Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Staying at BCV this year. We will have a 13 month old and a 4 month old in a double stroller. Renting a car also for MK and AK days but will walk to EP and boat to HS. I am thinking first floor is best in our situation so we can get outside via patio door instead of walking through hallways, elevators etc with stroller (7 of us going so someone can lock door behind us when we leave the room so it’s not left accessible from the outside.)

We’d also like to be closer to Stormalong Bay and the Beach Club in general as we’ll be eating breakfast there a lot and using refillable mugs, etc. Any room location suggestions that would best fit our needs?

Staying at BCV this year. We will have a 13 month old and a 4 month old in a double stroller. Renting a car also for MK and AK days but will walk to EP and boat to HS. I am thinking first floor is best in our situation so we can get outside via patio door instead of walking through hallways, elevators etc with stroller (7 of us going so someone can lock door behind us when we leave the room so it’s not left accessible from the outside.)

We’d also like to be closer to Stormalong Bay and the Beach Club in general as we’ll be eating breakfast there a lot and using refillable mugs, etc. Any room location suggestions that would best fit our needs?

I don't think you can roll a stroller out the patio directly onto a walkway. There are usually bushes or landscaping of some sort between ground floor patios and walkways.

I don't think you can roll a stroller out the patio directly onto a walkway. There are usually bushes or landscaping of some sort between ground floor patios and walkways.

Agreed, I can't imagine going through the bushes and then potentially grass if you aren't staying in an area that has a path that directly connects to the walkway would be any easier than an elevator and carpeted hallway.

Staying at Yacht Club for the first time during Easter. We usually stay BC, but it was sold out at the AP discount price.

Anything we need to know that's different between the two? Any tips?

Did anybody see that we were #4 on the Dis Boards thread top 10 threads of the year?
http://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-world/the-disboards-top-10-threads-of-2017/

~NM

Thank you for posting this! I had not seen it.

:goodvibes

Did anybody see that we were #4 on the Dis Boards thread top 10 threads of the year?
http://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-world/the-disboards-top-10-threads-of-2017/

I can't wait to hear Dee's acceptance speech....

~NM
COOL!!!

party:

Sorry, way behind here again!

I'll be catching up over the next few days.

Until then, :welcome: to our new friends here!

:goodvibes

I have SAB question... (Lol, my new phone just changed SAB to SAAB... Autocorrect, ha)
Are we allowed to bring clip on umbrellas for the pool loungers? Are there any loungers that are either shaded or already have umbrellas? And last but not least, do they rent or sell any?
TIA!!!
NonnaT

There are a few table/chair sets, near the YC side I believe with umbrellas. There is also some shade available in other areas depending on time of day. I am not aware of any restrictions on clip on umbrellas. I don't believe I have ever seen them for sale or rent at the resorts.

:beach:

We will be staying at the Yacht for the first time over the 4th of July. I have been reviewing info and making plans and need some help.... My son will not start a Disney day without Mickey waffle, what are my choices?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Looks like Poly Rob put your mind at ease about the availability of Mickey waffles.

:cool1:

Won't be catching up anytime soon...wanted to review our stay over Marathon Weekend (before I forget!)

PS...I want to find that BC Lobby scent somewhere...I was surprised that even DH liked it!

Thank you so much for the detailed report!!!

I would like to add it to our review section on Page 1, Post 16.

Was the scent the holiday one (gingerbread) or the usual green aloe and clover scent? I have scent suggestions in the FAQ/Other Useful Info Post for the regular lobby aroma, but not for the seasonal scent.

:magnify:

So booked a split stay (first time ever staying at an Epcot area resort). Pool View at the Poly on May 17th-May 22nd and Standard View Club Level at the Yacht Club May 22nd- May 27th. It will be me and my DD 15 and my DS 10 (16 & 11 at time of travel)

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

When you make your room request, ask for daybed if possible, children of opposite gender.

:woohoo:

We’ll be staying at the Villas 11/27-12/11!

I'll add you to the list.

:dogdance:

So we will be checking in on Friday and I’m putting together my PrimeNow order. We used it at Poly in August and it worked out great. I know this resort has the convention center where packages go is it the same for PrimeNow? We stayed at BC 2 years ago and used Garden Grocer but can’t remember if we were charged for the delivery from disney for the life of me. Can someone help me out? Be packing for the kids (3,2,1) and my brain seems to be fried :crazy:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

I think you should bring one because I don't think you can count on getting one at the resort. Although a couple of people have had success when requesting an alarm clock for the room, others (including me) did not.

:sad2:

Thanks for your response and past experience. I'll make sure to pack a small clock.

I looked at various menus for the lounges and Hurrican Hannah's and did not see the Sunken Treasure listed. Has anyone been successful requesting one recently? I thinnk this is a drink my mom would enjoy during our visit. Thanks.

Thanks for your response and past experience. I'll make sure to pack a small clock.

I looked at various menus for the lounges and Hurrican Hannah's and did not see the Sunken Treasure listed. Has anyone been successful requesting one recently? I thinnk this is a drink my mom would enjoy during our visit. Thanks.

My Aunt ordered one this afternoon.

Page 1129

So looking forward to our first stay at the YC February 10-15! It is going to be so great to walk to Epcot for the Arts Festival. Glad to see all these positive post about the YC! We got a good deal back in Oct. with the Visa discount. I am so excited 29 days to go! Thanks for all of the useful info! Now to decide on our room request.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

There is some info on room requests on Page 1, Post 13- Frequently Asked Questions.

What view category did you book?

What is important to your family? View? Location (Near lobby, elevator)? Daybed? Quiet?

Your room request should be based on your priorities.

:thumbsup2

Hi All,
Just back. Just an FYI...

I sent 2 boxes to the resort from Amazon. Both were held at the convention center. One box was small, and they charged me $10. The other was an Amazon Pantry box (weighing 47 lbs). They charged me $30 for that one.... So $44 for both boxes with tax. I am not complaining, just offering my experience!

I also ordered from Garden Grocer. That was brought to my room by bell services, and I tipped him $20.

Also, this summer I sent the same size boxes to GF, and was not charged by the convention center. Perhaps they fell through the cracks?

Argh! I wish I knew this! I thought that was exorbitant! Any money I saved ordering drinks and snacks was absorbed by this fee! I should have questioned it! THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW!!!

Ack! I should call!

You should definitely call for an explanation. I'll see if I have the number posted with my Convention Center/shipping post, but I'm not sure I do.

You could always start with the Yacht Club number and see if they can connect you.

::yes::

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the price of the wine at the Market at Ale and Compass is by the bottle? Here are some examples:

Kenwood Yulupa - white zinfandel $11.00

La Crema - pinot noir $23.00

Conundrum - red blend $27.00

Parducci - merlot $11.00

Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi - cabernet sauvignon $7.50

When is your trip?

These are pictures I took at the Beach Club Marketplace in October 2017.

I'll zoom in and give you a couple of prices in a minute.

DSCF9517.jpg

DSCF9518.jpg

Kris Pinot $19.95
Iron Horse Sparkling Wine $35
Bellafina Pink Moscato $16.95
McManis Chardonnay $18.95
Soleil Mimosa $21
King Estate Pinot $15
Flip Flop Sparkling Wine (can) $9

Last edited:
So we will be checking in on Friday and I’m putting together my PrimeNow order. We used it at Poly in August and it worked out great. I know this resort has the convention center where packages go is it the same for PrimeNow? We stayed at BC 2 years ago and used Garden Grocer but can’t remember if we were charged for the delivery from disney for the life of me. Can someone help me out? Be packing for the kids (3,2,1) and my brain seems to be fried :crazy:

Amazon Prime Now comes to the resort from a local delivery person and thus should be delivered to Bell Services. Disney should not charge you.

Disney does not charge a "fee" when you get a delivery from Garden Grocer to BC/YC - we use it every time we go and it's always been a godsend (the alcohol of course)
Thank you! That’s what I was thinking I did but wasn’t sure if I was confusing trips. Thanks for the help!

I think the poster doesn't know what "infamous" means.

"Famous" would be a better adjective for SAB.

I had the funny feeling that's not what he meant. Unless it's infamous for not allowing pool hopping :tongue:

Question about Sandcastle Club. We will be staying at BC for the first time in July, right before Sandcastle Club closes. On Disney's website it mentions interactions with characters. Does anyone have experience with this? I am wondering if my girls would like to go just for the characters and activities. I tried to book Wonderland Tea party again, but wanted to go on a Sunday and they only offer the tea party on weekdays (they did the tea party 2 years ago and LOVED it). Just wondering if this may be a substitute "fun activity" for them....then my husband and I can hit the Boardwalk for a few hours!!!

We will be at Yacht club for Easter in a Pool/Lagoon View ! Hoping we get something close to the pool as it would be easy with the kids. Are my chances of that pretty good with a pool view/ ocean view? anything else I should try and ask for?

Page 1130

I am really enjoying hanging out on this thread again. Congratulations Dee and all the posters who have contributed to making this #4 in 2017! I am not surprised. :)
So, one of the things I do when I am planning a trip, (besides hanging out on the DIS), is to read the hotel reviews on Trip Advisor. I was really surprised to see so many negative reviews of the BC! Some saying that they could hear the people very clearly in the next room, complaints about mousekeeping, and maintenance issues. Some even said the rooms looked tired and run down. These are recent reviews too, post refurb. Any thoughts?

I haven't stayed at the Beach Club since 2015, so I don't really have recent experience to speak to.

I hear about issues with the mousekeeping frequently, so I believe this is a legitimate problem- is the same true at all resorts or unique to this location? I don't know.

Mixed comments on the sound- some say the rooms are quiet, some say they can hear their neighbors breathing. As others have suggested, a lot depends on who the family is in the room next to you.

Transportation issues- again, a mixed bag. Some people have experienced great service, others have reported unreasonable wait times. The good news is that buses are only needed for MK and AK with the Yacht & Beach Club.

As far as the rooms looking tired and run down- again, I don't know, but I will comment that light tan may not have been the correct choice for the carpeting in the rooms...

are pool noodles allowed at SAB? If so, in the lazy river?

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

Yes, pool noodles are permitted in Stormalong Bay, including the lazy river. They are usually for sale in the resort gift shops, but last time I checked the price it was $5 per noodle! If possible, bring them from home or purchase from a local dept store while there.

On a related note- pool floats, single and double tubes are readily available at the pool free of charge. I have been able to secure a float even during hot, busy times of the year.

:fish:

I was reading the same reviews on Trip Advisor a few days ago. Not good. It will be our first stay at BC in March. Any thoughts on the room noise, transportation, mousekeeping reviews?

Thanks for the good reply! This helps me a lot! I am thinking we need to add the Park Hopper option to enjoy the best of BC's perks...location and expanding our dining options. :)

OK, BC lovers ...get us excited about our March trip. What are your favorite things and/or pro-tips for our stay? :)

Also, we have a lagoon/pool view and are hoping for a full balcony. Does anyone have a favorite room # with a lagoon view? :)

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Yes, a Park Hopper is a great idea when staying at the Yacht & Beach Club. You will be amazed at how quick and easy it is to get to EPCOT from there. Many guests visit EPCOT at least once a day during their trips.

If you haven't had a chance to read over Page 1 on this thread, there are a ton of pictures and lots of good info about the resort. Post 13, FAQ and Post 14, Other Useful Information contain the best tips and suggestions we have compiled over the years.

Just got back from our stay at BC (the 6th-13th of Jan)

*snip*

For our family, we wouldn't choose to stay here again. I would consider BWI if we were doing another january trip and unlikely to swim often just for the convenience of the walk to Epcot and DHS. Not to be a downer on this thread, I just wanted to give my take for others who have never stayed here before. I can see the appeal for sure and if you don't mind the bustling, busy-ness of the BC. I like a little slower pace, so AKL is still our favorite with Poly close behind. On to WL next time!

Thank you for this review and sharing your thoughts about your stay. I would like to include your comments in our review section for the resort if that is ok with you.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!