Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from our split stay which included Boulder Ridge, some bullet points...

Because BR doesn't have a check in desk, DVC guests check in at the main lobby. This at least gave the lobby some semblance of life, unlike other lobbies like Jambo House, GF, or BWI lobbies which seemed dead & deserted.

We were given a 2br villa in place of our original booking at BWI deluxe CL. That 2br villa was nice for our family of 6.. They're a little quirky in how they're laid out, but OK.

We got a high floor lake view (had to wait 2 extra hours for it) but YEA... great view.

Gift shop was open and well stocked. Food is pricey... I recommend Instacart + Publix which worked well.

Both pools open... decent crowds. We spent more time in the BR pool. WL pool closes at 9pm, BR at 11pm.

The boat is running from the dock to MK, no problem.

Also... it's no problem to visit other resorts during the day... no MB checks... just the usual security & Covid precautions. We got Dole Whips at the Poly.

Overall, WDW is doing things very well for Covid.... masks, sanitizer, distancing markers, temp checks, barriers on buses & monorail, CM's reminding people to put their masks back on. Unlike what the news is saying about the rest of FL, WDW seems to be doing things right.. we felt very safe there.

Never thought that we would be staying at a deluxe anytime soon...but my boyfriend and I will be staying at Boulder Ridge late August!

We’re college students on a budget and were originally booked at Pop Century. I was bored during a break for work one day and was looking through the dedicated reservations on the David’s DVC rental site. Lo and behold, there was a confirmed reservation for our exact dates for $12 more total than Pop! The price per point was reduced to $9 a point, so for a studio we’re paying less than $600 for four nights.

We’ll be here for our one year anniversary so I am beyond thrilled to have scored such a great deal. We’re taking a resort day in the middle of the trip and I think this seems like one of the best places to do so. Can’t wait to be relaxing at Geyser Point...so excited!!!

What's the fastest way to get to Poly? We probably won't have an ADR--thinking of getting dole whip and walking around the resort. I'm thinking taking a boat to MK, then monorail to Poly so we could (hopefully) going through security on the way there like you need to at Contemporary.

What's the fastest way to get to Poly? We probably won't have an ADR--thinking of getting dole whip and walking around the resort. I'm thinking taking a boat to MK, then monorail to Poly so we could (hopefully) going through security on the way there like you need to at Contemporary.
Yep, boat or bus to MK, then monorail to Polynesian unless the ferry is running.

You could take the boat to CR and then the monorail to Poly. Just make sure that the next stop for the resort boat is CR and not FW. If the resort boat is coming from FW then it will go to CR next. If the resort boat is coming from CR then it will head to FW next. You could take the MK boat and then take the boat to Poly. The two boat docks are close together.

After many reschedules of our March trip we are scheduled to be at CCV in mid-August. We are planning a resort only trip and originally planned BCVs but with Stormalong Bay closed we moved to VGF, but with NBA there and access to only one pool we decided perhaps CCV or BRV would be a better choice. We are really curious about the pool crowds. For anyone there, how crowded have the pools been?

Just got back from our split stay which included Boulder Ridge, some bullet points...

Because BR doesn't have a check in desk, DVC guests check in at the main lobby. This at least gave the lobby some semblance of life, unlike other lobbies like Jambo House, GF, or BWI lobbies which seemed dead & deserted.

We were given a 2br villa in place of our original booking at BWI deluxe CL. That 2br villa was nice for our family of 6.. They're a little quirky in how they're laid out, but OK.

We got a high floor lake view (had to wait 2 extra hours for it) but YEA... great view.

Gift shop was open and well stocked. Food is pricey... I recommend Instacart + Publix which worked well.

Both pools open... decent crowds. We spent more time in the BR pool. WL pool closes at 9pm, BR at 11pm.

The boat is running from the dock to MK, no problem.

Also... it's no problem to visit other resorts during the day... no MB checks... just the usual security & Covid precautions. We got Dole Whips at the Poly.

Overall, WDW is doing things very well for Covid.... masks, sanitizer, distancing markers, temp checks, barriers on buses & monorail, CM's reminding people to put their masks back on. Unlike what the news is saying about the rest of FL, WDW seems to be doing things right.. we felt very safe there.

can you enter Roaring Fork to place orders? Do they still have bakery cases?

can you enter Roaring Fork to place orders? Do they still have bakery cases?
This is from 2 weeks ago....

Yes, there was still someone inside to take orders but there were always a couple of cast members there to greet you at the entrance try to keep the social distancing guidelines in place and not let the inside of RF get too crowded. Also saw a handful of bakery items but I only glanced at them so I don't remember exactly what was available.

Once you order, in person or via mobile, they'll have you wait back in the long hallway just outside and once your order is ready they'll direct you to a number on the floor where they'll hand you everything. The most people I saw waiting around was maybe 4-6 people and it's easy to keep your distance in the hallway. There are 2 tables if you want to eat inside otherwise everyone took their food to go or ate at the tables right outside.

After many reschedules of our March trip we are scheduled to be at CCV in mid-August. We are planning a resort only trip and originally planned BCVs but with Stormalong Bay closed we moved to VGF, but with NBA there and access to only one pool we decided perhaps CCV or BRV would be a better choice. We are really curious about the pool crowds. For anyone there, how crowded have the pools been?
We just got back earlier this week from an 11 night stay- pools were well attended but not crowded. Never saw a time where they were shut down to new guests due to crowding. Never had an issue getting a chair by the pool any time we went.

Thank you for that clarification - that's exactly where I got the room number. I just wanted to be close to the lobby/pool and I'm not sure how many elevator banks exist - with a mind of social distancing i didn't want to wait for an excessive amount of time for an elevator. But also I am so tired of being in my house that if this vacation actually happens I don't care if they put me on the roof - I will be thrilled.
Just had a long stay here, I can only think of one or two times where we weren’t the only ones waiting on an elevator. And even then it was usually another party getting on and we’d wait for them to go then hit the button and another elevator was there almost immediately.

I’m guessing this has been asked many times before but cannot find!
We can’t decide between a 2 bed villa at BRV or CCVs. Anyone been to both and have a preference? Any pros and cons would be greatly appreciated!

We can’t decide between a 2 bed villa at BRV or CCVs. Anyone been to both and have a preference? Any pros and cons would be greatly appreciated!
Never stayed at either one but I believe that the rooms/villas at Copper Creek are newer than Boulder Ridge. Boulder Ridge was scheduled for a complete refurbishment this year, I'm guessing that has been delayed. Also the Copper Creek rooms/villas are in the main WL building if that make a difference to you.

The villas at Boulder Ridge are slightly larger than Copper Creek.

BRV two bedroom will be about 30 sf larger.
CCV dedicated two bedroom villa
CCV ROOM_TYPE_14-17-18-Dedicated-two-bedroom-16x9.jpg

CCV lockoff two bedroom villa
CCV Two-bedroom-lock-off_16x9.jpg
BRV Dedicated two bedroom villa
BRV dedicated Two Bedroom villa.png
BRV Lockoff two bedroom villa
bRV Lockoff two bedroom.png
Big difference will be the living room and kitchen. CCV has a galley style kitchen. BRV has a square kitchen. BRV has a round table with a bench and chairs. CCV will have a counter with chairs. BRV lockoff will also have the murphy bed under the television in the second bedroom. CCV are renovated hotel rooms, so they have a long balcony. BRV was built as DVC from the beginning so the balconies are smaller.

Last edited:
Never stayed at either one but I believe that the rooms/villas at Copper Creek are newer than Boulder Ridge. Boulder Ridge was scheduled for a complete refurbishment this year, I'm guessing that has been delayed. Also the Copper Creek rooms/villas are in the main WL building if that make a difference to you.

The villas at Boulder Ridge are slightly larger than Copper Creek.

Thank you for your advice! I do prefer the look and feel of the newer CCVs, but just sure if the smaller size is significant. We are a family of 6 adults and one 3 year old.

BRV two bedroom will be about 30 sf larger.
CCV dedicated two bedroom villa
View attachment 515472

CCV lockoff two bedroom villa
View attachment 515467
BRV Dedicated two bedroom villa
View attachment 515468
BRV Lockoff two bedroom villa
View attachment 515470
Big difference will be the living room and kitchen. CCV has a galley style kitchen. BRV has a square kitchen. BRV has a round table with a bench and chairs. CCV will have a counter with chairs. BRV lockoff will also have the murphy bed under the television in the second bedroom. CCV are renovated hotel rooms, so they have a long balcony. BRV was built as DVC from the beginning so the balconies are smaller.

Thank you so much, this is so helpful.
Do you know if you can request a dedicated 2 bed or do you have to take your chances? We are a family of 6 adults and one child so the dedicated ones suit us better.

What activities or amenities are open at WL? Any activities for the kids to do? Are the community rooms open and offering crafts or other projects? Do any of the sit down restaurants offer takeout due to covid?

We are debating a stay at a Copper Creek Cabin for a change of scenery and to spend down some DVC points. There are 4 of us (2 adults, an 11yo and 4yo) We might skip the parks entirely this trip, so the extra space of the cabin is appealing. Our kids love the bead activities at Animal Kingdom Lodge, the crafts they used to have at Ft Wilderness & Community rooms, Jr Ranger badges we've done at National Parks, etc.

Would we be able to find enough things to keep us busy for week or will we go stir crazy?

Question
Going to Whispering Canyon this evening for
dinner . Are the gift shops open at the lodge?
Also for my Uber it ok to just enter Wilderness Lodge or do I need to enter Whispering Canyon?

There is only one store / gift shop at the WL the Mercantile. The WC is inside the main WL building. Just have your Uber / Lyft drop you off at the front doors to the lodge.

ETA: The hours for the Mercantile are currently 9 AM - 9 PM phone (407) 939-5277.

Dave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!