Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

There would be 4 of us using it. Luckily, our entire vacation is paid for, including dinner at Yachtsman, CRT, BBB, etc. I'm trying to make this an extra, extra special trip - my oldest daughter has had an incredibly tough year - hospitalizations, major medical issues, etc. Over the span of 9 nights, it works out to $27 total so not too bad and I think we'd easily eat/drink that. But I just thought it might be another way of making her feel a little special.
For that small amount, you should do it. They DO make you feel special, and to me, there's nothing like dragging back to the resort, wanting nothing more than to put your feet up, and knowing there's a glass of wine and a snack waiting for you. :love:

My wonderful TA sent me a gift today. It's a BC scented candle! It smells so much like the BC lobby. Thought I'd share for those who are always on the search for the scent! It's made by Walter & Rosie Candle Co. www.walterandrosiecandleco.com I don't know if this has been one mentioned before. $17/candle and they are inspired by Disney resorts.

Last edited:

We decided to do it!!

Good call. To put it in perspective, for 4 of you, that's less than $7/day per person, or two soft drinks. Even if you just get drinks a couple times a day to take to the parks or back to your room, you'll break even. And kids love having to use their MBs on the elevator to get to the club floor...makes it kind of top secret... :-)

Looking for some opinions on club level - right now we are booked for 9 nights at the BC in a garden/woods view room. There is no offer for our dates for that room category. However, I noticed we could upgrade to a standard view CL room for $250 and I'm trying to decide if we should go for it. We are rope drop people, so unfortunately I don't think we'd be able to take advantage of the breakfast most days. We are planning on taking afternoon breaks on at least 3 or our days and also have a resort/pool day planned (though we will need to leave for a 5 o'clock reservation at 'Ohana). We will arrive around 10-11 a.m. on our first day and will be at the resort all night, and we also tend to get back earlier than most since our kids are young and can't make it too late. And, we'd be downgrading our view. In your opinion, is it worth it? How bad are the standard CL views? This would probably be the only trip I'd consider it since it's such a small amount above what we're paying for a regular room.

There would be 4 of us using it. Luckily, our entire vacation is paid for, including dinner at Yachtsman, CRT, BBB, etc. I'm trying to make this an extra, extra special trip - my oldest daughter has had an incredibly tough year - hospitalizations, major medical issues, etc. Over the span of 9 nights, it works out to $27 total so not too bad and I think we'd easily eat/drink that. But I just thought it might be another way of making her feel a little special.

We are a rope-drop family too, going to the park with early opening hours (8 am) . That's one of the reasons club level works so great for us. with a 7 am opening, we have a quick breakfast and for the most part we make it to the parks either at or slightly before scheduled opening. The breakfast holds us over until an early lunch around 11 am, before most people are breaking for lunch.

I think this is an excellent expenditure to make the trip more special for your daughter and rest of the family.

I had a BC CL SV room that overlooked the parking lot. In the evening we could see some of the Illuminations fireworks and the Magic Kingdom fireworks off in the distance.

:goodvibes

We are a rope-drop family too, going to the park with early opening hours (8 am) . That's one of the reasons club level works so great for us. with a 7 am opening, we have a quick breakfast and for the most part we make it to the parks either at or slightly before scheduled opening. The breakfast holds us over until an early lunch around 11 am, before most people are breaking for lunch.

I think this is an excellent expenditure to make the trip more special for your daughter and rest of the family.

I had a BC CL SV room that overlooked the parking lot. In the evening we could see some of the Illuminations fireworks and the Magic Kingdom fireworks off in the distance.

That makes me feel much better! We actually will be able to hit up breakfast 5 or our 7 park days! I'm praying we get a decent view, DH and I like to sit on the balcony with some wine and we've only done GV before. Are all the CL rooms full balconies?

Yay! Praying that extra pixie dust will be sprinkled upon you, and you get both Club Level AND a view! pixiedust:

Thank you!!

That makes me feel much better! We actually will be able to hit up breakfast 5 or our 7 park days! I'm praying we get a decent view, DH and I like to sit on the balcony with some wine and we've only done GV before. Are all the CL rooms full balconies?

Thank you!!

Oh, I also forgot to mention that you can see Spaceship Earth off in the distance from a couple of the BC CL SV rooms. I haven't stayed in one of those rooms, but would love to have that view!

Here is a link to the Beach Club Room View thread- the rooms on the 5th floor, 5XXX, are club level. There is an index in the first post, but I don't think I have updated the links recently, so check out the last pages of the thread to see if there are more samples there to give you an idea of possible views.

Beach Club Room Views

No, not all of the CL rooms have full balconies, but a majority do. In the BC CL SV category, I believe only 4-5 rooms out of almost 40 have the smaller balconies, but you should still include "Full balcony, please" as a room request.

::yes::

Oh, I also forgot to mention that you can see Spaceship Earth off in the distance from a couple of the BC CL SV rooms. I haven't stayed in one of those rooms, but would love to have that view!

Here is a link to the Beach Club Room View thread- the rooms on the 5th floor, 5XXX, are club level. There is an index in the first post, but I don't think I have updated the links recently, so check out the last pages of the thread to see if there are more samples there to give you an idea of possible views.

Beach Club Room Views

No, not all of the CL rooms have full balconies, but a majority do. In the BC CL SV category, I believe only 4-5 rooms out of almost 40 have the smaller balconies, but you should still include "Full balcony, please" as a room request.

Thanks Dee, that is super helpful!! I've been reading the CL thread, and it seems (if I read it right) that someone will call or email me to get my requests? Or do I still need to call to put them on there?

Page 1126-1127

Heading back to the Beach Club in June! We stayed there in December of 2016 and loved it. Last time we were there, we didn't spend much time at the resort and didn't use the pool, but this time we are planning to have a couple of off days just swimming.

I've been reading up on here and basically have all of my questions answered, but one...

Do they have music playing at Stormalong Bay while your swimming/laying out?

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

I need to alter my info on the Be Our Guest list. We switched to YC (from BC) to take advantage of the Sun & Fun promotion. Saving over $100 per night made it worth it!

Got it!

:thumbsup2

Does anyone know how long they are expecting to run the "trial" period for dogs at the YC? I'm having my wedding at Disney at the end of April and we were planning on boarding our dogs at Best Friends, but I'm considering switching from BC to YC so our dogs can stay with us. TIA!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:dogdance:

As far as we know, the policy will still be in effect in April. As dansdad points out, the trial period is expected to last a year, but it wouldn't shock me if Disney changes the plans. They seem to be testing policies and adding services, then stopping them after a short trial period- I'm looking at you, MK Cabanas and Express Park Transportation and sadly, Frozen Pineapple Treats available for like a month at Stormalong Bay.

:sad1:

A couple more additions to the Be Our Guest list for later this year please...

Oct 5-8 BC SV
Dec 30-Jan 2 BC SV (our first split stay - 4 nights at POFQ, 3 nights at BC, 4 Nights at Poly)

If we've got APs, might as well get our money's worth, right?

Absolutely!!!

:woohoo:

Dee- Could you please change us from BC to YC for the same dates (5/23-5/26). I found CL there for $88 more so took the plunge!

Nice!

:cool2:

We have decided on September 2019, now to decide between YC or BC?

I love both resorts. Personally, I would check out prices. Lately, it seems like guests have been getting better deals booking at Yacht Club. Not sure if that will be the case when you book, but it is worth investigating.

Wrapping up marathon weekend 2018 and happy to report that we just received our DME voucher for tomorrow’s departure and as announced they’re back to the approximate 3 hour window! The weather for our trip was a tale of two cities; brisk and cold for the races, but not necessarily waiting around before the start and now it’s warm and muggy. Park time was scaled back this trip due to post race chest colds and coughing. We’re in room 531 of the BCVs which has a great long distance view of the Star Wars fireworks as well as the higher fireworks from illuminations. Dunes Cove pool is down for renovations effective today. The flyer did not indicate the duration. I’ll try to get a sense of that today. We’ll be back again for marathon weekend 2019, but before that we have F&W trip to take care of in October.

Thanks for your report.

I have your October trip on the list. Should I pencil in next January, or would you like me to wait until you have booked?

Just wanted to stop by and say HI!

After many years of staying in Mods and Values, my DH and I are staying at BC for Christmas 2018!!! Ahhh, the joys of traveling without kids, my "kids" are 25 and 21 so its just us now.

Our exact dates are 12/25 to 12/30.

Denise

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:flower1:

Sandcastle Club at BC shutting down July 31, 2018.

Thanks for posting the news.

Although I have never used the service, I have only heard positive feedback. This is a shame for parents who used this service for a well-deserved adult break during a family vacation.

:sad2:

My wonderful TA sent me a gift today. It's a BC scented candle! It smells so much like the BC lobby. Thought I'd share for those who are always on the search for the scent! It's made by Walter & Rosie Candle Co. www.walterandrosiecandleco.com I don't know if this has been one mentioned before. $17/candle and they are inspired by Disney resorts.

What a great thank you present!

I think I have info about the Walter & Rosie Candle in the scent post, but I'll add your first-hand testimonial.

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Thanks Dee, that is super helpful!! I've been reading the CL thread, and it seems (if I read it right) that someone will call or email me to get my requests? Or do I still need to call to put them on there?

It has been more than a year since my last CL stay, and it was still the individual resort concierge service at that time, rather than the new Signature Services so the info you are getting on the Cl page is more current than my experience.

That being said, I like to cover as many bases as possible, so I suggest calling in your request through the normal Central Reservations Office AND let DSS know your preferences as well. If they don't contact you, reach out to them.

[QUOTE="natebenma, post: 58667283, member: 203544]

Thanks for your report.

I have your October trip on the list. Should I pencil in next January, or would you like me to wait until you have booked?

[/QUOTE]
You can pencil us in for 1/9 - 1/17/18. I’ll be making our ressies on 2/9 and will confirm then. BTW DME 7:20 pickup at BC for 10:30 flight. Arrived at 8:10 and cleared security (non TSA Pre) at 8:40.

Hi. Considering turning our May trip into a split stay with Beach Club but have a question. Traveling as a family of three but with two children who cannot share sleep space. I know not all rooms have daybeds but read that roll aways are available. Has anyone ever had issues receiving one? Looking at possibly booking club level if that helps.

Hi. Considering turning our May trip into a split stay with Beach Club but have a question. Traveling as a family of three but with two children who cannot share sleep space. I know not all rooms have daybeds but read that roll aways are available. Has anyone ever had issues receiving one? Looking at possibly booking club level if that helps.

We've done it a couple of times. DD & DS are young adults so definitely no sharing! I think out of 3 CL(we had LV rooms) stays we had a daybed once. They always sent up a roll away as soon as we knew there was no daybed. Usually got it within 10 minutes. The rooms with a connecting door worked best because of the way the room was laid out. If no connecting it is a little "closer" in the room but we left it set up and just dealt with it. Kids said it was ok but we did make them switch off so no one had it for the entire stay.

My mom and I will be staying at the Yacht Club 1/22/18 - 1/24/18 for the first time. Does anyone who has stayed their recently know if you can request an alarm clock from Housekeeping? I am old school and prefer a traditional alarm clock to my phone and like to be able to see the time easier. If I need to I can bring one from home but it would be easier if I could get one at the resort. Thank you.

My mom and I will be staying at the Yacht Club 1/22/18 - 1/24/18 for the first time. Does anyone who has stayed their recently know if you can request an alarm clock from Housekeeping? I am old school and prefer a traditional alarm clock to my phone and like to be able to see the time easier. If I need to I can bring one from home but it would be easier if I could get one at the resort. Thank you.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

I think you should bring one because I don't think you can count on getting one at the resort. Although a couple of people have had success when requesting an alarm clock for the room, others (including me) did not.

:sad2:

I have SAB question... (Lol, my new phone just changed SAB to SAAB... Autocorrect, ha)
Are we allowed to bring clip on umbrellas for the pool loungers? Are there any loungers that are either shaded or already have umbrellas? And last but not least, do they rent or sell any?
TIA!!!
NonnaT

We will be staying at the Yacht for the first time over the 4th of July. I have been reviewing info and making plans and need some help.... My son will not start a Disney day without Mickey waffle, what are my choices?

We will be staying at the Yacht for the first time over the 4th of July. I have been reviewing info and making plans and need some help.... My son will not start a Disney day without Mickey waffle, what are my choices?
Beach Club Marketplace. Prior to the Market at Ale and Compass, it was really the only true QS (not pool bar) where you could get food or fills mugs. Not too far of a walk.

Private dining (room service), or Ale and Compass Restaurant (TS), previously the Captain's Grille.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!