Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I guess I shouldn't mention my huge crush on Doug Flutie! #2

;)

I am suppressing the plethora of juvenile #2 jokes that popped into my head as a courtesy to the thread. We'd better stick to YC/BC or this could get out of hand fast. :laughing:

Last edited:
don't think they recognize those who are under 5'5" in height as having a disability

..... And there's another Flutie joke! :rotfl2:

OK, I swear I'm done now. Back to the topic at hand!

In all seriousness (making an effort here
:rolleyes1 ) ..... I'm a little surprised they'd refurb a room with a higher bed like that. That's bound to create issues. Usually those things are pretty strictly considered.

There is another change for departing guests, besides the earlier pick-up times for the DME. For those guests using RAC:

Walt Disney World Resort Guests must present a valid government-issued I.D. for domestic travel or a valid passport for international travel. In addition, Guests must check in no later than 4 hours prior to their scheduled flight departure. (Flight delays do not extend this check-in time.) All Guests must be present at check-in.

Resort Airline Check-In is open 7 days a week from 4:00 AM to 12:00 noon. If you are unable to check in during these hours, you will need to do so at your airline’s check-in counter at Orlando International Airport prior to your flight.

The pick-ups from YC/BC usually have the following sequence, depending on demand:
YC, BC, BWI, and CBR.​
If pick-up must be a minimum of 4 hours prior to scheduled flight departure, that means 4 hours from the last stop. So, add some time to that 4 hours, if being picked up from YC/BC.

We have an accessible garden/woods view booked for February. Do you know if the refurbished
rooms still have the beds lower to the floor in the accessible rooms ..

We have an accessible garden/woods view booked for February. Do you know if the refurbished
rooms still have the beds lower to the floor in the accessible rooms ..
My understanding is that the wheelchair accessible rooms at the YC have the lower height beds. According to a CM, the height is such that a guest can easily move from a wheelchair to the bed. However, I highly recommend having a note placed in your reservation that you require the lower height bed.

All of the beds at the BC are normal bed height.

You are 100% right about the refurbished rooms at YC, I had to literally crawl up onto the bed as I was so high and my being only 5'3" plus there is no way to sit on the edge of the bed like one can normally when dressing.
I had an unfortunate accident my second night of our stay as I rolled over and fell out of bed. If you get too close to the edge you can slip right out onto the floor.
This resulted in my injuring both my knees my right foot my left upper arm, right elbow and my left temple which is cut and bruised.
Reported this to security.
I sleep the next 2 nights on the daybed rather than the bed
I should mention also the mattresses tend to slide off the platform rather easily

Also upon arrival we were given our room number but when we went upstairs the room was being worked on by a construction crew with hard hats after returning to the front desk we were given a new room and a $75 credit for our inconvenience.
I forgot to mention the shower door did not fully close and both rooms were very far from the lobby which my requests were upper floor/close to lobby. Fail on their part.
Our last morning the elevator decided to break down complete with alarm going off luckily the door open button worked and we were able to exit and use another elevator

Only saw one small dog being walked near the rear exit of YC and our room over looked the quiet pool but never heard or seen any dogs in that area.

Ugh, I'm sorry you had so much trouble because of the beds. I am 5'2, I had trouble getting into the bed in May. I also noticed how easily the mattress slipped around on the frame. I even posted a warning about it because I was worried that kids could get hurt falling from these beds. And I smacked my shins a few times with that mattress moving around too. I still can't believe Disney didn't think this room redesign thru a little better.

Still wondering why people are walking dogs in the green space near the entrances instead of in the dog walk area tho. :sad2:

Hi there!

I am doing my online check-in and see there is an area where you can request room features. We have rented points and are staying in a standard studio villa and on Touring Plans it looks like there are standard studios facing the pool, which look quite nice. I was thinking of asking for a room facing the pool on the first floor, for easy access. What do experienced BC'ers think?

Hi there!

I am doing my online check-in and see there is an area where you can request room features. We have rented points and are staying in a standard studio villa and on Touring Plans it looks like there are standard studios facing the pool, which look quite nice. I was thinking of asking for a room facing the pool on the first floor, for easy access. What do experienced BC'ers think?

You can try, but send the request to DVC by email or it will probably be ignored.

members@disneyvacationclub.com

You know how they have those stair lift chairs for stair cases. Maybe the Yacht Club should get a bed lift chair so anyone under 6' 5 inches could get on and off the bed.

Always thinking,
~NM

PS. They should also install a lift for all of those resort dogs checking in to the hotel. I've never heard of a dog that doesn't sneak on the bed so I'm sure it will get used.

06_zps12eb1ee6.jpg

Hi there!

There's a fence that completely surrounds the Dunes Cove Pool so easy access from the first floor pool facing rooms is not as easy as it used to be. No more out of the room, across the grass to the pool. For certain rooms there is access to a walkway that will take you to an entrance gate and for others you'll just have to navigate the halls to the nearest exit for access to the pool. Not a big deal, just not as convenient for first floor guests as it used to be.

..... And there's another Flutie joke! :rotfl2:

OK, I swear I'm done now. Back to the topic at hand!

In all seriousness (making an effort here
:rolleyes1 ) ..... I'm a little surprised they'd refurb a room with a higher bed like that. That's bound to create issues. Usually those things are pretty strictly considered.

FWIW we saw Flutie at the MK one year...It was about 10 years ago during February vacation waiting for the MK opening show.

Hi,

Next trip we think we will do Yacht instead of Beach Club.

I do have a question - I understand they re-themed Captain's Grille to another table service, but I'm confused about a quick service.
Did they get rid of the gift shop entirely in the Yacht Club for a quick service?
If needed to buy bagels or things of that nature, I would need to go to Beach Club?
No store at all for t-shirts, etc?

thanks!

It's kind of controversial to ask Housekeeping to give you more supplies when you are staying on points. Our DVC dues pay for that, if you want more stuff you're supposed to pay for it, blah blah blah. I'm not saying Housekeeping won't give it to you. I'm just saying that if you post something like that on a DVC board, people will be all over you.

On the flip side - I've stayed in a studio on cash and Housekeeping was not good about replacing the paper plates and plastic silverware. They were on a high shelf or in a high cabinet, I can't remember which, but I got the sense that my housekeeper was not checking up there.

As a long time DVC Member , I've always understood the no ask rule, but there are times we've stayed in a studio and it was clear that the supplies were not replenished since there wasn't enough for our length of stay. In that case, I do ask.

There is another change for departing guests, besides the earlier pick-up times for the DME. For those guests using RAC:

The pick-ups from YC/BC usually have the following sequence, depending on demand:
YC, BC, BWI, and CBR.​
If pick-up must be a minimum of 4 hours prior to scheduled flight departure, that means 4 hours from the last stop. So, add some time to that 4 hours, if being picked up from YC/BC.
What if your flight is at 7:00 p.m.? do they still take you to the airport at 12:00 noon? I hope not!!!!

What if your flight is at 7:00 p.m.? do they still take you to the airport at 12:00 noon? I hope not!!!!
No, two different services; RAC and DME. RAC closes at 12:00 PM. This means if you don't use this service you're simply taking your planned checked luggage [if you have any] with you on DME. You'll then need to check it at the airport. DME is a 24/7 operation, so for your 7:00 PM flight you will be scheduled for a pick-up around 3:00 PM. In your case, you could check your luggage and get your boarding passes with RAC prior to 12:00 PM and then do whatever you wanted resort or park wise until your DME pickup. Carry-on luggage can be checked with bell services if you don't fell like toting that around with you.

Last edited:
Hi,

Next trip we think we will do Yacht instead of Beach Club.

I do have a question - I understand they re-themed Captain's Grille to another table service, but I'm confused about a quick service.
Did they get rid of the gift shop entirely in the Yacht Club for a quick service?
If needed to buy bagels or things of that nature, I would need to go to Beach Club?
No store at all for t-shirts, etc?

thanks!

They refurbished the old gift shop at the Yacht Club and it's now called The Market at Ale & Compass. It was upgraded as a new QS option for dining, so yes they have bagels and more for breakfast. There is still a "gift shop" component for the location, so yes there is a selection of clothing and other souvenir type items available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!