Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I was amazed how early SAB closed when we were there a few weeks ago. In my experience, October hours were even less. I loved how we used to be able to come back from park closing and swim before bed.

What time did they close? I called and they said right now it's closing at 10pm but it can change, usually around 9pm-11pm, but mostly they close at 10pm (unless it's the dead of winter). My plan is to escape the parks in the middle of the day to swim when it's hot, but it'd be nice to go in the hot tub at night too.

What time did they close? I called and they said right now it's closing at 10pm but it can change, usually around 9pm-11pm, but mostly they close at 10pm (unless it's the dead of winter). My plan is to escape the parks in the middle of the day to swim when it's hot, but it'd be nice to go in the hot tub at night too.

It was 10 pm. If you stayed for fireworks it was not possible to get in a swim. I just remember pools being opened til 11 in past years.
Sadly, we really didn't take full advantage of SAB like I thought we would.

The quiet pools are open until 11pm and they all have a hot tub. :)

It was 10 pm. If you stayed for fireworks it was not possible to get in a swim. I just remember pools being opened til 11 in past years.
Sadly, we really didn't take full advantage of SAB like I thought we would.
This is probably a result of budget cuts but shouldn't be for the price we pay to stay here.

$450? Really? All three of my nights are right at $385 with this TA. And I am thinking about placing a deposit on another reservation for three nights in May, and those nights were the same price. Odd?

I didn't ask if what type of room it was. SV may have been gone. I am really, really trying to stay on budget this time! I usually move things around 4, 5, 6....times and probably drive my TA crazy. I'm booked for CSR because it fits the budget (DH had said we should take a break and save some money, but we have those APs...) Anyway, I thought maybe I could sneak in a part of the trip at BC to get my fix. When she gave me that price, I figured it was a sign that I should stay on task and didn't ask too many questions. Just realized that the rate may be outside the date range for the discount. Now you've got me thinking....

Can anyone tell me if the pool will be open in February and if it is heated? We are heading down for the High School National Cheer Championships and then plan on extending our stay for a week and a nicer hotel. Look for some place new we have stayed at CBR, CSR and OKW. I really like the feel of the Beach Club.

Can anyone tell me if the pool will be open in February and if it is heated? We are heading down for the High School National Cheer Championships and then plan on extending our stay for a week and a nicer hotel. Look for some place new we have stayed at CBR, CSR and OKW. I really like the feel of the Beach Club.
The pools will be heated. They do maintenance work on the pools sometimes in January and February, but it never closes down all the pools.

Hi all ! Made it and got some pixie dust :) room 3001 YC with the hall way and full pull out . We love it !!!!!its a long walk but worth it ! So happy to be here !!

Attachments

• IMG_4023.JPG
    IMG_4023.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_4025.JPG
    IMG_4025.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4028.JPG
    IMG_4028.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_4038.JPG
    IMG_4038.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_4045.JPG
    IMG_4045.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 97

:welcome: to the thread!

Yes, Stormalong Bay is open and heated in the winter.

The problem is not while you are in the pool, but when you get back out.

:fish:

The weather can go to extremes in the winter months in Florida. There can be days when you need to wear a warm coat and there can be days when you are comfortable in shorts and a tshirt. Sometimes in the same week!

:sunny::cold:

Here are the 2018 BC rack rates, which include all taxes:

https://www.mousesavers.com/2018-beach-club-room-rates-season-dates/

So, it looks like you were quoted BC with about a 20% discount, if that rate included taxes.

Thanks! I check rates about daily. It didn't seem like their usual discount but I was looking for a Friday which I know usually is a higher rate. I may have her recheck that rate. I will probably keep stalking for a spring/summer discount or hopefully a better AP rate. We didn't stay at BC this summer and although I really loved our stay at SSR & AKL, my heart belongs to BC!

Are the quiet pools open and heated in the winter?

I think we swim in the quiet pools more than the main pools. They are always open and heated.

i all ! Made it and got some pixie dust :) room 3001 YC with the hall way and full pull out . We love it !!!!!its a long walk but worth it ! So happy to be here !!

The view is gorgeous. And I bet the extra space is nice, too. :)

Are the quiet pools open and heated in the winter?

They're open, at least while we're there during Marathon weekend the first week or so of January. Heated? Questionable, but we've seen 50 degree days and 80 degree days over the years, so fair to say I have not tested the waters when it's in the 50's, but when the air temp is in the 70's and 80's all I will say is that the water is invigorating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter