Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Wilderness Lodge going to open in 2021? We are currently booked at the BC for a 13-night stay for next August, and we are looking to split our stay at the BC with another hotel. We haven’t stayed at the WL for several years and are thinking of staying here next year if it’s open.
Right now, no one really knows. Disney is saying that only the DVC sections of the resort will be open through 2021. It will depend on the overall occupancy at the Disney resorts as to when the closed resorts will open.

You could reserve a studio or one bedroom villa at Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge.

Right now, no one really knows. Disney is saying that only the DVC sections of the resort will be open through 2021. It will depend on the overall occupancy at the Disney resorts as to when the closed resorts will open.

You could reserve a studio or one bedroom villa at Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge.

Thank you!

Can I book a DVC room directly with Disney? We’ve rented twice before and we were booked on rented points to stay at the Poly this August. We were able to cancel and receive a refund - thanks to a very kind renter - but we don’t feel comfortable renting points again.

Thank you!

Can I book a DVC room directly with Disney? We’ve rented twice before and we were booked on rented points to stay at the Poly this August. We were able to cancel and receive a refund - thanks to a very kind renter - but we don’t feel comfortable renting points again.
Sure, you can rent a DVC villa on the Disney website if one is available. Just not before 11 months out.

I've poked around in this thread and others and haven't seen an answer to this specific question, but please feel free to shout me down if it's been answered already.

I have a reservation for Thanksgiving week in the normal WL hotel (courtyard view). This is a replacement for a March reservation I had in the Boulder Ridge section of the resort. If I haven't gotten a specific email and MyDisney is still showing me as reserved at WL, should I still be worried about my resort getting changed?

I've poked around in this thread and others and haven't seen an answer to this specific question, but please feel free to shout me down if it's been answered already.

I have a reservation for Thanksgiving week in the normal WL hotel (courtyard view). This is a replacement for a March reservation I had in the Boulder Ridge section of the resort. If I haven't gotten a specific email and MyDisney is still showing me as reserved at WL, should I still be worried about my resort getting changed?
Unfortunately I would think so since the hotel is listed as closed. Deluxe villas at CCV and BRV are open.

Unfortunately I would think so since the hotel is listed as closed. Deluxe villas at CCV and BRV are open.
That's my worry, but I've seen a lot of other people getting their reservations changed already. I'm pretty sure I'll still go even if I get moved out of WL, but I really was looking forward to seeing it for the first time.

I had a courtyard view at the WL booked for the first week of December. I was changed over to the Polynesian towards the end of June. After searching many times per day, I was finally able to find a studio at Copper Creek.

Just got moved from Poly to BR. Anyone know if the Trout Pass pool bar is open? We go in less than 3 weeks!
It's not there anymore. During the last rehab, that location was changed to a hair salon/spa. There is now the Geyser Point Bar and Grill which is located near the Boulder Ridge villas' pool. Refer to the WL map on page 1 of this thread, post #2, for its location.

Last edited:
Question - I can't figure this out on my own although there IS a lot of great info in the thread -
I have a reservation for a 1 bedroom CCV side - if I requested a room on the first floor - 1133 for example - would that mean I do not have to take an elevator if leaving the lobby? Can we just walk right to our room?

Thanks!

Question - I can't figure this out on my own although there IS a lot of great info in the thread -
I have a reservation for a 1 bedroom CCV side - if I requested a room on the first floor - 1133 for example - would that mean I do not have to take an elevator if leaving the lobby? Can we just walk right to our room?

Thanks!

The lobby is on the second floor of the building. Staying inside the buiding, to get from the lobby to the first floor CCV rooms you would take the elevator [or emergency stairwell].

Aso, per the various floorplan maps, I don't think 1133 exists. Almost all of the first floor is studios. See this post for the map of CCV room locations: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...bins-information-thread.3372315/post-52944246

SW

Thanks!
Just to add to what @Starwind posted above, there are only two 1 BR villas on the 1st floor so your odds of getting one if them is slim. The 2nd floor is much longer and has seven 1 BR villas to choose from, a mix of dedicated and lock-off units. There is a 2133 which is a 1 BR villa near the end of the wing and the Grand villa on the 2nd floor.

The benefit of the 1st floor is that you can walk out to the pool area and each room has a patio. There are 2 elevators on the wing side that service the 1st - 7th floor.

Note: Touring Plans map shows the incorrect layout for the 1st floor which may be where you found a 1 BR villa at 1133. This room does not exist due to the floor configuration.

Dave

Just to add to what @Starwind posted above, there are only two 1 BR villas on the 1st floor so your odds of getting one if them is slim. The 2nd floor is much longer and has seven 1 BR villas to choose from, a mix of dedicated and lock-off units. There is a 2133 which is a 1 BR villa near the end of the wing and the Grand villa on the 2nd floor.

The benefit of the 1st floor is that you can walk out to the pool area and each room has a patio. There are 2 elevators on the wing side that service the 1st - 7th floor.

Note: Touring Plans map shows the incorrect layout for the 1st floor which may be where you found a 1 BR villa at 1133. This room does not exist due to the floor configuration.

Dave

Thank you for that clarification - that's exactly where I got the room number. I just wanted to be close to the lobby/pool and I'm not sure how many elevator banks exist - with a mind of social distancing i didn't want to wait for an excessive amount of time for an elevator. But also I am so tired of being in my house that if this vacation actually happens I don't care if they put me on the roof - I will be thrilled.

I just wanted to be close to the lobby/pool and I'm not sure how many elevator banks exist - with a mind of social distancing i didn't want to wait for an excessive amount of time for an elevator.
You can't be both close to the lobby & the pool but the hallways at the WL are not very long compared to many other Deluxe resorts.

There are 3 main elevators in lobby area, 2 in the north wing (hotel rooms) as I highlighted in "ORANGE", and 2 in the South wing (CCV units) as I highlighted in "GREEN" in the picture below.

WL - CCV room map.jpg

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter