Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi everyone, any update on the progress of the YC room renovations? We are staying Garden View in November, will we be guaranteed a "new" room?

Yes! Les Halles! I remembered reading somewhere that you can grab breakfast from there & then go back to YC and eat by the pool and yesssssss this is what I want to do. Important follow up, pool opens at 9am, can I get a mimosa there? :D
Where? You can get a Mimosa at Les Halle's, but you can not leave Epcot with it. I have never seen a Mimosa on the menu at the pool.

Is there any way to control if/what size balcony your room has? Mine is a garden view, not sure if that makes a difference. Thanks!
All balconies at the YC are full size. There is no way to see if one is a bit bigger than another.

Does anyone know if Les Halles opens early at 8:00 when Epcot has EMH at 8:00 a.m.? Or does it still open at 9:00 on EMH days?
No. I believe Les Halle's opens at 9 everyday.

Is there any way to control if/what size balcony your room has? Mine is a garden view, not sure if that makes a difference. Thanks!
Not really, you can request a full balcony when you make your reservation and also when you do online checkin. Put it as your top priority if it is important to you. I didn't make any requests, mainly because staying on a cast rate you don't usually get them!

Page 1033-34

I haven't asked to be on the Be Our Guest list yet, but I guess I better have you add it, since it is getting closer.

BC - Nov 28th to Dec 1st - (split with GF)

ETA: I just noticed I didn't have a comment here...

I'll update the list sometime today.

:woohoo:

Here now, that is what I was told by CM last night when I picked up my cups. She said "just to let you know, we are getting Coke Freestyle machines tomorrow and will only have canned sodas but you can still use the machine at Hurricane Hannah's. I will check it out later and take some pics.

:thanks:

I just tried to change our last 2 nights to BC when we go in May. Even the magical deal was $450/night. (Sigh) Guess no BC for us this year.

:sad1:

Last edited:
Just arrived in our room. We are in 3515, nice view of the quiet pool and if I look left I can see parts of the Boardwalk. Very long walk from the elevators, but short walk to secrete to Epcot, which is great. Large balcony which is good because I enjoy sitting out there and reading. The only toiletries we have is a tube of lotion and 2 bars of soap. The lotion looks sad sitting on the tray by itself!

Will take pictures later. We are off to Epcot!
Where is the shampoo and conditioner?

We returned to reality today after an absolutely fabulous, fun and relaxing trip. I even met (unexpectedly) a couple of DIS'ers, including @debelfish who was also staying at BC. She used Dee's name in conversation and I *knew* she hung out here!

We arrived late Thursday night and had not received our room assignment. So, checked in at front desk. After the CM gave us our room assignment, I politely asked to see where we would be on the map because I had a feeling...yep - over the porte cochere. I asked (begged) if they could please, please move me to a different room and explained my previous experience with the loud noises. I told them I would take just about any room as long as it was quiet.
It took awhile, but they were able to move us to a room - 4th floor, quiet pool view (4553). Two queens, no daybed, walk-out balcony. It was a loooong way from the lobby - but that didn't bother me at all - plus it was that much closer to Epcot! And the room was so quiet. It was wonderful! I slept SO good - and oh my goodness - the mattress! I guess I was having such a difficult time sleeping on our last trip that I didn't notice the mattress as much. But, I told DH that I think we need that mattress! Do you think that we DIS'ers could get some kind group discount? :rotfl:

Also, I don't know if the mattress question was fully resolved (I tried to catch up but may have missed some posts), but ours was Sealy Beautyrest "Disney Plush" - so not pillowtop.

CMs were all very friendly. I requested and received early morning mousekeeping. We used our toiletries the first day, and we were given additional toiletries the next day. Have to say for the record, I am not a fan of the sea salt (or whatever) fragrance. I much preferred the orange. I was very glad the bar soap seemed to be unscented or lightly scented. Coffee was always re-stocked. But a word of caution - the edge of the regular coffee pods always seemed to be sealed into the package seam. Once I opened the packet, I had to actually peel apart the whole package to get the coffee pod out without it being ripped and causing a huge mess. The decaf ones weren't that way. I think it may have been a production defect.

I utilized Amazon Prime Now, and it was waiting for us at the front desk. Would definitely recommend this! It was awesome to have real creamer in my coffee every morning, and lots of bottles of water!

We got one really good pool day in, and ordered a drink. Another word of caution: Do not order the Apple Mule. Just yuck! I love this mule renaissance, and it sounded so yummy. But, it tasted like Pine-Sol!!! :crazy2: When the server came to bring me my tab, he asked how it was. I told him that it wasn't so great, and he insisted on getting me something else! That was awesome! I don't know that I could have choked that drink down. (I like the Sunken Treasure, but it's a tad on the sweet side for me.)

We did have to wait a LOOOOONG time for a bus to AK (PPO) on Sunday morning. I think we got out there at 7:30-ish and the bus didn't come until a little after 8:00. And a lady at the bus stop had been out there at least 20 minutes before we walked up! We used Uber three times over the duration of our trip, when we didn't want to be at the mercy of Disney Transport. The money spent was worth it.

I know this was long! Hopefully a few helpful tidbits...I'm attaching a couple of pics, and Dee you are free to use if you so desire.

IMG_4041.JPG IMG_4042.JPGIMG_4044.JPGIMG_4078.JPG

EDIT/PS: Two quick notes - the hot tub at this quiet pool was closed the entire time. And, the ice machine on our floor didn't work; in fact, I had to go down to second floor for ice. Resort was alerted to the ice machine outage, but I personally didn't report/complain about hot tub since there was a "closed" sign by it.

Last edited:
We are heading back to the BC in December (11-23). Its been 3 years since our last visit as have been too busy doing DLR and DCL..LOL! So what has changed in those 3 years? Any tips from the regulars on thing to do, see, eat?

Also this is the first time we are not doing CL, but just plain old regular garden view. We have DCL WC straight after this, so just couldn't justify the additional cost for CL. Please let me know if there are fridges in the rooms and is it worth getting some Amazon deliveries?

We want a room closes to Epcot side and quiet pool, is there a particular wing I should request?

Lots of questions, so thanks in advance, off to check out the FAQs on the front page.

Cheers
Angela

We arrived late Thursday night and had not received our room assignment. So, checked in at front desk. After the CM gave us our room assignment, I politely asked to see where we would be on the map because I had a feeling...yep - over the porte cochere. I asked (begged) if they could please, please move me to a different room and explained my previous experience with the loud noises. I told them I would take just about any room as long as it was quiet.
It took awhile, but they were able to move us to a room - 4th floor, quiet pool view (4553).
I think that you got an upgrade to a lagoon/pool view room. That is a nice view. :)

But a word of caution - the edge of the regular coffee pods always seemed to be sealed into the package seam. Once I opened the packet, I had to actually peel apart the whole package to get the coffee pod out without it being ripped and causing a huge mess. The decaf ones weren't that way. I think it may have been a production defect.
I think that you are right that it was a production defect. I've never had one of these defective pods.

When the server came to bring me my tab, he asked how it was. I told him that it wasn't so great, and he insisted on getting me something else! That was awesome!
That was nice of them to bring a different drink for you. :)

We want a room closes to Epcot side and quiet pool, is there a particular wing I should request?
The BC doesn't label their wings, so I would just call in a request to be near the quiet pool. It is near Epcot, which would take care of that request, too. :)

We are heading back to the BC in December (11-23). Its been 3 years since our last visit as have been too busy doing DLR and DCL..LOL! So what has changed in those 3 years?
The rooms have been remodeled since you've stayed there. They have built shower rooms for the main pool. The Yacht Club has added a quick service location in the area where the gift shop is located. Ale and Compass and Captain's Grille are being remodeled. The plan is to combine them into one big restaurant and lounge. :)

Yes! Les Halles! I remembered reading somewhere that you can grab breakfast from there & then go back to YC and eat by the pool and yesssssss this is what I want to do. Important follow up, pool opens at 9am, can I get a mimosa there? :D

Unfortunately not! Hurricane Hanna's doesn't open until 11AM (and I'm not sure they offer a mimosa). Bill makes a fantastic rum runner though!

I think that you got an upgrade to a lagoon/pool view room. That is a nice view. :)

Yes! I think two things helped my cause. The first is that I had two reservations- the first was a magical deal (standard view) and the second was pool/lagoon view. I jokingly said I would be willing "to meet in the middle". :D Also, apparently they had a block of rooms, that I'm assuming included other standard view rooms, that were taken off line for a day or two because there would be no hot water. In all honesty, I would have taken no hot water for a day or two over no sleep!!!

We just got back from a wonderful trip to Beach Club! It was so nice to meet Mommaberd on the bus and in the hallways. It looks like our room 4608 was the same as 4553. No daybed but a wonderful full balcony, we overlooked the villas courtyard. Luckily the room photo thread had a photo of this exact room so I knew where we were gong to be before we even boarded the airplane. If you don't need the daybed I would definitely request this room.

The weather was great not too hot and no rain. We attended the MNSSNP on the 17th and I was glad to try this event. You can't beat the Beach Club for access to Food and Wine! I really like walking into France getting breakfast and walking back to get ready for the day. All in all it was a fantastic trip to celebrate that our twins are off to college. I am already trying to figure out how to get back.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]First thing as we walked into Epcot this is who I saw. Had to get a picture for my granddaughters!
Where is the shampoo and conditioner?
i had to call down to housekeeping to see if I could get some shower gel. They apologized that there wasn't any and also brought some shampoo and conditioner.

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Yes, all rooms have been renovated so you will be getting a room with the new décor and amenities.

:goodvibes
Thank you so much! Great to know!

My other question is that we would love a king bed instead of 2 queens and a shower cubicle instead of bath. What's the best way for me to request this? OLCI or should I call / email?

Thanks for the welcome :flower1:

Thank you so much! Great to know!

My other question is that we would love a king bed instead of 2 queens and a shower cubicle instead of bath. What's the best way for me to request this? OLCI or should I call / email?

Thanks for the welcome :flower1:

Those are not options during Online Check In. Your best bet would be to call and add those requests to your reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out.

I can remember the time a group of wild women went down to Stormalong Bay for Synchronized Pool Tube Team practice and they brought a thermos of Mimosas for hydration. When one is practicing routines for possible Olympic participation proper hydration is essential!

For any Epcot fans here (and i know there are a lot) that are also on twitter, I highly recommend this Epcot parody account :

https://twitter.com/EpcotCentre

Done!

~NM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter