super Excited for our first stay at the Wilderness Lodge! Just booked a stay for August. Its a mother/daughter trip with my oldest who is 8. Really looking forward to our girls trip
You're going to love it! It's my favorite place to relax, especially later in the evening. Geyser Point is very laid back after 8 or 9, a good place for a night cap. Hope you have a great time!

ETA: Just read that your daughter is 8, so scrap the night cap, but still really fun to explore the resort! :P

We do the same thing, have a 1 way rental from Ft Lauderdale, and after check in return rental to CCC. I prefer to stop at Resort first to check in and leave luggage with Bell Service if our room isn’t ready. It just seems less lugging around the luggage. But yes, you can go directly to CCC with your luggage and they will bring everything on the bus with you to your resort. They will drop you anywhere on WDW property.
As we stop at resort first to check in and leave luggage we get the CCC shuttle to drop us at GF to hop on monorail to MK.

Thank you so much for the info!! Appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter