Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, thanks it' at least good to know we can store our luggage, and go to the pools

When is a good time to do online check in to request an early arrival? 24 hrs prior? 2 days prior? Whats good?
The earlier the better is the saying.

Just a reminder that if you request early arrival & there is a room available when you arrive it may not match any additional requests other than being a room available earlier in the day in that matches your booking category.

Dave

You’d think they’d push to get people in rooms ASAP these day. Less people are in the lobby that way. Guests have their own space they can retire to. Less rooms are being used. Frustrating but not unexpected I guess.
Well checkout is at 11 (11-4 is not a lot of time to clean) with the enhanced cleaning it does take longer on an average day. It also can vary due to the number of checkouts on a given day vs number of guests checking in on that specific day.

Dave

You’d think they’d push to get people in rooms ASAP these day. Less people are in the lobby that way. Guests have their own space they can retire to. Less rooms are being used. Frustrating but not unexpected I guess.
That's exactly what I thought! We ended up having contact with the front desk several times dealing with the luggage, when it just seemed like we could have easily avoided all of it by being sent directly to a room (if one was available, which we simply don't know). I know that 4:00 is the official check-in time and that room cleaning is a much bigger deal now than in the past, but I also know that the resort wasn't full, including in our room category, so it just didn't quite all add up. The first time we had contact, the CM looked up our reservation, said our room wasn't ready, and that was that. No offer to try to find another room that would be ready sooner or anything like that. I also originally thought the wait might be because we had made some room requests (high floor overlooking a pool), but the room we ultimately were given and waited for was ground floor woods view 🤷‍♂️.

We had a great stay and we always knew the room might not be ready immediately, but I totally agree that it didn't seem like a big push was being made to get us into a room any earlier than usual.

I'd like to know too! I'm staying at Copper Creek in early December. This is my first time staying at a DVC resort and had forgotten about the 4;00 PM check-in.
Idk if this helps but we stayed at CCV Studio last December and got the room ready close to 4, if not 4. Did online check in with early arrival marked and no room requests.

Just a reminder that if you request early arrival & there is a room available when you arrive it may not match any additional requests other than being a room available earlier in the day

I also originally thought the wait might be because we had made some room requests (high floor overlooking a pool), but the room we ultimately were given and waited for was ground floor woods view

This is what concerns me. We;ve made a request for a similar type of room, and does doing early check in to have a room ASAP (because we;re going to arrive about noon) likely negate special requests?

FWIW, we checked into a 2BR CCV on Saturday. Room was ready just after 2pm. Like any check-in experience, YMMV.

Checking in next week for a short stay. Is the walk up window at Geyser Point open or just the table service and bar? TIA!

Just a reminder that if you request early arrival & there is a room available when you arrive it may not match any additional requests other than being a room available earlier in the day

I also originally thought the wait might be because we had made some room requests (high floor overlooking a pool), but the room we ultimately were given and waited for was ground floor woods view

This is what concerns me. We;ve made a request for a similar type of room, and does doing early check in to have a room ASAP (because we;re going to arrive about noon) likely negate special requests?

I requested the same thing next week. In looking at the map, it looks like most of the studio's are on the first floor. We're only there for one night so it won't be horrible but I'm hoping for something 2nd floor or higher lol!

Checking in next week for a short stay. Is the walk up window at Geyser Point open or just the table service and bar? TIA!

Both are open, with capacity managed.

I'm not sure Disney has their staffing dialed in quite right to deal with the different ebbs/flows of guests in the current environment. Had drinks at the bar mid-day and there were abundant servers and no people. Later that day the tables they'd seat were full and the line for walk up 15 deep and one bartender serving the entire place. Granted someone could have called out, they're having trouble with people returning, or countless other legitimate reasons, but it wasn't the best experience that evening. (Still love this place though, among the best things Disney has built over the last few years)

YMMV!

It's very confusing to me - since we requested both early check-in and a specific room location, I was a bit baffled to end up with neither one. If we had gotten our ground floor/woods view room early, I would have been happy enough just to have a room right away, and if we had gotten our room at the later time we did, but it had the location we wanted, I also would have been happy thinking that the wait was for a great room. Getting neither was a bit of a letdown. Not a big deal, just a little disappointing.

I honestly thought one time when I did online check-in (not for this trip) there was an option to check a box saying that getting into a room early was more important than any other requests, so they knew whether to prioritize one or the other, but that wasn't an option for us to indicate this time.

Both are open, with capacity managed.

I'm not sure Disney has their staffing dialed in quite right to deal with the different ebbs/flows of guests in the current environment. Had drinks at the bar mid-day and there were abundant servers and no people. Later that day the tables they'd seat were full and the line for walk up 15 deep and one bartender serving the entire place. Granted someone could have called out, they're having trouble with people returning, or countless other legitimate reasons, but it wasn't the best experience that evening. (Still love this place though, among the best things Disney has built over the last few years)

YMMV!

Thanks!

And yes, we love it too. I do wish they took TIW but we still go and enjoy! 🍸🍔

Booked a CCV studio...what is the difference between studios... I get the “walk-in shower“ vs. a combo bath tub/shower but what is an “alternate deluxe studio”?

I requested the same thing next week. In looking at the map, it looks like most of the studio's are on the first floor. We're only there for one night so it won't be horrible but I'm hoping for something 2nd floor or higher lol!
No, studios are on all floors. The connect to one bedroom villas to make lockoff two bedroom villas.

Booked a CCV studio...what is the difference between studios... I get the “walk-in shower“ vs. a combo bath tub/shower but what is an “alternate deluxe studio”?
The alternate studio is an odd shaped studio located where the corners of the building make for an odd shaped villa. It's usually larger than the regular (tub or shower) studios.

FWIW, we checked into a 2BR CCV on Saturday. Room was ready just after 2pm. Like any check-in experience, YMMV.
Definitely will vary. We also checked in to a 2BR Saturday and did not get the room ready text until 4:30. We had arrived at 4 and asked at the front desk and were told it wasn’t ready yet so it wasn’t just a late text. No big deal though! Love the room.

They were converted from the Deluxe rooms and are L shaped rooms, 6 are located on then inside corner of the main building just before the south wing section that runs toward Bay Lake overlooking the courtyard. They are a little larger than the other Deluxe Studios. I think all of the alternate studios have shower / tubs; they do not have the walk-in showers. Alternate studios are not a booking category, however studios with shower / tubs and studios with walk-in showers are separate booking categories.

There are a total of 8 Alternate Deluxe Studios: 6 are located on floors 2-7 stacked (rooms ending in x115). The last 2 Alternate Studios are a dedicated unit on the 1st floor: 1166 a dedicated studio, and 1168 a Lock-off studio. That makes 7 that can be part of a 2BR Lock-off so have a interior connecting door to a 1BR.

Note: 2115 is located next to an exterior door to the courtyard / pool / Roaring Fork. It can be noisy into the evening depending on how many guests find it.

Alternate Studio CCV.jpg
Dave

Pizza Delivery. Does anyone have any suggestions for who's good for delivering a pizza to WL/Boulder Ridge?

Would anyone be able to post a picture of the kitchenette in a Boulder Ridge studio? My main questions is about how big the fridge is? I know it’s small, but I’m curious if it’s bigger than the ones at Caribbean Beach?

This is in a studio at OKW, but all the DVC undercounter refrigerators are similar. However, this one did have a tiny freezer section. The one you get might not have one. So they might be different inside the refrigerator, but the outer dimensions are pretty much standard.
DSC03688.JPG

Is the Wilderness Lodge going to open in 2021? We are currently booked at the BC for a 13-night stay for next August, and we are looking to split our stay at the BC with another hotel. We haven’t stayed at the WL for several years and are thinking of staying here next year if it’s open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter