Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious are the cabins always full or empty? little of both? and do they ever have discounts? Have to be a really big discount if I got to stay in one.....:rolleyes1:charac2::charac2:

I don't know, but if I recall correctly the 3-bedroom villas aren't discounted so I wouldn't think a cabin would be discounted.

Just curious are the cabins always full or empty? little of both? and do they ever have discounts? Have to be a really big discount if I got to stay in one.....:rolleyes1:charac2::charac2:

My recommendation for the best discount option would be to rent DVC points. We were surprised at how many of the cabins were occupied, even at a quiet time of year. They do tend to have availability at the 7 month window, so they wouldn’t have to be Copper Creek points that you rent, which helps with availability.

We tried the cabin for three nights and enjoyed it, but for us it isn’t a good enough value to win out over a two bedroom. It is an awesome “bucket list” item to have done though.

I don't know, but if I recall correctly the 3-bedroom villas aren't discounted so I wouldn't think a cabin would be discounted.

Im pretty sure this verbage is listed under EVERY room discount type.

• Offer excludes the following: campsites, 3-bedroom villas, Copper Creek Villas and Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, the Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort and Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.

I'm hearing Wilderness Lodge (and Animal Kingdom Lodge) are doing away with the bunk bed rooms. Has anyone gotten confirmation of this? Was hoping for a bunk bed room next summer and they are greyed out on my searches. :(

I'm hearing Wilderness Lodge (and Animal Kingdom Lodge) are doing away with the bunk bed rooms. Has anyone gotten confirmation of this? Was hoping for a bunk bed room next summer and they are greyed out on my searches. :(

I have heard this in multiple p laces, and on multiple threads here on the DIS, but havn't seen official confirmation beyond bunk bed rooms not being available to book.

SW

I got to test out the new MDE feature that lets you unlock your resort room with your phone. I walked out of the room without my MB and was able to get back in by using my phone. It takes a minute to set up. You have to log back into the app and accept the terms and conditions, and then it was ready to use. It was a good thing I had my cell phone with me. :)
I couldn’t get mine to work. I didn’t pursue it because I found it easier to use band. I only walked out one day out of 14 without band, pretty good lol! It was a pain at the parks though having to dig out my AP for admittance and for any FP. My dd had her band on so no prob getting into room. I started hanging MB on door knob so I wouldn’t forget it again!

coming for thanksgiving week. have stayed in the BRV every time we've come before. Unsure if we should do the CCV or the BRV this time. Any thoughts from those with knowledge? Difference in terms of access/convenience/noise/etc?

thanks!

coming for thanksgiving week. have stayed in the BRV every time we've come before. Unsure if we should do the CCV or the BRV this time. Any thoughts from those with knowledge? Difference in terms of access/convenience/noise/etc?

thanks!
If you're familiar with BRV, then you know what you like about it. The rooms are larger and have higher occupancy than similar ones in CCV. CCV has the advantage of being in the main building (except for the cabins) which is definitely more centrally located. We just love the big main lobby and walking through it on the way to/from our room. BRV can feel like a long walk, especially if you're at the end of the hallway. In general we haven't had noise issues in the main building, but some have complained about lobby and WCC noise for rooms that open to the lobby. The main pool also generates some noise in the afternoons, so lower floors on the North side of the CCV wing might hear more of that. The Boulder Ridge Cove pool is generally much quieter, and still makes for a nice view. You're more likely to have some of a pool view on the CCV side since half of BRV faces away from the pool towards the buses and trees. I would think you would have better luck getting a deal on BRV points now, since CCV is still so new and not fully sold yet. Either way you'll be at the Lodge, which is wonderful. Enjoy your stay!

If you're familiar with BRV, then you know what you like about it. The rooms are larger and have higher occupancy than similar ones in CCV. CCV has the advantage of being in the main building (except for the cabins) which is definitely more centrally located. We just love the big main lobby and walking through it on the way to/from our room. BRV can feel like a long walk, especially if you're at the end of the hallway. In general we haven't had noise issues in the main building, but some have complained about lobby and WCC noise for rooms that open to the lobby. The main pool also generates some noise in the afternoons, so lower floors on the North side of the CCV wing might hear more of that. The Boulder Ridge Cove pool is generally much quieter, and still makes for a nice view. You're more likely to have some of a pool view on the CCV side since half of BRV faces away from the pool towards the buses and trees. I would think you would have better luck getting a deal on BRV points now, since CCV is still so new and not fully sold yet. Either way you'll be at the Lodge, which is wonderful. Enjoy your stay!

thanks! leaning BRV just because we've been there and like it. feels homey. dumb question: the stick tent they keep showing in the CCV photos isn't really an amenity, right?

The CM checking us into the Old Faithful Club told us that they would be getting rid of the bunk beds when they do the remodel. She said that there wasn't enough demand for them and the older kids didn't want to sleep in them.

thanks! leaning BRV just because we've been there and like it. feels homey. dumb question: the stick tent they keep showing in the CCV photos isn't really an amenity, right?

Yeah, our rooms sure didn't have them. It might have been fun to call and ask for one, but I doubt they would have been able to find one to bring us.

thanks!

I was in CCV and the electrical water pageant was really loud. If anybody wants to go to bed early, that would be a problem. Will edit to add room number later. Edit: room 5130.

I was in CCV and the electrical water pageant was really loud. If anybody wants to go to bed early, that would be a problem. Will edit to add room number later. Edit: room 5130.
It's loud at any resort it goes by. We heard it every night of our stay at BLT. Since we were inside the C, the noise just reverberated even more.

The CM checking us into the Old Faithful Club told us that they would be getting rid of the bunk beds when they do the remodel. She said that there wasn't enough demand for them and the older kids didn't want to sleep in them.

It would be nice if they'd add some sort of third sleeping surface. Doubt they'd add the flip down muphy bed though, since they didn't add it to CCV.

It would be nice if they'd add some sort of third sleeping surface. Doubt they'd add the flip down muphy bed though, since they didn't add it to CCV.
I think that the rooms are too small for a Murphy bed.

It is too bad that they are removing the bunk beds, I'm sure that there are a lot of families that like them. They need to drop the price, though. It doesn't make sense that they charge a high price for the rooms that no one seems to want.

I think that the rooms are too small for a Murphy bed.

It is too bad that they are removing the bunk beds, I'm sure that there are a lot of families that like them. They need to drop the price, though. It doesn't make sense that they charge a high price for the rooms that no one seems to want.

Yeah, the bedrooms at both WL and AKL are actually smaller than the moderate resorts (rooms are bigger, bedroom space smaller). So don't see them adding the Murphy bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter