Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typically (at Disney World) you won't ever be assigned one of those rooms unless the room you were originally assigned to was taken "out of service" for a maintenance issue that couldn't be resolved quickly enough, and that was the last available room (and that room had not been specifically booked). A more rare scenario is when a previous Guest does not vacate for some reason. And while I don't believe that Disney oversells, their policy is to never (knowingly) book someone who doesn't need/want that room type into an HA room; they are reserved for people who book them specifically.

WDW (and DL) have a policy that (as we understand it over on the DISabilties board) that type of accommodation must specifically be requested. Meaning, they don't just rent rooms willy-nilly, and then hope they can shuffle things around when I show up and require a HARIS room. Any of the rooms listed as "Accessible" on the website, and in their central res system must be booked deliberately - that way, someone who is hearing-impaired, and books a room with those features knows for sure that when they arrive, they will have that room type guaranteed.

In fact, it's one of the few "guaranteed" things about booking a hotel at WDW; everything else is pretty much a "request"!

So, if you ever find yourself in one of those rooms (and believe me, I wish I didn't *have* to - it makes travel so much more difficult because there are so few of them, especially at WL) know that it's most likely because your "regular" room had a problem of some sort, and to make sure you had a place to stay, they put you into an empty HA room.

Disney is pretty good about accommodating people in all situations - I know you probably wanted to be at our beautiful WL, and not anywhere else, but they might have been able to move you to your reserved room type at another Disney Resort hotel, or perhaps offered you a HA room that had a more traditional bathroom layout. Just always go down to the Front Desk for those conversations; since we know that all calls from the room phone to the "Front Desk" go to a central call center, it stands to reason that you will have a better chance at a successful resolution if you talk directly to the on-duty manager at the property.

I hope the rest of your time at WL was great - I know that people sometimes think that the HA rooms are bigger or somehow better, but they are exactly the same size, just typically with a different bathroom layout, and (at the refurbed hotels) lower beds that are "transfer height" for wheelchair/mobility users, instead of the new higher platform beds that you can store luggage under.
Thank you for this informative reply. After reading your response and thinking about it, I might know what happened. We didn't get a room ready text that day. When we were being checked in by the club level CM, he looked up our room assignment on his computer and told us that our room wouldn't be ready for a while. After we walked away, I immediately got a room ready text with the room number on it. Now I'm thinking that maybe the CM switched our room intending to do us a favor since I'm sure he could tell we weren't feeling well.

We all felt better the next day, and we had a fabulous trip over all, even though the room wasn't exactly what we expected.
For future trips, I'm glad to know that this type of room assignment doesn't happen randomly. Thank you!

If anyone is interested, here is a little patch of new carpet outside what MIGHT be a test room on the first floor of the lodge. Next to old carpet to compare!View attachment 457321
Oh. I’m a dope. This is outside 1001 on the boat dock side but it’s the exact same carpet as CCV. So new to the lodge but not brand new.

Also heard from an employee the test rooms aren’t the final product BUT new rooms will have wood flooring and under bed storage.

Noted that it may not be open until the afternoon. Thanks!
It's open from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Planned on taking a photo of the menu when I returned to the lodge this evening but it was already closed.

If you have refillable mugs, hot chocolate is available at Roaring Fork just around the corner.

Last edited:
It's open from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Planned on taking a photo of the menu when I returned to the lodge this evening but it was already closed.

If you have refillable mugs, hot chocolate is available at Roaring Fork just around the corner.
These tips are awesome! We are doing the dining plan for the first time ever and will have mugs :)

Question... we recently came back from a stay at WL in a Nature View room on the 5th floor and were put off by loud banging that came out of pipes when using hot water in the shower. The water pressure would also disappear to a mere trickle for a minute sometimes in the middle of a shower. Its been a number of years since I last stayed here but I do not remember this happening before. Is this normal now for WL? We booked a bounce back offer at French Quarter for next year, instead of coming back to WL, because of this experience. I hope this was just an anomaly, because I do love this resort. Anyone else been experiencing this with the showers?

Question... we recently came back from a stay at WL in a Nature View room on the 5th floor and were put off by loud banging that came out of pipes when using hot water in the shower. The water pressure would also disappear to a mere trickle for a minute sometimes in the middle of a shower. Its been a number of years since I last stayed here but I do not remember this happening before. Is this normal now for WL? We booked a bounce back offer at French Quarter for next year, instead of coming back to WL, because of this experience. I hope this was just an anomaly, because I do love this resort. Anyone else been experiencing this with the showers?
I was at the WL last week. I didn't have any issues with noises in the shower, but did notice several times that the water pressure would vary while bathing. It would change from being forceful to just a trickle and then back to being forceful. Interesting in that I was also on the 5th floor.

I was at the WL last week. I didn't have any issues with noises in the shower, but did notice several times that the water pressure would vary while bathing. It would change from being forceful to just a trickle and then back to being forceful. Interesting in that I was also on the 5th floor.

The banging noise was crazy loud, and it didn't just happen when we used our shower, but we could also hear it from adjoining rooms. Just not something you would expect from a deluxe Disney resort or any Disney resort frankly. Lucky you didnt experience that.

I remember reading something about this upthread but can't find it again. At check in, is it still possible to inquire about paid concierge lounge access at WL? How much is that fee per night generally? And does the lounge open earlier for breakfast on days where the parks are open earlier, or is it a 7am start for breakfast no matter what time MK opens? I've dropped some expensive extras from our plans for next week so I was thinking of asking about this at the check in desk if it is still possible. Thanks!

I remember reading something about this upthread but can't find it again. At check in, is it still possible to inquire about paid concierge lounge access at WL? How much is that fee per night generally? And does the lounge open earlier for breakfast on days where the parks are open earlier, or is it a 7am start for breakfast no matter what time MK opens? I've dropped some expensive extras from our plans for next week so I was thinking of asking about this at the check in desk if it is still possible. Thanks!
I heard that they are offering the CL access for $139 per night and must be booked for every night of your stay.

They lounge opens at 7am but they will put out a basket with some grab and go items, like muffins, and coffee at 6:30am. The lounge doesn't open early when a park opens early.

We were on the 5th floor in a DVC 1 bedroom last friday and saturday night......never noticed any water pressure problems or any strange sounds.

We were in a CCV deciated studio on the 5th floor Dec 16-19. We didn't have water pressure problems but did have water temperature problems. It took a good five minutes to get hot water in the shower, and during the course of a shower the water temperature changed drastically multiple times, including getting quite hot with no warning.

SW

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter