Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

thanks for sharing! I wish they had a timeline. I mean 3mo for 1 floor makes it seem like the whole renovation will take a long time…
Yeah it makes me a little nervous. We’re staying at Copper Creek in December but I’m worried we could hear work, or maybe lose amenities if they do work other than rooms.

I got a phone call from someone at WL today.
It went straight to voicemail because I have my phone locked down so tight only calls from people I know get through.
Anyway, the resort did confirm pretty much everything the blogger reported.
It's not the lounge that's being worked on but with the CL floor closed they opted to close the lounge too. He said late February or March.

I got a phone call from someone at WL today.
It went straight to voicemail because I have my phone locked down so tight only calls from people I know get through.
Anyway, the resort did confirm pretty much everything the blogger reported.
It's not the lounge that's being worked on but with the CL floor closed they opted to close the lounge too. He said late February or March.

Happy you got an answer. 😊

Do any of you read Disney Tourist Blog? He talked about the renovations today: View attachment 465609
I do question why he is sure the test rooms are not what they'll do. Seems pretty wasteful to test rooms and then say, just kidding, we aren't doing anything like that after all. I though the new room did look similar to CC. I wouldn't expect WL to be a mirror image of that either. Have they ever done that? Designed resort rooms identical to DVC rooms at any resorts with both?

Yeah it makes me a little nervous. We’re staying at Copper Creek in December but I’m worried we could hear work, or maybe lose amenities if they do work other than rooms.

You won't hear any construction noise from the Copper Creek villas and studios. They are in a separate wing from the resort rooms that are being worked on. The rest of the resort, including the lobby, the elevators, both pools and all the restaurants have recently undergone extensive renovation and refurbishment. You probably won't even notice that room refurbishment work is being done. :)

I do question why he is sure the test rooms are not what they'll do. Seems pretty wasteful to test rooms and then say, just kidding, we aren't doing anything like that after all. I though the new room did look similar to CC. I wouldn't expect WL to be a mirror image of that either. Have they ever done that? Designed resort rooms identical to DVC rooms at any resorts with both?
We had a tour of one of the two honeymoon suites that had been a test rooms. Guests were staying in those rooms, so they were using those rooms. The CM said that they hadn't quite decided what they were going to do with the new rooms. That was back in August.

BC and BCV have similar room designs, or at least they used to. :)

And official notice, not just "we heard" like everywhere else so far. Annoying that it is being kept so quiet. Odd too. Why admit some work is going on in some resorts but pretend it's not in others?
They probably wanted to avoid the panic that I've seen in the past when they announced room refurbishments ahead of time and people were switching resorts and demanding that they don't get charged more for the new resort, even when it was a big upgrade.

And official notice, not just "we heard" like everywhere else so far. Annoying that it is being kept so quiet. Odd too. Why admit some work is going on in some resorts but pretend it's not in others?

I completely agree. The only logical explanation is they don’t want to see mass people trying to switch resorts and cancel their reservations, or do not want to have to lose any money compensating people due to construction. I remember when we stayed club level there the year the CCV DVC construction started... people were really upset about all the work. On top of the rooms being converted, they also closed the quiet pool, as well as adding the kids splash area! I had never seen the main pool so crowded before! However, I do remember it being announced ahead of time, as well as it being on top the booking page in red letters. I guess we’ll see how this one goes.

Last edited:
They probably wanted to avoid the panic that I've seen in the past when they announced room refurbishments ahead of time and people were switching resorts and demanding that they don't get charged more for the new resort, even when it was a big upgrade.
Disney needs to learn that sometimes it's ok to say nope.
I can give them a pass on announcing it in advance but once it's begun, don't deny it's happening. Like they are on the phone currently.

I completely agree. The only logical explanation is they don’t want to see mass people trying to switch resorts and cancel their reservations, or do not want to have to lose any money compensating people due to construction. I remember when we stayed club level there the year the CCV DVC construction started... people were really upset about all the work. On top of the rooms being converted, they also closed the quiet pool, as well as adding the kids splash area! I had never seen the main pool so crowded before! However, I do remember it being announced ahead of time, as well as it being on top the booking page in red letters. I guess we’ll see how this one goes.
This happened in 2018 when AKL was redoing their pool. We had reservations and when they announced the jambo pool closure so many people switched reservations, or called and demanded (an received) upgrades to better resorts, comps, etc. We didn't really care and got a call from Disney giving us a free upgrade for staying through the inconvenience. Pool opened a week before we arrived anyway!

Yes,Tom is great! Sarah is also!

Been getting his email updates for quite sometime!

Finally got to meet the both of them at BWI recently.

Great people!!!
Oh I'd love to meet them, or the WDW Couple! Whenever we go to WDW my daughter gets more excited to possibly see a YouTuber than a princess lol!

Hi all :wave2:

First time staying at Wilderness Lodge in November (we've usually stayed at Beach Club previously).

I have a question about seating areas. Now that the beach is gone, is there anywhere to just sit and relax while looking at the lake? I know the tables at Geyser Point are for people dining only but are there benches in the area around it, on the lake side of Geyser Point, outside their seating area? I'm thinking in this circled area below. Is that just pavement with no benches or anything (as it appears?)

Yacht/Beach Club area had benches along the walkway facing the water and I'm surprised I don't see anything like that at WL (unless I'm missing it).

Taking my older parents and I think they would sometimes like to sit and relax somewhere with a view (outside of the pool areas) and I can't really see anything in any photos.

Thanks!

Hi all :wave2:

First time staying at Wilderness Lodge in November (we've usually stayed at Beach Club previously).

I have a question about seating areas. Now that the beach is gone, is there anywhere to just sit and relax while looking at the lake? I know the tables at Geyser Point are for people dining only but are there benches in the area around it, on the lake side of Geyser Point, outside their seating area? I'm thinking in this circled area below. Is that just pavement with no benches or anything (as it appears?)

Yacht/Beach Club area had benches along the walkway facing the water and I'm surprised I don't see anything like that at WL (unless I'm missing it).

Taking my older parents and I think they would sometimes like to sit and relax somewhere with a view (outside of the pool areas) and I can't really see anything in any photos.

Thanks!

View attachment 465797

Yes there is! There are actually tables/chairs and there’s also a ledge you could sit along. I’ll see if I can find a picture to show you.

Here you go. I do not have one head on, but you can see the ledge here, and if you zoom in to the left you will see the tables/chairs. It’s beautiful and right along the water. They also pump in the music for HEA! Have a great time! (PS - in your picture, the tables and chairs are to the left of your circle)

59E60B84-6ACB-4DFA-A9D1-ADF82CA34088.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes there is! There’s actually table/chairs and there’s also a ledge you could sit along. I’ll see if I can find a picture to show you.

Here you go. I do not have one head on, but you can see the ledge here, and if you zoom in to the left you will see the table/chairs. It’s beautiful and right along the water. They also pump in the music for HEA! Have a great time!

View attachment 465799

Thank You! It seemed like such a wide open space I was wondering why there were no benches or anything.

I saw the tables and chairs near Geyser Point and thought they were part of the seating there (even though they're not under the roof), so I'll be happy if they're actually open to anyone. That seems like a good place to sit.

Thanks again

Yes there is! There are actually tables/chairs and there’s also a ledge you could sit along. I’ll see if I can find a picture to show you.

Here you go. I do not have one head on, but you can see the ledge here, and if you zoom in to the left you will see the tables/chairs. It’s beautiful and right along the water. They also pump in the music for HEA! Have a great time! (PS - in your picture, the tables and chairs are to the left of your circle)

View attachment 465799
This is awesome! I didn't know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter