Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a painting crew on the fifth floor this morning. They're doing work in the hallway outside the elevator which started around 8:30am. I'm a very light sleeper and noise wasn't an issue.

Curious, as I haven't seen anyone mention it thus far (and if it has been and I missed it, sorry for asking again)
Has anyone tried to add on CL access since the reno started?

So just reading a page back and see something about renovations. Is this to the regular lodge side rooms? Is it just rooms only or will it affect pools and restaurants too? We are possibly staying in early Sept, so wondering if this will impact our stay.

So just reading a page back and see something about renovations. Is this to the regular lodge side rooms? Is it just rooms only or will it affect pools and restaurants too? We are possibly staying in early Sept, so wondering if this will impact our stay.

The pools and restaurants have been done recently -- over the last few years -- so one would not expect they would be done again so soon.

It should just be the hotel side rooms.

SW

On another site a patron said the actual CL lounge was closed and they were offered beverages in their fridge or moved to a Grand Floridian. Apparently , the standard club level rooms 7 th floor were taken out of the reservation system,but she had a deluxe room on a lower floor for the marathon.

Going to put myself out here and sound like a moron, but just trying to get a gauge on how realistic -- I've never rented DVC points before. I'm looking at a late 2021 or early 2022 trip and I'm interested in a studio at BRV. Would it be unrealistic to be able to get one of these studios at the 11 month mark either through a rental company or a disboards member? I see a lot of remarks about not expecting to get places like BC or BWI studios which were also on my radar, so I'm just wondering if I am being unrealistic about getting one at BRV (or any 5 person studio anywhere) and should start thinking more about plan B (which would be an off-site condo).

I see that BRV may be undergoing refurb soon which I'm guessing may add to further popularity at that point. Thanks for any insight for this newb.

On another site a patron said the actual CL lounge was closed and they were offered beverages in their fridge or moved to a Grand Floridian. Apparently , the standard club level rooms 7 th floor were taken out of the reservation system,but she had a deluxe room on a lower floor for the marathon.
Curious. Wonder if they’ve closed the lounge because the floor is closed. I can’t fathom they’d need to remodel it since it’s less than 5 years old now

Going to put myself out here and sound like a moron, but just trying to get a gauge on how realistic -- I've never rented DVC points before. I'm looking at a late 2021 or early 2022 trip and I'm interested in a studio at BRV. Would it be unrealistic to be able to get one of these studios at the 11 month mark either through a rental company or a disboards member? I see a lot of remarks about not expecting to get places like BC or BWI studios which were also on my radar, so I'm just wondering if I am being unrealistic about getting one at BRV (or any 5 person studio anywhere) and should start thinking more about plan B (which would be an off-site condo).

I see that BRV may be undergoing refurb soon which I'm guessing may add to further popularity at that point. Thanks for any insight for this newb.

I think at 11mo you could get one. I’ve been able to get a BCV and BWV standard studios right at 11mo mark too, but those were through owners directly.

I think at 11mo you could get one. I’ve been able to get a BCV and BWV standard studios right at 11mo mark too, but those were through owners directly.

Thank you. I will keep this plan at the top of my list for now then. Fingers crossed... If we do 2022 I would be looking at February or March so I'm hoping that would be a little less competitive (2021 would be beginning of November which I think would be tougher). I'm looking forward to seeing what the refurb would be like.

Would anyone be able to confirm if the 2 bedroom (dedicated, not LO) Copper Creek and Boulder Ridge villas have only one thermostat or if they happen to have separate controls in the 'studio' side like a LO version would have? Thanks.

Would anyone be able to confirm if the 2 bedroom (dedicated, not LO) Copper Creek and Boulder Ridge villas have only one thermostat or if they happen to have separate controls in the 'studio' side like a LO version would have? Thanks.
Dedicated two bedroom villas usually just have one thermostat.

I can confirm that all of the dedicated 2 bedroom villas that my family has stayed in at Copper Creek have had just one thermostat for the entire unit. We have stayed in 3 of them. I have never stayed at Boulder Ridge.

I can confirm that all of the dedicated 2 bedroom villas that my family has stayed in at Copper Creek have had just one thermostat for the entire unit. We have stayed in 3 of them. I have never stayed at Boulder Ridge.

Thanks, that's what I thought. Guess the family will need to come to some agreement on the temperature....

So no further info on remodel work and if it's closed the lounge or the lounge floor, or both?
I arrive on Saturday this week and am close to switching to a different resort. Normally work doesn't bother me in the slightest but I'm going with a close friend and really don't want to stay in a construction zone for this specific trip. We do Disney differently than when I go with DH and we were adding on CL, which is rather a big deal to her.
I called and was told that there is no construction, which is obviously incorrect. But also means I'm getting no where with the call center.

So no further info on remodel work and if it's closed the lounge or the lounge floor, or both?
I arrive on Saturday this week and am close to switching to a different resort. Normally work doesn't bother me in the slightest but I'm going with a close friend and really don't want to stay in a construction zone for this specific trip. We do Disney differently than when I go with DH and we were adding on CL, which is rather a big deal to her.
I called and was told that there is no construction, which is obviously incorrect. But also means I'm getting no where with the call center.
I would switch too, in your situation @AngiTN. Is there availability somewhere you'd be happy with? I called earlier today as well and was told that there is no construction scheduled. Super frustrating that we can't get a straight, informed answer. I know that Disney can't always predict timelines for refurbs, but I definitely feel like they could do more than they currently are. I've stayed in Disney resorts during refurbishments and it absolutely can impact a guests enjoyment.

Could you maybe email the GM? All the GM email addresses are available now.

I would switch too, in your situation @AngiTN. Is there availability somewhere you'd be happy with? I called earlier today as well and was told that there is no construction scheduled. Super frustrating that we can't get a straight, informed answer. I know that Disney can't always predict timelines for refurbs, but I definitely feel like they could do more than they currently are. I've stayed in Disney resorts during refurbishments and it absolutely can impact a guests enjoyment.
The most ridiculous part is they've started! How can they not know there's construction when it's started! I mean, I realize the call center isn't there but how hard it is to notify them now that it's started?
Could you maybe email the GM? All the GM email addresses are available now.
Good idea

Curious, as I haven't seen anyone mention it thus far (and if it has been and I missed it, sorry for asking again)
Has anyone tried to add on CL access since the reno started?
I would be interested in knowing as well.

Sorry I haven’t heard from anyone directly there. A third site reported they were starting at the 7 th floor moving down to 6 th and old faithful is closed till March 2020. But it wasn’t from someone actually there
How frustrating. I use to have the direct number to club level to ask questions on site. You might be able to google that night me right and call to see if a cast member answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter