Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have info on the hot tubs in the cabins? (I'm guessing I really need to wait another 6 weeks to get my answer)

That gate is to keep DVC out of the Club Level right?
Pretty Much anyone not staying CL ... the main elevators will once again be available to everyone ... I assume they will remove the 7th floor access restrictions from them.

Here's an updated bookable views map, based on reports that Woods View is back for phone reservations and those outside of the US. Keep in mind that for the remainder of 2017 the lack of "Woods View" as a category does not mean that those rooms are not in use, as they may be used for Standard View reservations.

WL_Bookable_Views_CCV_20170530.jpg

Dumb question--but those boxes just above room 035--with the Xs in them--those are the elevators? If not, where are the elevators? Thank you!

We will be arriving the week of July 17. We plan to make it to rope drop in the parks. Can you please give me an estimate of how much time to allow for travel to the various parks? We plan to use the boat for MK and the busses for the other parks. Thank you

We will be arriving the week of July 17. We plan to make it to rope drop in the parks. Can you please give me an estimate of how much time to allow for travel to the various parks? We plan to use the boat for MK and the busses for the other parks. Thank you
The boat to MK starts running 1/2 hour before park open. The boat ride is 12-15 minutes long. The bus ride is about 5 minutes but you have to wait for it to arrive and load.

I would yourself at least 40 minutes to get to all the parks. The bus rides aren't too long - about 20 minutes each, except MK, but you might have to wait awhile for a bus to arrive.

For rope drop, the bus works better for MK. It's only a 5 minute ride.
The bus ride to AK is the longest and about 20 minutes. Epcot and HS are about 15 minutes. Make sure to give yourself extra time, though, since you could wait 10-20 minutes for a bus.

The view of MK was pretty amazing but we ended up moving across the hall. So nice and quiet in the morning ... I really do prefer the courtyard view for that reason.

8D6BBCC3-2279-4572-A1D9-43473ED8C7E7_zpsephcdnnd.jpg

What was the room number with this view. It is amazing.

Hi all,
All booked up for next May. We have a bunk bed room courtyard view , any suggestions on floor or room number. Looking for fairly quiet and convenient location where the kids ( age 6 and 11) will be able to go on there own for drink refills and pin trading etc. without getting to lost from the room :-)

Hi all,
All booked up for next May. We have a bunk bed room courtyard view , any suggestions on floor or room number. Looking for fairly quiet and convenient location where the kids ( age 6 and 11) will be able to go on there own for drink refills and pin trading etc. without getting to lost from the room :-)

Congratulations! With that reservation, you'll be on the South side of the North wing, overlooking the main pool courtyard area. Your location choices are how far down the wing and what floor to be on. We prefer a high floor for less pool noise and better views. Our choice would also be to have a room nearer the lobby (West end of the wing) in hopes that we would get one of the few courtyard view rooms that open to the lobby. (These are referred to as "Bear Face" rooms because when you look at the building from Bay Lake they make up what looks like the face of a bear.) You may hear some lobby noise from these rooms though, so some prefer a quieter location further down the wing. As for drink refill access, Roaring Fork, the resort's main QS location, is on the 1st floor right next to the elevators that are in the middle of the North wing. The other major preference consideration is whether you'll have an enclosed or open balcony. The rooms on the top floor of any section of the resort have enclosed "dormer" balconies that are recessed into the roofline of the resort. They feel secure, but it can be hard for kids to see out over the solid railing. Many people prefer to be on the 5th floor or below to guarantee an open balcony.

Overall the resort is fairly simple, especially since the South Wing is now all villas. You really can't get a bad room location, so have a great trip.

We have a stay starting Friday (WOOT! WOOT!) and I just got a call from the WL. I was in a meeting so I didn't take it, but they left a VM, wanting to know if I have any questions or concerns about my upcoming stay. I think this is our 7th or 8th time staying at the Lodge, we've had about 10 trips to Disney total, and I've never gotten a call before. Is this something new?

We have a stay starting Friday (WOOT! WOOT!) and I just got a call from the WL. I was in a meeting so I didn't take it, but they left a VM, wanting to know if I have any questions or concerns about my upcoming stay. I think this is our 7th or 8th time staying at the Lodge, we've had about 10 trips to Disney total, and I've never gotten a call before. Is this something new?
I got this type of a call in March because of the construction and RF closure. The person inquired if I had any specific concerns or questions due to what was going on.

Congratulations! With that reservation, you'll be on the South side of the North wing, overlooking the main pool courtyard area. Your location choices are how far down the wing and what floor to be on. We prefer a high floor for less pool noise and better views. Our choice would also be to have a room nearer the lobby (West end of the wing) in hopes that we would get one of the few courtyard view rooms that open to the lobby. (These are referred to as "Bear Face" rooms because when you look at the building from Bay Lake they make up what looks like the face of a bear.) You may hear some lobby noise from these rooms though, so some prefer a quieter location further down the wing. As for drink refill access, Roaring Fork, the resort's main QS location, is on the 1st floor right next to the elevators that are in the middle of the North wing. The other major preference consideration is whether you'll have an enclosed or open balcony. The rooms on the top floor of any section of the resort have enclosed "dormer" balconies that are recessed into the roofline of the resort. They feel secure, but it can be hard for kids to see out over the solid railing. Many people prefer to be on the 5th floor or below to guarantee an open balcony.

Overall the resort is fairly simple, especially since the South Wing is now all villas. You really can't get a bad room location, so have a great trip.

Thank you for mentioning that! I am also booked for a courtyard bunkbed room, but my trip is in two months and I just did online check in yesterday. I chose "highest floor" as one of my requests--but I do not want a "dormer" balcony. I hope if I change it now to just "higher floor" we won't get one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter