Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I was told by a CM that the main elevators will be available to all once they're done with the DVC construction and there will be a separate gate on the 7th floor for CL access.
Thanks for posting the pictures. It looks like the 7th floor window to Bay Lake will remain accessible to club level guests only, which will be nice for them.

It looks like the former Honeymoon Suites on the south side of the lobby will be used for DVC. I wonder what they plan to do with those rooms?

Last edited:
I do have a concern about the monorail, polyrob and erinsmommy on the Halloween thread have mentioned it breaking down often. If this is true how should Bob and I plan for this? We would rather be early then late so would planning for an hour be sufficient or should we plan for an hour and a half, would this give us enough time to use the bus or boats?

Thank you.

I do have a concern about the monorail, polyrob and erinsmommy on the Halloween thread have mentioned it breaking down often. If this is true how should Bob and I plan for this? We would rather be early then late so would planning for an hour be sufficient or should we plan for an hour and a half, would this give us enough time to use the bus or boats?

Thank you.

Where are you looking to get to and from with the monorail? It doesn't go to Wilderness Lodge.

Thank you.
Most people wouldn't use the monorail when staying at the WL and BRV, You can get to the monorail by taking a boat to the Contemporary, if you want to use the monorail. But it isn't faster than a boat or a bus.

There are two forms of transportation for the WL, boat to MK, CR and Fort Wilderness (two separate boat routes) and buses everywhere else, including MK. :)

If you are trying to get to the MK then both a bus or boat will get you there. The boat ride is about 14 minutes long. The boats run approximately 20 minutes apart, beginning 1/2 hour before park opening and running until one hour after park close. The bus to MK takes five minutes and runs throughout the day. It comes frequently but I don't know if there is a schedule for it.

Where are you looking to get to and from with the monorail? It doesn't go to Wilderness Lodge.

Most people wouldn't use the monorail when staying at the WL and BRV, You can get to the monorail by taking a boat to the Contemporary, if you want to use the monorail. But it isn't faster than a boat or a bus.

There are two forms of transportation for the WL, boat to MK, CR and Fort Wilderness (two separate boat routes) and buses everywhere else, including MK. :)

If you are trying to get to the MK then both a bus or boat will get you there. The boat ride is about 14 minutes long. The boats run approximately 20 minutes apart, beginning 1/2 hour before park opening and running until one hour after park close. The bus to MK takes five minutes and runs throughout the day. It comes frequently but I don't know if there is a schedule for it.

I should have mentioned Bob and I are planning to see the other resorts using the monorail then having dinner with our family at Grand Floridian.

When were the 1 bedroom villas last refurbished?
I think that they were refurbished in 2014.

I should have mentioned Bob and I are planning to see the other resorts using the monorail then having dinner with our family at Grand Floridian.
Then I would give myself about 1/2 hour to get to the Contemporary, although it could be as little as five minutes if you happen to catch a boat that is headed that way. There are two resort boats. One goes from WL to FW first, then to the Contemporary. The other goes to the Contemporary first, then FW. They run about 20 minutes apart.

From the looks of a previous map (pg 326 I think), there are no longer the Presidential and Vice Presidential suites?

I think that they were refurbished in 2014.

Then I would give myself about 1/2 hour to get to the Contemporary, although it could be as little as five minutes if you happen to catch a boat that is headed that way. There are two resort boats. One goes from WL to FW first, then to the Contemporary. The other goes to the Contemporary first, then FW. They run about 20 minutes apart.

Thank you! I appreciate your help and quick response.

From the looks of a previous map (pg 326 I think), there are no longer the Presidential and Vice Presidential suites?
The Vice Presidential suite is still in place on the 7th floor in the 7037 room location, extending toward where 7042 would be. I have not heard if it has once again been made available for booking. It was the temporary home of the Club Level lounge before it moved to overlooking the lobby (in the x081 - x091 area) since there are not 7th floor rooms in that area, which I should probably note on the map.

The Presidential Suite was in the South wing and has likely been converted into villas.

ETA- I have updated the map image and text here to make it a little clearer, thanks.

Last edited:
The Vice Presidential suite is still in place on the 7th floor in the 7037 room location, extending toward where 7042 would be. I have not heard if it has once again been made available for booking. It was the temporary home of the Club Level lounge before it moved to overlooking the lobby (in the x081 - x091 area) since there are not 7th floor rooms in that area, which I should probably note on the map.

The Presidential Suite was in the South wing and has likely been converted into villas.

ETA- I have updated the map image and text here to make it a little clearer, thanks.

Are you talking about the Yosemite Suite? If so, it is available for booking. When we were there a few weeks ago, there were room service dishes left outside the room one day, indicating that people were staying there.

If that's not what you're talking about, please disregard. :)

We've booked a studio at BRV. We are a family of five. What are the chances of being upgraded? Concerned about room size and proximity to lodge.

Are you talking about the Yosemite Suite? If so, it is available for booking. When we were there a few weeks ago, there were room service dishes left outside the room one day, indicating that people were staying there.

If that's not what you're talking about, please disregard. :)

Yep, that's it, thanks. I figured it was probably back available since they didn't do much to it to make it the lounge. The map now mentions its existence on the 7th floor. :goodvibes

We've booked a studio at BRV. We are a family of five. What are the chances of being upgraded? Concerned about room size and proximity to lodge.
At Disney anything is possible, but since you booked a BRV studio that's probably what you will end up with. That's ok though since everything at WL is under one roof and none of the potential walks are really that far. Views don't vary a whole lot for the BRV building, but you might be able to see Bay Lake or the Woods surrounding the lodge. At 356 sq ft the studios are still a little bigger than a regular room at WL. Five may be tight, but plenty of people have done it. Have a great trip.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the pictures. It looks like the 7th floor window to Bay Lake will remain accessible to club level guests only, which will be nice for them.

It looks like the former Honeymoon Suites on the south side of the lobby will be used for DVC. I wonder what they plan to do with those rooms?

That gate is to keep DVC out of the Club Level right?

We booked a studio at VWL 2 years ago for Mardi Gras and received awesome pixie dust and were upgraded to a 2B villa when we checked in

Great for a family of 5

We paid cash and didn't use our DVC points that year and there didn't seem to be many people at WL that trip.

No idea why we were upgraded but happy when it happened

So incredibly excited to be returning again to my favorite resort!! We'll be back 8/7-8/12, our first club level stay, and also the first time for our 2 DS's staying at WL as our previous visits were just DH and I. Can't wait for them to experience the Lodge!!!

Definitely don't count on it! You need to be prepared to get what you actually booked. You'll hear stories of people getting upgraded anywhere, but that's actually EXTREMELY rare, considering the number of people who stay at the resorts each year.

Also I was told by a CM that the main elevators will be available to all once they're done with the DVC construction and there will be a separate gate on the 7th floor for CL access.

9906E168-AF05-4AE5-80B7-F422FC437D10_zpssurcausz.jpg

5C8E9F08-BBC7-4923-A4A2-CD661C0E5108_zpsj4ocmb1d.jpg

The gate kinda reminds me of the one they used to keep the lower classes from the upper class on Titanic!:rotfl2:

Is there a good place in the boulder ridge studios to hang up a christmas stocking (or six?)
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!