Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

You might want to edit your post. It's $99 per room, not per person. ;)
And to specify further, it’s $99 per room per night:-) We did it in November and felt it was well worth it. I was so happy the option to add CL access was available. I tried without success to book a CL room. Even though I checked daily to see if one became available, one never became available. Thanks to this board, though, I knew I had the option to add CL access at check-in.

I know it was mentioned in another post here recently— we were on the second floor in a nature view room and had an amazing view of the fireworks!

You might want to edit your post. It's $99 per room, not per person. ;)

And to specify further, it’s $99 per room per night:-) We did it in November and felt it was well worth it. I was so happy the option to add CL access was available. I tried without success to book a CL room. Even though I checked daily to see if one became available, one never became available. Thanks to this board, though, I knew I had the option to add CL access at check-in.

I know it was mentioned in another post here recently— we were on the second floor in a nature view room and had an amazing view of the fireworks!
Yes thank you!! We've done it 3x, just answered in too much of a rush, sorry!!

That is correct. It is only available to those staying in WL resort rooms; DVC villas (both BRV & CCR) are excluded.
There are times such as this when I wonder if keeping the combined resorts and DVC properties in one thread are helpful or confusing.

There are times such as this when I wonder if keeping the combined resorts and DVC properties in one thread are helpful or confusing.

I agree, times ten where BWV and BWI are concerned. At least there are three different names for the three at WL!

LOL I agree with you both! The worst one for confusion though is the AKL/AKV thread - especially when the discussion is about Club Level there!! :upsidedow

I agree, times ten where BWV and BWI are concerned. At least there are three different names for the three at WL!

LOL I agree with you both! The worst one for confusion though is the AKL/AKV thread - especially when the discussion is about Club Level there!! :upsidedow
I can't think of too many instances when an answer would even apply to both regular and DVC stays at these resorts, other than where you go to check in or catch a bus. Most everything about the rooms is different

I have a question about ADA compliant rooms at Wilderness Lodge.

My parents booked a standard room there through an agency deal for a trip this summer. My mom requested an ADA compliant room -- I assume this is just like any other request and will be honored if they're able to? And looking on Touring Plans room finder, it doesn't look like there are any ADA compliant standard view rooms, so is it pretty certain that this won't be a request Disney will be able to fulfill? I've never requested this type of room before so I'm just unfamiliar with how it all works.
ADA compliant rooms are specific booking categories and only guaranteed if you have that category booked. There are Florida accessible, wheelchair accessible with tub, wheelchair accessible with roll-in shower, and hearing assistance rooms.

Touring Plans is great, but the room categories are not always 100% accurate. With the recent changes and loss of rooms at WL with CC, I bet it has some standard ADA rooms. I would ask your TA if he/she could get you into either category that fits your needs. I have booked ADA compliant rooms via TA multiple times.

IDK about any construction schedules, but I was at WL Friday night and cut through the first floor because of crowds getting off the boat and saw some new carpeting at the end of the hallway by rooms 1000 and 1001. I am assuming these are test rooms for the refreshed rooms!

I have a question about ADA compliant rooms at Wilderness Lodge.

My parents booked a standard room there through an agency deal for a trip this summer. My mom requested an ADA compliant room -- I assume this is just like any other request and will be honored if they're able to? And looking on Touring Plans room finder, it doesn't look like there are any ADA compliant standard view rooms, so is it pretty certain that this won't be a request Disney will be able to fulfill? I've never requested this type of room before so I'm just unfamiliar with how it all works.

You may want to post this question on the DISabilities board. I know there are folks over there that have used some of the ADA rooms at WL.

IDK about any construction schedules, but I was at WL Friday night and cut through the first floor because of crowds getting off the boat and saw some new carpeting at the end of the hallway by rooms 1000 and 1001. I am assuming these are test rooms for the refreshed rooms!

Surprised they aren't going with hardwood floors to match CCV and the general direction they've been going with refurbs.

Edited: to not sound so negative!

Last edited:
If you have booked through the reg Disney website for a CCV room can you add concierge upon arrival or are all villa rooms excluded?

No, sorry, CCV is excluded. (Unfortunately)

Well at least half of our party won't be eligible we all won't be for our upcoming trip in July. We have booked concierge on the resort side for Christmas so glad we went that route. Thank you :)

I wouldn't be so sure they aren't just yet. That could always be carpet for hallways or something. Unless someone has actually seen a completed room
Very true! YC hallways are carpeted and the rooms are hardwood/laminate. I will say the pattern on the rug in the hall was very pretty. Looked the like geode artwork in the CC 1 bedroom villa sleeping area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter