Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We got to the YC today much later than anticipated due to weather, but we are here now and having a great time thus far.

My first stop was for this:
milkshake smores (2).jpg
S’Mores Shake – Amarula Cream and Crème de Cacao Brown Liqueurs topped with Marshmallows, Chocolate Sauce, and Graham Crackers – $12.00

This was delicious but very rich and sweet, I am glad I split it with my husband. I didn't get too much s'mores to be honest, mostly because there was so little graham cracker. The chocolate sauce was by far the most forward flavor, but you could also taste the liqueurs and marshmallow, which I enjoyed. If you do not like the taste of alcohol, I don't recommend this, because although it didn't taste overwhelmingly alcoholic to me, the flavor was still certainly present, which I prefer in an alcoholic shake.

I have a full day tomorrow with nothing planned until 5pm, so the rest of that list is mine.

We spent about an hour at SAB, we had no problem finding 2 loungers, and I didn't think it felt too busy at all, although my husband said that the slide had a bit of a wait. There were certainly people, but there was still a lot of room to move throughout the different sections of the pool.

We have a garden view room on the 4th floor. It is OK, not my favorite location. We are very close to the main elevators which I don't like. We have a double queen with walk in shower and pull out couch. I will say that whoever cleaned this room was not doing his/her best work. The floors are dirty around the furniture and the shower wasn't actually clean at all, which I didn't realize until I was just in there trying to feel like a human again after a day walking around in this heat.

We did DHS today, we enjoyed the alien ride, will ride SDD on Tuesday. We did the Star Wars dessert party which we both really enjoyed, and was the reason that I only had one alcoholic drink from B&C today.

We got to the YC today much later than anticipated due to weather, but we are here now and having a great time thus far.

We have a double queen with walk in shower and pull out couch. I will say that whoever cleaned this room was not doing his/her best work. The floors are dirty around the furniture and the shower wasn't actually clean at all, which I didn't realize until I was just in there trying to feel like a human again after a day walking around in this heat.

I recently found the floors to be in similar condition. Not only was there dust/dirt build-up around the furniture, but it was not clean under the beds, either. I noticed small debris, such as a very small label from clothing, as well as what looked like food crumbs, on the floor. If that was not picked up during the cleaning, it was obvious that additional dust/dirt were probably not cleaned up either.

For those who like to store their luggage/belongings under the YC beds, I recommend first looking under the bed for the condition of the floor.

I don't believe that the bare floors are being vacuumed to pull up the dust and dirt, but, rather, just being mopped, with the dust mostly being pushed around. Also, mopping will not get rid of dust and debris next to furniture, but just push it up against the face of the furniture, resulting in build-up.

Last edited:
I recently found the floors to be in similar condition. Not only was there dust/dirt build-up around the furniture, but it was not clean under the beds, either. I noticed small debris, such as a very small label from clothing, on the floor. If that was not picked up during the cleaning, it was obvious that dust/dirt were probably not cleaned up either.

For those who like to store their luggage/belongings under the YC beds, I recommend first looking under the bed for the condition of the floor.

I don't believe that the bare floors are being vacuumed to pull up the dust and dirt, but, rather, just being mopped, with the dust mostly being pushed around. Also, mopping will not get rid of dust and debris next to furniture, but just push it up against the face of the furniture, resulting in build-up.
They’re having this issue with the floors in the new pop rooms too.

Slept in today and got to SAB just before 11am. Was able to find two loungers in the shade and went off to start on the floats.

float.jpg
Stout Float – Guinness Stout with Chocolate Sauce and Vanilla Ice Cream – $12.00

I enjoyed this. If you are a Guinness purest, or hate Guinness, you likely will not enjoy this as it is certainly a very beer forward drink but is obviously not a classic pint of Guinness. They started by filling the glass 3/4 full with Guinness, then put in a large scoop of vanilla ice cream and topped with chocolate sauce, and they give you the rest of the can of Guinness. I recommend a spoon to eat this so that you can get all of the flavors together, as personally I found my first sip very odd, as Guinness should not be consumed through a straw.

mint float.jpg
Grasshopper Float – Guinness Stout with Mint Chocolate-Chip Ice Cream – $12.00

This one was very conflicting, and it looks horrible in the cup to be honest. I really don't think that the mint goes all that well with the Guinness, but the chocolate chunks that are in the ice cream go very well with it, so overall it is kind of an odd experience. Again, I recommend a spoon to eat this.

Overall my favorite has been the s'mores milkshake followed by the stout float. If they had a Guinness float with chocolate chip ice cream, or even chocolate chip cookie dough, I think that would be the best as the chocolate in the mint-chip is great, but the mint really didn't work with the beer at all.

Sitting in the room now since they had to close down SAB due to lightening.

I stayed in a refurbished room at CSR in December and my feet were black when I got in my bed! Grossed me out considering I had just showered. It was all the dust/dirt from the floor that got on my feet. Seems like Disney needs to figure out how to clean these floors better.

I only stayed one night in a refurbished YC room and I wore flip flops from my CSR lesson. I have a longer stay coming in December and hope the floors are clean :D

Slept in today and got to SAB just before 11am. Was able to find two loungers in the shade and went off to start on the floats.

View attachment 337335
Stout Float – Guinness Stout with Chocolate Sauce and Vanilla Ice Cream – $12.00

I enjoyed this. If you are a Guinness purest, or hate Guinness, you likely will not enjoy this as it is certainly a very beer forward drink but is obviously not a classic pint of Guinness. They started by filling the glass 3/4 full with Guinness, then put in a large scoop of vanilla ice cream and topped with chocolate sauce, and they give you the rest of the can of Guinness. I recommend a spoon to eat this so that you can get all of the flavors together, as personally I found my first sip very odd, as Guinness should not be consumed through a straw.

View attachment 337337

This one was very conflicting, and it looks horrible in the cup to be honest. I really don't think that the mint goes all that well with the Guinness, but the chocolate chunks that are in the ice cream go very well with it, so overall it is kind of an odd experience. Again, I recommend a spoon to eat this.

Overall my favorite has been the s'mores milkshake followed by the stout float. If they had a Guinness float with chocolate chip ice cream, or even chocolate chip cookie dough, I think that would be the best as the chocolate in the mint-chip is great, but the mint really didn't work with the beer at all.

Thank you so much for the thorough reviews of the Beaches & Cream adult floats! Hope you are enjoying the drinks as much as I am enjoying hearing about them.

Cheers!

:drinking1

View attachment 337335

View attachment 337337

I've always wanted to try a Tropical Sunrise Float, but always opt for a sundae after my meal. I have to get one next time! I love that they added them to-go.

We just spent a week at the BC (LOVED our deluxe room #1557) and everything about our stay was amazing EXCEPT our housekeeping. We had to literally ask for everything we needed: more coffee for the Nespresso machine, more toiletries when they ran out, more towels, etc. Some days they forgot to give us a bath mat. Other days, we would get bath towels but no hand towels or washcloths. We got turn down service 5 out of 7 nights. The room was never vacuumed....Our housekeeper didn't even HAVE a vacuum with her cart! Usually, our dirty coffee mugs were not replaced, so we would have to wash them ourselves, etc. Just really bad service all around. We had three different housekeepers. Only one did a great job, but we only had her one day. :(

We had no issues with "room checks." One day my husband stayed in the room all day because he didn't feel well and he did get a security check that day. The room occupied sign was up, and it had been all day up to that point. We did not have any disturbances at any other times, though.

We went to SAB every day around 11 or 12 and found it delightfully uncrowded. There were always tons of available loungers and never more than a few people in line for the slide.

I initially was upset with a ground floor room assignment, but it ended up being great. I loved being able to walk out the sliding door and be at the quiet pool and laundry room instantly. We sent the kids out to swim one day while I did laundry and it was nice to be able to watch them in the pool from my bed! We had three floor to ceiling windows and they all had the standard blackout curtains that you pull across. Our beds had bolster pillows which I loved. I also loved the upholstered benches at the foot of the beds. Very handy to store things on. I also thought the coffee table with drawer storage was handy...kept the kids pjs and plush animals in there.

We didn't mind being away from the CL lounge. It was not a long walk at all...about one minute to the lobby elevators and then straight up.

We enjoyed the lounge offerings, loved that it was open 24/7, and found all the staff friendly and helpful.

This was a split stay with Contemporary (Tower Club level) and the BC was the FAR and away favorite for everyone. We won't do a split stay again and will keep coming back to BC for all our future trips as a family. We all just love it so much and never have as good a time when we stay elsewhere. That pool is our jam! We also love being so close to our favorite park (Epcot) and just enjoy the overall vibe. Feels like vacation!

I stayed in a refurbished room at CSR in December and my feet were black when I got in my bed! Grossed me out considering I had just showered. It was all the dust/dirt from the floor that got on my feet. Seems like Disney needs to figure out how to clean these floors better.

I only stayed one night in a refurbished YC room and I wore flip flops from my CSR lesson. I have a longer stay coming in December and hope the floors are clean :D
We’re staying at CSR on Thursday for the weekend. I didn’t notice my feet being too dirty at pop but I always wear socks so that’s probably why.

We just spent a week at the BC (LOVED our deluxe room #1557) and everything about our stay was amazing EXCEPT our housekeeping. We had to literally ask for everything we needed: more coffee for the Nespresso machine, more toiletries when they ran out, more towels, etc. Some days they forgot to give us a bath mat. Other days, we would get bath towels but no hand towels or washcloths. We got turn down service 5 out of 7 nights. The room was never vacuumed....Our housekeeper didn't even HAVE a vacuum with her cart! Usually, our dirty coffee mugs were not replaced, so we would have to wash them ourselves, etc. Just really bad service all around. We had three different housekeepers. Only one did a great job, but we only had her one day. :(

We had no issues with "room checks." One day my husband stayed in the room all day because he didn't feel well and he did get a security check that day. The room occupied sign was up, and it had been all day up to that point. We did not have any disturbances at any other times, though.

We went to SAB every day around 11 or 12 and found it delightfully uncrowded. There were always tons of available loungers and never more than a few people in line for the slide.

I initially was upset with a ground floor room assignment, but it ended up being great. I loved being able to walk out the sliding door and be at the quiet pool and laundry room instantly. We sent the kids out to swim one day while I did laundry and it was nice to be able to watch them in the pool from my bed! We had three floor to ceiling windows and they all had the standard blackout curtains that you pull across. Our beds had bolster pillows which I loved. I also loved the upholstered benches at the foot of the beds. Very handy to store things on. I also thought the coffee table with drawer storage was handy...kept the kids pjs and plush animals in there.

We didn't mind being away from the CL lounge. It was not a long walk at all...about one minute to the lobby elevators and then straight up.

We enjoyed the lounge offerings, loved that it was open 24/7, and found all the staff friendly and helpful.

This was a split stay with Contemporary (Tower Club level) and the BC was the FAR and away favorite for everyone. We won't do a split stay again and will keep coming back to BC for all our future trips as a family. We all just love it so much and never have as good a time when we stay elsewhere. That pool is our jam! We also love being so close to our favorite park (Epcot) and just enjoy the overall vibe. Feels like vacation!

Sounds like you really enjoyed the BC and had a wonderful stay. We love it too!

I'm going to assume you discussed the housekeeping issues with the resort already. If not, please inform them of the issues you experienced. If they don't know, they cannot fix them. She is very prompt in getting back to you.

Email for the Y&BC Gen Mgr. Kim Marinaccio
wdw.gm.yachtandbeach@disney.com

We arrive Sat July 21 for our stay at the BC. So excited since our last trip was 10 years ago. Being able to walk easily to Epcot and HS (even though it sounds a bit farther) was one of the main reasons we booked at BC. That and the great pool area! Can’t wait to be there!!!

We’ve booked a studio at BCV directly through Disney for September. My family doesn’t drink coffee, however tea is a necessity. What do the studios have in terms of a tea setup and what can be requested if not already available? Also, what can we expect in terms of toiletries? Thanks! I’ve had a hard time finding the answers to these questions because we didn’t rent dvc points, but booked it like a hotel room and it seems that all the answers skew that way.

@DLgal :thanks:thank you for your Beach Club review! We are going to be CL in August and are glad to hear that the lounge is open 24/7. Did they still have the ice cream in the freezer? If so, what flavours did they have? And did you get crepes while you were there? So excited and appreciate your review.

@DLgal :thanks:thank you for your Beach Club review! We are going to be CL in August and are glad to hear that the lounge is open 24/7. Did they still have the ice cream in the freezer? If so, what flavours did they have? And did you get crepes while you were there? So excited and appreciate your review.

Yes, they had the ice cream freezer. It had chocolate, vanilla bean, and mint chocolate chip. It was single serve Edys Slow Churned ice cream (the kind that is lower in fat and calories). It had 140 cal per cup. The cup was 4oz.

We had crepes one morning. They were delicious! The whipped cream was REAL whipped cream. The other hot breakfast items were chocolate chip bread pudding with vanilla bean sauce (SOOOOO good), cheddar cheese grits, and a crustless bacon and cheese quiche that was quite good as well. They had oatmeal every day and the one other rotating hot item.

Any other questions? We loved the CL at BC.

Sounds like you really enjoyed the BC and had a wonderful stay. We love it too!

I'm going to assume you discussed the housekeeping issues with the resort already. If not, please inform them of the issues you experienced. If they don't know, they cannot fix them. She is very prompt in getting back to you.

Email for the Y&BC Gen Mgr. Kim Marinaccio
wdw.gm.yachtandbeach@disney.com

I did not speak to anyone about it while there. The issues were annoying but we just let it go. We ended up getting more coffee and toiletries from the evening turn down service housekeeper twice because she noticed that we hadn't been restocked (got two random knocks on the door in the mornings with baggies full of those items from a woman who said "I saw your notes about needing more coffee." (Notes we left after our daily housekeeping service intended for the following day). I think having a Club Level room on the 1st floor was the issue. We also never got the CL specific toiletry items that we got at the CR.

I do plan to write the GM. I took that letter from her that was in the room with the email address and plan to shoot off a quick email listing these issues but also praising the CL staff and letting her know how much we enjoyed the food offerings and new round the clock lounge access. I think positive feedback is important as well.

I have a pretty scathing email to the general WDW guest communications email address that I need to write regarding the utter unusability of the MDE app and the several issues we encountered due to the system going down numerous times during our trip. Not to mention the inability to utilize Mobile Order more than one time in 10 days (I would get a message that "mobile order is not available at this location at this time " while watching people with iPhones place and pick up orders right in front of me (I have an android phone). This was SO irritating, especially since Mobile Order works flawlessly at Disneyland and never gives me any issues.

We’ve booked a studio at BCV directly through Disney for September. My family doesn’t drink coffee, however tea is a necessity. What do the studios have in terms of a tea setup and what can be requested if not already available? Also, what can we expect in terms of toiletries? Thanks! I’ve had a hard time finding the answers to these questions because we didn’t rent dvc points, but booked it like a hotel room and it seems that all the answers skew that way.
There will be a "random" selection of Twinings tea bags in the holder that houses the sweeteners in the studio. You can call if you want a specific flavor/taste. Sounds like you will be getting daily housekeeping, so your start up H2O toiletries of face soap, bath soap, shampoo, conditioner, and lotion will/should be replaced with the daily housekeeping.

I did not speak to anyone about it while there. The issues were annoying but we just let it go. We ended up getting more coffee and toiletries from the evening turn down service housekeeper twice because she noticed that we hadn't been restocked (got two random knocks on the door in the mornings with baggies full of those items from a woman who said "I saw your notes about needing more coffee." (Notes we left after our daily housekeeping service intended for the following day). I think having a Club Level room on the 1st floor was the issue. We also never got the CL specific toiletry items that we got at the CR.

I do plan to write the GM. I took that letter from her that was in the room with the email address and plan to shoot off a quick email listing these issues but also praising the CL staff and letting her know how much we enjoyed the food offerings and new round the clock lounge access. I think positive feedback is important as well.

I have a pretty scathing email to the general WDW guest communications email address that I need to write regarding the utter unusability of the MDE app and the several issues we encountered due to the system going down numerous times during our trip. Not to mention the inability to utilize Mobile Order more than one time in 10 days (I would get a message that "mobile order is not available at this location at this time " while watching people with iPhones place and pick up orders right in front of me (I have an android phone). This was SO irritating, especially since Mobile Order works flawlessly at Disneyland and never gives me any issues.

Wonderful. I also email both the positive and negative issues. It can only make our stays better!

Yes, they had the ice cream freezer. It had chocolate, vanilla bean, and mint chocolate chip. It was single serve Edys Slow Churned ice cream (the kind that is lower in fat and calories). It had 140 cal per cup. The cup was 4oz.

We had crepes one morning. They were delicious! The whipped cream was REAL whipped cream. The other hot breakfast items were chocolate chip bread pudding with vanilla bean sauce (SOOOOO good), cheddar cheese grits, and a crustless bacon and cheese quiche that was quite good as well. They had oatmeal every day and the one other rotating hot item.

Any other questions? We loved the CL at BC.
Thank you very much for your reply. DD's favourite ice cream is mint chocolate chip - so this is good news for her! Yes, I have one more question: Did you have to ask for turn down service? This is our first every CL stay (4 days of CL stay after 10 days at Port Orleans Riverside).

Thank you very much for your reply. DD's favourite ice cream is mint chocolate chip - so this is good news for her! Yes, I have one more question: Did you have to ask for turn down service? This is our first every CL stay (4 days of CL stay after 10 days at Port Orleans Riverside).

No, turn down service is automatic with a CL stay. We came home with 60 Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate squares!

I recently found the floors to be in similar condition. Not only was there dust/dirt build-up around the furniture, but it was not clean under the beds, either. I noticed small debris, such as a very small label from clothing, as well as what looked like food crumbs, on the floor. If that was not picked up during the cleaning, it was obvious that additional dust/dirt were probably not cleaned up either.

When I stayed at Pop for 2 weeks last December not once were my floors wet mopped. The floors were dirty upon check in and they just got worse as time went on. I tried to talk with my housekeeper but I did not speak her language so communication was difficult. I did ask if she could mop my floors and she pointed to a dry swiffer. I then asked for a wet mop but she indicated that the swiffer was all she had to clean with.

I had spent so much time trying to fix other problems with my stay at Pop that I opted not to trek all the way over to the front desk and stand in line once again to talk to a manager about the room cleanliness problem. As a result of this I am staying off site for my next stay. I know some people don't like carpets but they were cleaned on a regular basis and this new laminate flooring is just not being cleaned appropriately.

It's getting to the point where the first thing you should do when entering your Disney Resort room is a cleanliness and supply inspection. That would include the sheets on the bed and on the sofa bed if applicable. You can do that as you are doing the Bed Bug inspection. It's unconscionable that Disney is charging astronomical prices and not bothering to clean the rooms to appropriate standards. Disney is making these failures the guest's problem by expecting them to tolerate these conditions and then expecting the guests to play "herd the cats" trying to get the situation resolved. No one has time for that when they are on vacation nor should they be expected to deal with it.

Somewhere along the line someone in Disney management has decided that it's ok if the resort rooms are not cleaned and stocked according to industry standards, that it's ok to try and get away with that. If you experience problems with your Disney Resort stay and you have the time to take away from your vacation to deal with these problems, know that calling from your room sends your concerns to a call center. That puts them at the end of a long list of other calls.

In many instances the most effective way to have your concern addressed is to trek down to the front desk at the resort and speak with a Cast Member on site. The Cast Members are in fact concerned about guest experiences and they want to help you. These on site CM's are your best chance at getting your problem resolved.

If you should happen to encounter the rare CM that is less than helpful make a note of their name and ask to speak to a manager.

Whether or not you had the chance to fix Disney's problems while you were on vacation, it's a good idea to follow up with an email to the Resort's General Manager when you get back. Email for the Y&BC Gen Mgr. Kim Marinaccio wdw.gm.yachtandbeach@disney.com

By all means tell the GM what you liked and what you didn't like. Be sure to report problems or concerns as this will help other people and hopefully fix the problem in time for your next trip. It's pretty crappy that we have to ride herd on Disney to provide the vacation experience that we paid for but that's where we are at right now. I'm really hoping that Disney gets its act together and once again starts putting the guest experience before the profit margin. A living wage for the Cast Members would also be a wonderful thing. One can only hope that the future brings a better experience that is more in line with the reputation for excellence that Disney cultivated in the past.

~NM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!