Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic, thanks for that.
So I think we would like a woods view towards the lake. I found a room map online.
I'm assuming that where it says floors 3 and 4 are the same as 2 I'd just add the appropriate number of the floor to the start of the room.
So If I wanted to request room 2539 but on floor 4 it would be 4539?
Yes, but you have a better chance of getting a villa with an odd number maybe add 4th floor, not a specific villa number. Since you rented your stay, you won't be able to make the request yourself. You'll need the owner of the points to make it for you. It's a pretty small resort and if that villa is occupied, they won't have any idea what to give you. Last time we were in a one bedroom on the third floor, 3537, and the view was nice. DVC resorts do not accept faxes.

What is the difference between nature view and nature fireworks view?

I stayed in a nature view this past April (5018 if I recall) and had a lovely view of fireworks but it was booked as just that, a nature view. I am looking to go back in 2020 but now see a nature fireworks category but no availability (I played around with dates as well, still with nothing available). Is the fireworks category new or in the works of being developed or is there just really no availability? Again, I don’t remember specifying a fireworks view in April, just nature view.

Thanks for any input anyone can give, as I’m confused. 😁😁
The nature fireworks category is a recent one. All it means is that they are charging more for a nature view that has a good fireworks view. My guess is that there isn't any availability.

Last edited:
Yes you are correct. Just to let you know that 4539 is a lock-off Studio, which means it has a interior door to the 1 BR next door and noise

I would suggest you take a look at x531, x560-x563 (where x is floors 2-4), they are dedicated studios. x531 is directly across from the trash room / service elevator and may be noisy during the day. x560-x563 are at the end of the hallway but tend to be quiet with less guest traffic at that end of the building.

Dave
Yes, but you have a better chance of getting a villa with an odd number maybe add 4th floor, not a specific villa number. Since you rented your stay, you won't be able to make the request yourself. You'll need the owner of the points to make it for you. It's a pretty small resort and if that villa is occupied, they won't have any idea what to give you. Last time we were in a one bedroom on the third floor, 3537, and the view was nice. DVC resorts do not accept faxes.
Thankyou to the both of you.
I've put in my request and will hope for the best :)
Ultimately I guess it doesn't really matter - I'm at Disney after all, I'm just happy to be there!

Thanks for all the info.
I think it might be nice to have a view. Would any of the standard rooms be able to see MK? I'm guessing no, but OMG that would be a dream come true. it's our 7year wedding anniversary while we are there so want to make it special.
I would have thought a view of MK would be cool, but after staying there and having a courtyard view, I really preferred that. I didn't realize till I was actually there how close you are to Contemporary and MK, but it feels worlds away. Without seeing them, you really feel like you're in a whole other world, while still having the convenience of being close. DH agreed about the view. He said if we stay there again he'd want a courtyard or nature view that didn't look to the park.

Hello! Checking in on Friday (Lodge courtyard). Are the shampoo / conditioners in the showers with pumps? Is there still body wash provided? Thanks!
No pumps, still individual little containers, but yes, shampoo, conditioner, and body wash are all included, along with lotion, aloe gel, and bar soap.

I would have thought a view of MK would be cool, but after staying there and having a courtyard view, I really preferred that. I didn't realize till I was actually there how close you are to Contemporary and MK, but it feels worlds away. Without seeing them, you really feel like you're in a whole other world, while still having the convenience of being close. DH agreed about the view. He said if we stay there again he'd want a courtyard or nature view that didn't look to the park.

No pumps, still individual little containers, but yes, shampoo, conditioner, and body wash are all included, along with lotion, aloe gel, and bar soap.

And if you want a view of MK, if you walk over to the north wing of the main building on the 4th or 5th floor you will come across some shutters, open them and you have a view over to contemporary and MK. Nice spot to watch the fireworks -- indoors :-) But no music ;-)

SW

Hi, we are headed down to WL in 24 days and I was wondering if anyone had the august recreational activities calendar for the WL yet?

Usually available. The amount of Club Level rooms was cut in half with the DVC conversion. So they are offering the upgrade to help offset those missing rooms. If they reach a certain amount of guests that booked a Club Level room and those who upgraded, they will cut it off.

Not variable.

Correct.

I realize this post is almost a year old, and it was the most recent one I could find. I was wondering when you were adding Club Level exactly how you were doing it. I have a reservation for a few days in December, and I called the main WDW line this morning to ask about it. The CM I spoke to didn't know anything about it. He said he was going to check with the front desk, and then I got cut off. So I found the WL number and called, and the CM I spoke to there said that adding Club Level access is not something they offer, you can only get it by booking that room type. Was this just a temporary thing? Do you have to wait until you're there?

I realize this post is almost a year old, and it was the most recent one I could find. I was wondering when you were adding Club Level exactly how you were doing it. I have a reservation for a few days in December, and I called the main WDW line this morning to ask about it. The CM I spoke to didn't know anything about it. He said he was going to check with the front desk, and then I got cut off. So I found the WL number and called, and the CM I spoke to there said that adding Club Level access is not something they offer, you can only get it by booking that room type. Was this just a temporary thing? Do you have to wait until you're there?

You have to do it when you arrive. You can't do it ahead of time. And yes, it's still offered. Since it can only be added when you arrive the phone CMs know nothing about it. And you didn't speak to anyone actually at the WL. All numbers you can find online are routed to the Call Center. Even when you hit the Front Desk button on the phone in your room it routes to the Call Center.

Last edited:
When you call the hotel, you get a call center that identifies as the hotel. They really don't know the specifics.

Reactions: BFD
Do you have to wait until you're there?
Yes this is only available once you reach the actual resort. Just ask a front desk CM about adding CL access to your reservation. If there is space available you will be able to add it for your full stay. It is not available for select days or for only part of your reservation.

Note: It is doubtful that you actually spoke a CM at the WL front desk. All published numbers go to a call center. Even when you call the "Front Desk" from your WL room you don't speak to the actual front desk CMs. Your call is sent to a call center.

Dave

Yes this is only available once you reach the actual resort. Just ask a front desk CM about adding CL access to your reservation. If there is space available you will be able to add it for your full stay. It is not available for select days or for only part of your reservation.

Note: It is doubtful that you actually spoke a CM at the WL front desk. All published numbers go to a call center. Even when you call the "Front Desk" from your WL room you don't speak to the actual front desk CMs. Your call is sent to a call center.

Dave

I see...I'll try not to count on it since this is for the second week of December and there are no CL rooms showing available right now, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's not available when we get there. Thanks for the info, that helps.

This is going to be hard for me because I'm a big planner and I like to have everything settled way in advance. I guess we'll keep those ADRs for now.

This offering is not tied to the number of CL rooms available or booked. The key with this offer is not to expect it but ask at the front desk. When the WL main building was split for the new CC DVC ~50% of the CL rooms were removed from inventory.

The WL is the only resort to offer this CL add-on, it was a creative way to utilize available capacity of the Old Faithful Club. It is not an advertised offering so your chances even in Dec may be better than you think. I do agree that as a planner it is hard to leave this unsettled right up to the last minute.

Dave

This offering is not tied to the number of CL rooms available or booked. The key with this offer is not to expect it but ask at the front desk. When the WL main building was split for the new CC DVC ~50% of the CL rooms were removed from inventory.

The WL is the only resort to offer this CL add-on, it was a creative way to utilize available capacity of the Old Faithful Club. It is not an advertised offering so your chances even in Dec may be better than you think. I do agree that as a planner it is hard to leave this unsettled right up to the last minute.

Dave

One last question, do you have to be in one of the standard WL rooms to add Club Level, or can you add it to a BRV studio?

I see...I'll try not to count on it since this is for the second week of December and there are no CL rooms showing available right now, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's not available when we get there. Thanks for the info, that helps.

This is going to be hard for me because I'm a big planner and I like to have everything settled way in advance. I guess we'll keep those ADRs for now.
We've added CL a couple times including when we checked in on Thanksgiving Day last year, so don't rule it out for your Dec. trip :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter