Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are heading off to the WL this Saturday and are really looking forward to this trip. It has been an extremely busy January and February for me at work and Feb 23rd is the first time I could get away from work. The weather looks great for hanging around the pool and eating at Geyser Point. There are so many wonderful options at WL that we know we will have a great time with whatever we choose to do on our trip. We have a Nature view room and I'll post an update when we get there. :)
Have a great trip! Looking forward to enjoying the lodge vicariously through your posts. The last time we were there we noticed that the music seemed to be quieter than it used to be. Let me know what you think. Have fun lodging about!

I just stayed at Wilderness Lodge for the first time Feb 9th--I loved it! I was only there one night, with my Mom, and while we had booked a bunk bed room, we got a surprise upgrade to club level! Happy Birthday to my mom, indeed. :) But what a lovely lovely resort. I really liked taking the boat to MK too :)

We arrived at the WL on Saturday and the lodge is just as wonderful as ever. :) We got lucky with the Magical Express and it left the airport a few minutes after we boarded it on Saturday morning. The WL was the first stop and we arrived at the WL around 10:45 am. We asked the CM about adding club lounge access to our reservation when we checked in and he was happy to add it. Our room wasn't ready yet so we stopped in the lounge for some snacks before heading off to Epcot. I got the room ready text around 1:30 and I knew we had gotten our request. :) I'll talk more about the room after we check out. :)

They have one of the main lobby elevators closed for refurbishing, so only two of them are running right now. They also have the small motor launch out for repairs so they are using one of the boats that they usually use for the pirate cruise for the trip to MK. One of the CM's said that they had started to clear the land for the new resort on the old River Country location. We'll have to check that out when we go to Trails End for dinner tomorrow. We also heard some construction noise from the site of the new Tron ride at MK. And the Snow White character meal is a big hit with plenty of people coming to the lodge for it. I think that is all the news from here. :)

Last edited:

Can anyone tell me how long it would take to walk from WL to FW with two kids in a stroller?

It takes approximately 20 - 25 minutes to walk the path, depending on the speed of the walkers. It is a very nice path and we usually see deer on it. :)
Fantastic thankyou. We're staying at Boulder Ridge Villas in September and I'd like to take the kids over to see the horses and maybe do a carriage ride and go to Trails End for Dinner and would prefer to walk than take the boat.

We arrived at the WL on Saturday and the lodge is just as wonderful as ever. :) We got lucky with the Magical Express and it left the airport a few minutes after we boarded it on Saturday morning. The WL was the first stop and we arrived at the WL around 10:45 am. We asked the CM about adding club lounge access to our reservation when we checked in and he was happy to add it. Our room wasn't ready yet so we stopped in the lounge for some snacks before heading off to Epcot. I got the room ready text around 1:30 and I knew we hadn't gotten our request. :) I'll talk more about the room after we check out. :)

They have one of the main lobby elevators closed for refurbishing, so only two of them are running right now. They also have the small motor launch out for repairs so they are using one of the boats that they usually use for the pirate cruise for the trip to MK. One of the CM's said that they had started to clear the land for the new resort on the old River Country location. We'll have to check that out when we go to Trails End for dinner tomorrow. We also heard some construction noise from the site of the new Tron ride at MK. And the Snow White character meal is a big hit with plenty of people coming to the lodge for it. I think that is all the news from here. :)

Sorry you didn’t get the room you requested but I know you will have a fabulous time as always! The WL has such special memories for me and I will be returning in Aug-Sept. I am curious about how crowded you find the parks this week as we will be at POFQ next week and I understand the resorts are all packed for that week.

Sorry you didn’t get the room you requested but I know you will have a fabulous time as always! The WL has such special memories for me and I will be returning in Aug-Sept. I am curious about how crowded you find the parks this week as we will be at POFQ next week and I understand the resorts are all packed for that week.
I had to go back and edit my post because we did get our room request. :) The location works perfectly for this trip.

The parks are very busy. Today was the last day of the Festival of the Arts and Epcot was more crowded than I expected for a Monday. The Wilderness Lodge is full but you would never guess that is was. The Old Faithful Club is a lot less busy than it was when we were here in September.

I had to go back and edit my post because we did get our room request. :) The location works perfectly for this trip.

The parks are very busy. Today was the last day of the Festival of the Arts and Epcot was more crowded than I expected for a Monday. The Wilderness Lodge is full but you would never guess that is was. The Old Faithful Club is a lot less busy than it was when we were here in September.

Glad you got your room request!!! We are going to try and add CL when we come end of summer. Couldn’t get into WL for this trip but I do really like the POFQ. Hope you have good weather this week! Enjoy

We arrived at the WL on Saturday and the lodge is just as wonderful as ever. :) We got lucky with the Magical Express and it left the airport a few minutes after we boarded it on Saturday morning. The WL was the first stop and we arrived at the WL around 10:45 am. We asked the CM about adding club lounge access to our reservation when we checked in and he was happy to add it. Our room wasn't ready yet so we stopped in the lounge for some snacks before heading off to Epcot. I got the room ready text around 1:30 and I knew we had gotten our request. :) I'll talk more about the room after we check out. :)

Thanks for the report! Hope you have a great visit. I can't believe you could hear the Tron construction!!

I just booked a CCV, 2-bedroom villa with cash through WDW. I'm just wondering - will we get a 2-bedroom dedicated villa or a lock-off? Based on the description on the WDW website, it sounds like a dedicated (1 king in the master, 2 queens in the second bedroom), but I know the website can be chock-full of misinformation. I was going to put in a room request through Touring Plans and didn't want to request the wrong room category. Thank you so much!

I just booked a CCV, 2-bedroom villa with cash through WDW. I'm just wondering - will we get a 2-bedroom dedicated villa or a lock-off? Based on the description on the WDW website, it sounds like a dedicated (1 king in the master, 2 queens in the second bedroom), but I know the website can be chock-full of misinformation. I was going to put in a room request through Touring Plans and didn't want to request the wrong room category. Thank you so much!
This came up on the Copper Creek thread, and it does appear that the cash reservations for 2 bedrooms are all dedicated units. That will guarantee that you get the two real beds in the second bedroom.
We stayed in a dedicated two bedroom last September and can't wait to do it again. We loved that room, it just worked out perfectly for us. Congratulations and have a great trip.

This came up on the Copper Creek thread, and it does appear that the cash reservations for 2 bedrooms are all dedicated units. That will guarantee that you get the two real beds in the second bedroom.
We stayed in a dedicated two bedroom last September and can't wait to do it again. We loved that room, it just worked out perfectly for us. Congratulations and have a great trip.

That's great news - thank you! We stayed in a 1-bedroom at CCV two years ago and it's just beautiful. We are taking my friend and her DS11 for their very first trip, so I think the 2-bedroom at CCV will knock their socks off!

I'm just curious how you would compare the dedicated 2BRs at CC and BR?

Stayed at Wilderness Lodge Villas ago and loved it, about eight years ago. Poking around this morning and saw an availability 2 nights for our AKL Jambo stay in September. Changed 2 nights to Copper Creek Villas, very excited will have a split stay, we enjoy split stays being able to enjoy different resorts. Haven't seen Boulder Ridge Villas yet, but wanted to confirm that if we are staying at Copper Creek Villas on member points, we can use the pool at Boulder Ridge Villas as well?:confused::confused: Went on the pool hopping section of the member website and it seemed to indicate that we can.:confused3 Really excited about the Copper Creek reservation. Pays to poke around on the website early in the morning!:dance3: Thanks in advance!:goodvibes

CC villas are smaller than BR. CC is converted hotel rooms while BR was new DVC from the start. We stayed in a BR two bedroom once and it was really big. The closet in the second bedroom was nearly a room by itself and there was a lot of room by the second bathroom sink area, too. Great for storing luggage for the entire villa or a great place to put the pack and play. More space in the BR kitchen, too, since it's not a galley kitchen like CC.

Stayed at Wilderness Lodge Villas ago and loved it, about eight years ago. Poking around this morning and saw an availability 2 nights for our AKL Jambo stay in September. Changed 2 nights to Copper Creek Villas, very excited will have a split stay, we enjoy split stays being able to enjoy different resorts. Haven't seen Boulder Ridge Villas yet, but wanted to confirm that if we are staying at Copper Creek Villas on member points, we can use the pool at Boulder Ridge Villas as well?:confused::confused: Went on the pool hopping section of the member website and it seemed to indicate that we can.:confused3 Really excited about the Copper Creek reservation. Pays to poke around on the website early in the morning!:dance3: Thanks in advance!:goodvibes
Yes, you can use either pool. It's one resort. The only place where you can't use all the pools is the Contemporary where only the BLT guests can use the BLT pool.

We have not stayed in any Boulder Ridge Villa, so we can't offer the direct comparison from experience with both. For the dedicated two bedroom units though, the Copper Creek ones are just slightly larger than the Boulder Ridge ones. (1105 Sq Ft at CCV and 1080 at BRV). Both have a large closet in the second bedroom which is really nice. The kitchen layout is the biggest difference, where Copper Creek does have a galley (sideways) style kitchen and a bigger booth style table. The layout of the master bath and laundry area is kind of different too, with the laundry for the CCV being in more of an open hallway that leads from the front door towards the master.

We were very sad to check out of WL this morning. We really enjoyed our time here. It was raining and cool yesterday so we didn’t get back to the pool. But we took advantage of the delicious food at the club lounge and were able to eat three out of four dinners there.

We were in room 4084, a nature view room above Whispering Canyon Cafe. We were also a few floors under the Old Faithful Club and used the stairs near our room when we wanted to go to the lounge. We got some pretty funny looks from some people when we entered the lounge from the lobby stairs. I am sure that people thought we were sneaking in. But there is a touchpad on the sixth floor so only people who had paid for access could get up there.

Our room had a solid balcony wall but it wasn’t too tall. There were mostly trees to look at anyway. We could see the fireworks through the trees but the really good view was from the hallway window near the elevators.

We moved to the Beach Club for our last two nights in WDW. We will have to book a longer stay at the WL next time

Last edited:
We were very sad to check out of WL this morning. We really enjoyed our time here. It was raining and cool yesterday so we didn’t get back to the pool. But we took advantage of the delicious food at the club lounge and were able to eat three out of four dinners there.

We were in room 4084, a nature view room above Whispering Canyon Cafe. We were also a few floors under the Old Faithful Club and used the stairs near our room when we wanted to go to the lounge. We got some pretty funny looks from some people when we entered the lounge from the lobby stairs. I am sure that people thought we were sneaking in. But there is a touchpad on the sixth floor so only people who had paid for access could get up there.

Our room had a solid balcony wall but it wasn’t too tall. There were mostly trees to look at anyway. We could see the fireworks through the trees but the really good view was from the hallway window near the elevators.

We moved to the Beach Club for our last two nights in WDW. We will have to book a longer stay at the WL next time

We were in 4086 right next door 2 weeks ago!! Loved the location and it was so easy to get to the Lounge using the stairway! :thumbsup2 I do have to say though, I would never want to be in the room on 6 next to that locked gate. I always tried to close it very slowly and quietly!!

I have 2 more WL-CL stays booked this year, but bit the bullet and booked the CL room for those stays (May & September). The May reservation is an 11-night split stay with AKL-CL so I'll be getting both Lodges I love dearly! September I actually had BWI-CL booked and canceled it in favor of WL!

Enjoy the rest of your time at WDW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter