Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I have never stayed at a Disney owned Villa- we own at Bonnet Creek- I can't believe that with the amount of money that you pay for these villas that you get PAPER plates and PLASTIC utensils!! talk about being CHEAP!!! WOW

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Hi
Does anyone know if there is a laundry service at the Yacht Club? I know there are machines but not sure we will be hanging around the hotel enough to use them. I think I also heard there is an app for checking machine availability?
Thanks for any info, really looking forward to our holiday - this time next week we will be there!!!!

Saw a picture on Facebook of the chocolate carousel at the Beach Club.

Any first hand sightings or pictures?

:santa:
Was there from Tuesday-Saturday. Came back late from Christmas party on Thursday night to see all the Christmas decorations being delivered and put up. They were working on the carousel most of the day Friday. The smell was incredible.

Just starting: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C8dQl-txxTjc_jDo9m3-lch1tK45487Uhg/view?usp=sharing

Finishing touches: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kfKZMPqL8QYm41V7dCHy_F7sxSiX2-THmQ/view

Finished: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HNoUbfOlpK1cZJxs69ROrOFmsJ12H0UD5Q/view?usp=sharing

Decorations delivered: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F6NZLJiSariA1oXnTHpxTfz-fmQbDP878g/view?usp=sharing

Hi
Does anyone know if there is a laundry service at the Yacht Club? I know there are machines but not sure we will be hanging around the hotel enough to use them. I think I also heard there is an app for checking machine availability?
Thanks for any info, really looking forward to our holiday - this time next week we will be there!!!!
Yes, the Yacht Club has Dry Cleaning and Laundry Valet Services. The app for checking washing machine and dryer availability for your resort is called "LaundryView".

I have never stayed at a Disney owned Villa- we own at Bonnet Creek- I can't believe that with the amount of money that you pay for these villas that you get PAPER plates and PLASTIC utensils!! talk about being CHEAP!!! WOW

I couldn't agree more!!!! We stayed BLT a few years back and VGF last year and both had proper crockery and utensils; is this "paper and plastic" a new thing? SO cheap and nasty; a "deluxe villa" resort should be just that! Very shocked at this news. I'm glad we used David's DVC rentals and didn't buy into DVC.

Just in the studios. 1BR and up is a full stocked kitchen with metal silverware, ceramic plates and bowls, glassware, etc.

Studios basically have a small wet bar with a fridge, mic, toaster, & coffee maker.

I couldn't agree more!!!! We stayed BLT a few years back and VGF last year and both had proper crockery and utensils; is this "paper and plastic" a new thing? SO cheap and nasty; a "deluxe villa" resort should be just that! Very shocked at this news. I'm glad we used David's DVC rentals and didn't buy into DVC.

Rent a 1BR and you'll get the good stuff :)

There's no dishwasher in a studio to thoroughly clean and sanitize plates and utensils.

As @ScubaCat stated this is only in Studio Villas with kitchenette. Does Bonnet Creek have Studios?
1 bedroom and larger Villas with full kitchens have china

Yes, the Yacht Club has Dry Cleaning and Laundry Valet Services. The app for checking washing machine and dryer availability for your resort is called "LaundryView".

Thanks so much for your reply really useful. Going to get the app now (just in case), but good to know we don't need to pack enough for 17 days.

Last edited:
Some info from Disney about the 2017 Christmas displays at the YC and BC:

This year also marks the 18th anniversary of the Holiday Carousel – a life-size, edible spinning carousel that’s become a holiday tradition at Disney’s Beach Club Resort. This year’s carousel is designed by Pastry Chefs Thomas Huebner, Jennifer Ladisky and Cindy Roman. The Lilo and Stitch-themed carousel will feature horses with hand-painted holiday characters and hand-crafted gingerbread snow flakes. See if you can spot all 18 hidden Mickeys on this display! There will also be a limited-edition pin featuring Lilo and Stitch available for purchase starting 11/17 at the Beach Club Marketplace. And right next door at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, you’ll also find the annual Holiday Miniature Train! These beautiful holiday displays will be in the lobbies of each resort starting Nov. 17.

We are just back from a 4 night YC stay. The good news is we didn't see any non-service dogs and received a complimentary upgrade from garden view to lagoon view (although I would have been annoyed if I'd have paid for this "lagoon view" room as it looked on to the gazebo and the lagoon was to the right). The bad news is that they couldn't honour our King Bed and shower cubicle request.

The new rooms are okay but overall we were disappointed; to me, it feels like they did the refurb on a budget and boy does it show. Feels more 3-star/moderate than "deluxe". The beds are way too high (whose crazy idea was that?) and the sheets/soft furnishings felt cheap and scratchy. One day we were walking to the elevators and an elderly lady was asking a housekeeper for a step as she couldn't reach the bed; he didn't speak English and shrugged his shoulders at her - I hope she spoke to front desk about that. I liked the hard floor but housekeeping did a poor job of cleaning it - when we walked-in at check-in there were stains on the floor in the bathroom area and I saw a couple of old dried-out contact lenses which was a bit gross. Keurig machine was good but I wish they provided proper creamer/half & half rather than cheap powdered coffee mate. I wish I'd known and brought my own. After the bed bug reports at BC I carefully inspected our beds and couldn't see anything but I did receive three bites in a triangle-formation just above my ankle; now, I'm not accusing YC of having bed bugs as I have no evidence it was caused by bed bugs but just a FYI to be vigilant.

I thought I'd read on here that 2 complimentary bottles of Dasani water were provided in rooms but we did not received these either on our first day or any other day?

We ordered Disney Floral & Gift gift baskets and YC failed to deliver them to our room; I am sorry to say it but they are completely incompetent. We have NEVER had a problem having our gift baskets delivered to our room at VGF or BLT but YC was absolutely useless: they acted as if it was normal to have to pick them up from the front desk? For me, the whole point of the magic is coming back to the room and seeing them waiting for us. After the second day of coming back to our room to no gift basket I went to the front desk and told them to send everything back to Floral & Gift and issue us refunds. Who'd have thought ordering gift baskets could cause so much stress.

The pool area was great but very overcrowded; we often struggled to find loungers but did always find spots on the "roof area" up the stairs.

Loved the F&WF and the walk to EPCOT and the boat service to HS was good. We drove everywhere else as we don't like the buses. The self-parking area was full on a couple occasions so we were essentially forced to join a few other vehicles in "illegally" parking on the verge of the road. Never received a ticket or notice and made sure we were not in anyone's way.

Overall, we won't visit Yacht Club again (not least because of the dog policy) but did enjoy our stay despite the few areas of disappointment.

You are 100% right about the refurbished rooms at YC, I had to literally crawl up onto the bed as I was so high and my being only 5'3" plus there is no way to sit on the edge of the bed like one can normally when dressing.
I had an unfortunate accident my second night of our stay as I rolled over and fell out of bed. If you get too close to the edge you can slip right out onto the floor.
This resulted in my injuring both my knees my right foot my left upper arm, right elbow and my left temple which is cut and bruised.
Reported this to security.
I sleep the next 2 nights on the daybed rather than the bed
I should mention also the mattresses tend to slide off the platform rather easily

Also upon arrival we were given our room number but when we went upstairs the room was being worked on by a construction crew with hard hats after returning to the front desk we were given a new room and a $75 credit for our inconvenience.
I forgot to mention the shower door did not fully close and both rooms were very far from the lobby which my requests were upper floor/close to lobby. Fail on their part.
Our last morning the elevator decided to break down complete with alarm going off luckily the door open button worked and we were able to exit and use another elevator

Only saw one small dog being walked near the rear exit of YC and our room over looked the quiet pool but never heard or seen any dogs in that area.

You are 100% right about the refurbished rooms at YC, I had to literally crawl up onto the bed as I was so high and my being only 5'3" plus there is no way to sit on the edge of the bed like one can normally when dressing.
I had an unfortunate accident my second night of our stay as I rolled over and fell out of bed. If you get too close to the edge you can slip right out onto the floor.
This resulted in my injuring both my knees my right foot my left upper arm, right elbow and my left temple which is cut and bruised.
Reported this to security.
I sleep the next 2 nights on the daybed rather than the bed
I should mention also the mattresses tend to slide off the platform rather easily
I'm so sorry that your stay at the YC has been problematic. The height of the mattresses at the YC is about 5"-6" higher than standard height. There have been fairly regular complaints about the greater than normal height of the new beds, which can make it very difficult or impossible for anyone shorter than about 5'5" to get on the bed. It's also a problem for those with physical challenges, as well as kids. It looks like this is one of those cases where the designers chose form over function.

Some CMs say that foot stools might be available, upon request, for those having difficulties with the bed height. The other option is to request an accessible room; however, Disney designates those rooms for guests with disabilities, and I don't think they recognize those who are under 5'5" in height as having a disability. I believe that most or all of the beds in accessible rooms (except those only for hearing disability) have normal height (or lower) beds.

I hope that you are feeling better, and that your unfortunate experience has not prevented you from enjoying your trip.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!