Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked our first WL trip for June 2019. Rented points from a board member and got a studio at BRV, and we are very excited. We always talk about staying at WL but typically end up getting a deal or something somewhere else, but this time it worked out. Can't wait!

Andy

We just wrapped up a great stay at the Yacht Club, but as nice as it was I really missed Wilderness Lodge (especially as I waited for the bus after the Halloween Party and EMH). So we booked our December 2019 trip for the Lodge! We’ll be there 12/7/19 - 12/14/19. The free dining bounceback wasn’t available for what we needed so it looks like I’ll be on free dining watch this year, but it’ll be nice to be back at WL at Christmas.
It’s a 2 edged sword lol. When we stayed at YC I was glad we didn’t have to make our way out to busses or monorail after Illuminations!

I'm hearing Wilderness Lodge (and Animal Kingdom Lodge) are doing away with the bunk bed rooms. Has anyone gotten confirmation of this? Was hoping for a bunk bed room next summer and they are greyed out on my searches. :(

It was grayed for me initially but then when I decided to check again a week or so later, it was available. We are booked ina courtyard bunk bed room for the first part of a split stay Christmas week 2019. We will be very disappointed if we don't get them as my kids are miserable sharing a bed. If they added a daybed that would be fine. But we are counting on that third sleeping space.

I tried to do a search but it's glitching on me!!! I'm doing a garden grocer order for our stay in November, just need to know if the 1 litre (sorry, I'm from Canada lol) milk jugs will fit fine in the fridges in the regular rooms?

I tried to do a search but it's glitching on me!!! I'm doing a garden grocer order for our stay in November, just need to know if the 1 litre (sorry, I'm from Canada lol) milk jugs will fit fine in the fridges in the regular rooms?
They should fit. You'll probably want to purchase a half gallon jug of milk. We usually buy a gallon jug of milk at home. but they tend to be a bit too large for the inroom refrigerators. Half gallon jug should be about the size of a two liter bottle of soda.

They should fit. You'll probably want to purchase a half gallon jug of milk. We usually buy a gallon jug of milk at home. but they tend to be a bit too large for the inroom refrigerators. Half gallon jug should be about the size of a two liter bottle of soda.

Perfect, thanks so much!!!

Just booked our first WL trip for June 2019. Rented points from a board member and got a studio at BRV, and we are very excited. We always talk about staying at WL but typically end up getting a deal or something somewhere else, but this time it worked out. Can't wait!

Andy

We will be at BRV in June 2019 as well! WL is a great resort, and I was very excited we were able to swing it for next year.

It was grayed for me initially but then when I decided to check again a week or so later, it was available. We are booked ina courtyard bunk bed room for the first part of a split stay Christmas week 2019. We will be very disappointed if we don't get them as my kids are miserable sharing a bed. If they added a daybed that would be fine. But we are counting on that third sleeping space.

I have a woods view w/ bunk bed room booked for September 2019.

I have a woods view w/ bunk bed room booked for September 2019.

Hopefully they've decided to do something different with the bunk bed rooms during the refurb. I like that AKL and WL have them...it makes them unique. And we would be inclined to use them. There are other resorts that have bunk beds... actually the Wyndham Grand has them. There are other hotels in the Orlando area that have them. So it isn't out of the ordinary for the industry.

Anyone else found the beds in Boulder Ridge to be similar to a mattress left in the box and covered with sheets? I'm hoping we just have a horrible bed and it can be changed out.

Anyone else found the beds in Boulder Ridge to be similar to a mattress left in the box and covered with sheets? I'm hoping we just have a horrible bed and it can be changed out.

Our Boulder Ridge bed was comfy but I think I had your current mattress at Bay Lake last month....

The problem is they probably did change it out. Hotels are notorious for getting extra, extra firm mattresses. The theory is they last longer, or so someone in the hotel industry once told me.

I also posted this in the Club Level thread. I just booked a deluxe room at WL for Dec. 1-4. I don't know much about these rooms, but do know that at least some of them are at the very end of the hallway...numbers ending in 00 & 03. Does anyone know if there are other locations for deluxe rooms? I will be pushing my mom in a wheelchair, and saving a few steps by being near an elevator would be pretty nice.

This room just appeared last night, and I took it to make this special for my mom, but I will continue to look to see if a standard club level room might magically appear.

I also posted this in the Club Level thread. I just booked a deluxe room at WL for Dec. 1-4. I don't know much about these rooms, but do know that at least some of them are at the very end of the hallway...numbers ending in 00 & 03. Does anyone know if there are other locations for deluxe rooms? I will be pushing my mom in a wheelchair, and saving a few steps by being near an elevator would be pretty nice.

This room just appeared last night, and I took it to make this special for my mom, but I will continue to look to see if a standard club level room might magically appear.
We stayed in a deluxe room last month. We were in room 4003 and had a very nice view. But all of the deluxe rooms are at the very end of the building, close to the boat dock. There are two elevators, one in the lobby and one on the ground floor near Roaring Forks. If you have a room on the 2nd or third floor then you would use the elevator near Roaring Forks to get to the room. If you have a room on the 4th or 5th floors, then you can use the lobby elevators. The lounge is on the 7th floor so you would have to use an elevator to get to it.

The deluxe rooms are the farthest rooms at the Wilderness Lodge. It would be very inconvenient to stay in one of them if you had to push someone in a wheelchair, especially up the ramp between the lobby and the ground floor. You might want to consider booking a normal room and then adding club level access when you check in. The cost is $99 per night. :)

We stayed in a deluxe room last month. We were in room 4003 and had a very nice view. But all of the deluxe rooms are at the very end of the building, close to the boat dock. There are two elevators, one in the lobby and one on the ground floor near Roaring Forks. If you have a room on the 2nd or third floor then you would use the elevator near Roaring Forks to get to the room. If you have a room on the 4th or 5th floors, then you can use the lobby elevators. The lounge is on the 7th floor so you would have to use an elevator to get to it.

The deluxe rooms are the farthest rooms at the Wilderness Lodge. It would be very inconvenient to stay in one of them if you had to push someone in a wheelchair, especially up the ramp between the lobby and the ground floor. You might want to consider booking a normal room and then adding club level access when you check in. The cost is $99 per night. :)

Thank you for this. I already had a one bedroom at Copper Creek booked through WDW with a passholder discount. I think that the deluxe room probably isn't worthwhile for us, and I will keep the Copper Creek reservation.

Assuming that the $99 is per person per night? Also assuming that it must be booked for the entire stay? Of course you know when you assume....

Thank you for this. I already had a one bedroom at Copper Creek booked through WDW with a passholder discount. I think that the deluxe room probably isn't worthwhile for us, and I will keep the Copper Creek reservation.

Assuming that the $99 is per person per night? Also assuming that it must be booked for the entire stay? Of course you know when you assume....
I'm pretty sure that it is $99 per night, not per person. And it would be for the entire stay. It isn't available for Copper Creek, though.

I would keep the villa. They are beautiful and you would have lots of room, a full kitchen and a washer/dryer in the room. I know that I would like that better. I love villas. :)

I'm pretty sure that it is $99 per night, not per person. And it would be for the entire stay. It isn't available for Copper Creek, though.

I would keep the villa. They are beautiful and you would have lots of room, a full kitchen and a washer/dryer in the room. I know that I would like that better. I love villas. :)

I love villas as well. So comfy, with room to spread out. Too bad it isn't available at Copper Creek, but we will be fine.

The problem is they probably did change it out. Hotels are notorious for getting extra, extra firm mattresses. The theory is they last longer, or so someone in the hotel industry once told me.
I've had pillowtop mattresses with DVC before. This one is barely fabric top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!