Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Arriving at YC, one month from today (8/22) for 5 nights and then 4 nights at GF. Couldn't be more excited. I was going to switch from the YC to the BC because of some negative things I have heard about the YC (no carpeting in the room, no ceiling fan and room sometimes get hot at night) but my travel agent said she recently stayed at the new rooms at the YC and loved them, so I kept the YC.

3 weeks until our first BC stay!!:yay::yay: A few questions as I begin making final lists and plans.

Does anyone know if distilled water is available at any of the on-site stores? Dah needs it for his CPAP machine. It isn't available on Prime Now (they have everything else I want and better prices)

Is there anyplace for DH to get iced coffee in the morning? I know he can get it at Starbucks at the parks but we don't want to waste valuable morning touring time and he would like to have it earlier anyway.

Wow, DH sounds very high maintenance, ha!:D

I know it is basically impossible to watch both F! and the SW show on the same night. Is it possible to see some of either show (obviously not the projections) from BC?

Thank you!

3 weeks until our first BC stay!!:yay::yay: A few questions as I begin making final lists and plans.

Does anyone know if distilled water is available at any of the on-site stores? Dah needs it for his CPAP machine. It isn't available on Prime Now (they have everything else I want and better prices)
Thank you!
One gallon of distilled water is $2.99 at resort markets.

I can be cheap but there is no way in h*ll I am walking 22 minutes to Speedway to pick up some beer and cheaper bottle waters, in the HOT, HUMID Florida sun:crazy2::sad2::rotfl::cool2::confused: in the middle of August.

Safeway has a current promo thru 8/19/17 for $20 off first delivery order (minimum order of $49) and free delivery. Their pricing is competitive.

https://shop.safeway.com/ecom/home

Is Disney doing away with ceiling fans in all their rooms? The refurbished YC rooms no longer have them. We've read some reviews where guests felt the rooms felt warmer because of this.

IMG_1888.JPG IMG_1886.JPG IMG_1887.JPG Just a quick update from Yacht Club room 4173. Touring plans was incorrect-it is a King!!! With a great view too. I was worried about the high beds and no carpet ( I'm 5'3") but it's not a problem at all. The resort is nice and quiet and has become our favorite Epcot area resort. Also had dinner at The Yachtsman last night and it was wonderful! Our Beach Club room in January was rather worn and only had a small balcony so I will definitely go YC in the future. Sorry the rooms a bit disheveled in the pics.

View attachment 255258 View attachment 255256 View attachment 255257 Just a quick update from Yacht Club room 4173. Touring plans was incorrect-it is a King!!! With a great view too. I was worried about the high beds and no carpet ( I'm 5'3") but it's not a problem at all. The resort is nice and quiet and has become our favorite Epcot area resort. Also had dinner at The Yachtsman last night and it was wonderful! Our Beach Club room in January was rather worn and only had a small balcony so I will definitely go YC in the future. Sorry the rooms a bit disheveled in the pics.
TP is probably just out of date. The refurb process at the YC added additional King rooms. This is a great room!

TP is probably just out of date. The refurb process at the YC added additional King rooms. This is a great room!
That's what I thought. Great move Yacht Club! This result definitely seems more adult oriented so I imagine the requests for Kings is high.

I am going to do early check in for our YC stay beginning 8/22. Our flight doesn't arrive until 4pm but it will be nice to just go straight to the room when we arrive. Has anyone ever had a 1st floor room with a patio? Is there any disadvantages/advantages to these? I am just wondering if I should request a higher floor?

Five weeks until Disney! Until YC! Can't wait :) We ordered Garden Grocer, and it said between 4 and 9 for delivery. Do I have to be in the room? Will Bell services just deliver it if I'm checked in already and the room is ready when it comes? I don't want to have to carry a case of water! And we have plans to ride splash mountain before it closes for the rest of our trip :) So excited!!!!

Five weeks until Disney! Until YC! Can't wait :) We ordered Garden Grocer, and it said between 4 and 9 for delivery. Do I have to be in the room? Will Bell services just deliver it if I'm checked in already and the room is ready when it comes? I don't want to have to carry a case of water! And we have plans to ride splash mountain before it closes for the rest of our trip :) So excited!!!!

My experience has been that Bell Services will hold it until you call down and ask them to bring it up to the room. You have to be in the room when Bell Services brings it up. Other people may report a different experience.

Can anyone confirm or deny the following two pieces of information about YC?

1. Do standard view rooms on the front of the resort currently overlook the convention center construction? Or do trees block that mess?

2. Is the gift shop scheduled to be done before July is over as planned?

I know it is basically impossible to watch both F! and the SW show on the same night. Is it possible to see some of either show (obviously not the projections) from BC?
You can get an excellent view of the high fireworks from Illuminations along with the music from the bridge between Beach Club and Boardwalk. Illuminations lasts about 12 minutes.

You won't be able to see the lower part of the show with the projections on the globe, but the high fireworks are good along with the music. You can see the high Star Wars fireworks from the BC/YC area but won't hear music. The show time for Star Wars varies during the year and the show has been shown at earlier times when sunset is early.

I am going to do early check in for our YC stay beginning 8/22. Our flight doesn't arrive until 4pm but it will be nice to just go straight to the room when we arrive. Has anyone ever had a 1st floor room with a patio? Is there any disadvantages/advantages to these? I am just wondering if I should request a higher floor?
Most of the ground floors rooms with a garden view will be right next to the sidewalk and get a lot of foot traffic. If you don't mind having people walk past your room than a patio is nice. The best patios are with the lagoon view rooms that have a view of the lake. There are patios around the quiet pool, too. If you booked a standard view room or club level than you won't get a ground floor room. :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter