Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a countdown! Originally, my plan was to not go back until 2022, when my grandchild, who is due next month, would be just about to turn 3. Well, that plan is still going to happen, but recently I have been dealing with some serious health issues and my DH said he wanted to take a trip before that, just the two of us. (like I did with my DD last November) Anyhow, in keeping with our positive outlooks and optimism, I called today and reserved the WL for Jan. 2-7! I am hopeful that this bump in the road will be behind us and we will have something to celebrate! I am hoping the tree will still be up, but even if it isn't, I will be happy just to be there. And there's always the castle lights!
It's amazing how much having a countdown can cheer me up. I was grinning all day!! And that's on top of the grin I already had about becoming a grandma soon!!
I always say the best way to beat the "blues" is to plan a vacation. It means everything to have something to look forward to! I don't know where you live but here in the midwest Florida sounds pretty amazing in Jan!

Thanks so much for all the info on the front page. We are contemplating a stay at a Deluxe Room--if we can book one. Knowing now that there are only 12 helps me understand my issues finding dates. We are a family of six, so these rooms represent a relatively "affordable" way to do Club Level compared to to other resorts.
Is there anything you would have wanted to know before your first stay at WL, or before your first experience of Club Level? We'd likely be staying at WL as part of a split stay for our MK days, doing AoA family suite for DHS time.

Thanks so much for all the info on the front page. We are contemplating a stay at a Deluxe Room--if we can book one. Knowing now that there are only 12 helps me understand my issues finding dates. We are a family of six, so these rooms represent a relatively "affordable" way to do Club Level compared to to other resorts.
Is there anything you would have wanted to know before your first stay at WL, or before your first experience of Club Level? We'd likely be staying at WL as part of a split stay for our MK days, doing AoA family suite for DHS time.
WL is our favorite place. Be prepared to not want to be anywhere else. I would suggest doing HS at the end if you are trying to get Slinky Dog fast passes. We stupidly put BWI at the beginning and it was impossible to get the fast passes in the three first days we are there.
WL has a great quick service. Whispering Canyon is a lot of fun for all meals. Lunch is cheaper than dinner if you are paying out of pocket and basically the same thing. Ask if you can be the flag family if you have time. We did it a few years ago and it was fun.

Have fun!

Two questions sorry if already answered! Do the rooms have ceiling fans ? Do the bathrooms have the vanity mirrors? Tia!!!

Arriving late what are chances for Magical upgrade?
pixiedust:

My sister had a flight that got her to the resort at 1am but she got her room ready text in the morning when she was still at work. ;)
Do the bathrooms have the vanity mirrors? Tia!!!
The bathrooms don't have vanity mirrors.
Probably been asked, but do they sell water cases in the gift shop?
yes
Anyone know if the WL club lounge has Krispy Kreme donuts at breakfast or any other time?
They didn't serve donuts of any kind in the club lounge when we were there in February.

DS1 wants to know if our room will have the toiletry dispensers in the shower. We have 2 courtyard view rooms booked at the regular Wilderness Lodge. TIA!

DS1 wants to know if our room will have the toiletry dispensers in the shower. We have 2 courtyard view rooms booked at the regular Wilderness Lodge. TIA!
We were in a regular room and they still had the individual sizes. I don't think any deluxe resort has the large dispensers in the resort rooms. I've only seen them in the showers at the pool.

Does anyone know if we can get distilled water at the resort? Hubby needs it for his C-PAP and I hate to place a delivery order just for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter