Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all AGAIN! I think we will go with the bunk beds. My little daughter doesn't like bunk beds but it still is probably better than sharing a sofa bed with her sister. Thanks again for your insights!!

Thank you all AGAIN! I think we will go with the bunk beds. My little daughter doesn't like bunk beds but it still is probably better than sharing a sofa bed with her sister. Thanks again for your insights!!

An option to consider would be something like Magic Bumpers or something similar (there are inflatable ones, foam ones; one can also use pillows or rolled towels/blankets to accomplish the same thing) which creates "separate" sleeping spaces on one bed. I have a couple friends who use this for their kids when traveling and staying in hotels and it has worked well for them.

SW

An option to consider would be something like Magic Bumpers or something similar (there are inflatable ones, foam ones; one can also use pillows or rolled towels/blankets to accomplish the same thing) which creates "separate" sleeping spaces on one bed. I have a couple friends who use this for their kids when traveling and staying in hotels and it has worked well for them.

SW
Try swim noodles under the sheets.

A question.....We are going to be arriving via car at WL in August early (7-8am) so I’m sure our room won’t be ready. Do they have a refridgerated area to store small groceries? I was planning on picking up yogurt, milk, and cheese and storing them in a soft sided cooler with a few ice packs.

A question.....We are going to be arriving via car at WL in August early (7-8am) so I’m sure our room won’t be ready. Do they have a refridgerated area to store small groceries? I was planning on picking up yogurt, milk, and cheese and storing them in a soft sided cooler with a few ice packs.

Yes, Bell Services have a very large refrigerator to keep you perishables cold.

Is there a way to identify which rooms in WL have bunk beds? Are there any "standard" view rooms that have them?

I know that years ago Disney was removing DVD players from the DVC villas. I was surprised that in January my son rented dvds at Boardwalk villas. Has anyone recently noticed if the Mercantile still offers DVD rentals for the villas?

We've stayed at Bunk rooms at WL and AKL, back when my kids were little. How tall are your kids? It's a little hard to get in the top bunk unless you are a kid because you are so close to the ceiling you can hit your head getting in/out.

And not to confuse matters further, the CCV has a queen bed and a double sofa bed, but the regular WL rooms have two queen beds. If they are going to share, a room with two queens will be more roomy than a double sleeper sofa.

Here is a video that shows that the ceiling in the bunk bed rooms:

Here is an older one, but I don't think the bunks have changed:

Last edited:

You could look at a studio at Boulder Ridge Villas (formerly known as Villas at Wilderness Lodge). The studios there have a queen bed, pull out sofa, a drop down single Murphy bed. It is literally right next door to the main Lodge, connected by a covered walkway and shares all the same amenities.

Thank you all! Starwind your post really clarified a lot for me! I think we want to stay at WL, so then it owukd be comparing the CCV Studio to the WL bunk bed room. Any others who have done both and have thoughts on them?

We stayed in a WL bunk bed room 3 years ago with a wood view (we could see the fireworks over MK actually.) My children at the time were 10 months old, 4 and 6. My girls sleep in a bunk bed at home so they loved the WL bunk beds! I think that they make the room feel small though because they're high and heavy. However, you can walk around three sides of them so it gave us plenty of storage space between the wall and the beds (as opposed to two double beds where you usually don't have much usable space between the wall and the bed.) We really liked that room and I'm bummed we're too big of a family to use it again.

Is there a way to identify which rooms in WL have bunk beds? Are there any "standard" view rooms that have them?
We don’t have a list of bunk bed rooms that is known to be accurate, but in general there are not bunk beds in the standard view section of the resort. They are a bookable category for all other views, and are scattered around the resort. People have gotten bunk bed rooms with standard view reservations, but every one I have seen was actually a view upgrade as well. We were lucky enough to get one that opened to the lobby above WCC and our kids loved it.

We are staying at WL in SEPT!!!!!! Doing a happy dance. We stayed in a CL 1 bedroom way back in 2007 during Dec and it was amazing. We fell in love. We have been back a number of times since then but never back to WL. I can't wait!!!! I know there has been a lot of construction there so not sure how different it will be but still can't wait.

Thank you all! Starwind your post really clarified a lot for me! I think we want to stay at WL, so then it owukd be comparing the CCV Studio to the WL bunk bed room. Any others who have done both and have thoughts on them?

We've stayed in WL bunk bed rooms 6 times. Kids ranged in age from 2 1/2 till 22. We found them to feel more spacious then two queens, plus as the got older, no way would DD and DS want to sleep in same bed. For the price paid, we chose to have everyone have their own bed.

For these reasons, we have not, nor will we stay in a room with one queen and a sofa sleeper. Keep in mind, the CCV studio room is simply a renovated WL room and The sq footage has not changed. They are not super spacious rooms by any means.

The new Wilderness Lodge merchandise is pretty awesome. Really love the fact that Disney seems to be re-embracing the idea of resort specific merch.

https://wdwnt.com/2018/05/photos-disneys-wilderness-lodge-debuts-a-mountain-of-new-merchandise/

Just an FYI my husband has the shirt from the first photo and it is incredibly soft and comfortable, but after washing and drying it is now my shirt as he can no longer fit in it. Now I did nothing specific to prevent it from shrinking so if you are better with clothes than I you may not have an issue, I am loving my soft new WL shirt!!!

Thanks all!! Right now we are limited in choice by what’s available for our dates. WL rooms with 2 queens nor Boulder are available. If boulder came up, I would consider it for the extra pull down bed. Is Boulder a let down in newness compared to CCV?

My kids are 5” and 5’6” so not short. I hope they will fit if we do bunk beds! They can fit on the pull down bed like the one at BC. Not sure how those compare in size to the bunks. Sounds like a tall adult like me 5’ 9” will not like the bunks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!