Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We are headed to BC next week. We have a garden/ woods view booked. I just spoke with a cast member to request a room at the BC near Epcot. Not a theme park view, just a room close to the International Gateway. She said that all garden/woods view rooms were close to Epcot so I did not need to add that to the reservation. Is this correct? We don't really have any other requests. Should I call back and word things differently?

We are headed to BC next week. We have a garden/ woods view booked. I just spoke with a cast member to request a room at the BC near Epcot. Not a theme park view, just a room close to the International Gateway. She said that all garden/woods view rooms were close to Epcot so I did not need to add that to the reservation. Is this correct? We don't really have any other requests. Should I call back and word things differently?

Call back and hopefully get a more informed/helpful CM. No need to reword your request.

I just pulled out my YC/BC map from our stay in December. IF I am reading it correctly the east end of the building looks closest to EPCOT. Maybe you could put that in your request. Again, it's a BIG "IF" I am reading the map correctly. Maybe someone with better knowledge can confirm.

Did anybody see that we were #4 on the Dis Boards thread top 10 threads of the year?
http://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-world/the-disboards-top-10-threads-of-2017/

I can't wait to hear Dee's acceptance speech....

~NM

OK, my original one word acceptance speech "Cool!" wasn't exactly my best work. I finally had some time to think about what I wanted to say, and here it is:

I am very thankful to everyone who contributes to the friendliest forum on the DIS. I am proud that this little project that I manage "in my spare time" is currently at 1,133 pages, with more than 22,000 posts and I can count on one hand the number of times the discussion has veered into negative territory.

Together, we have helped countless people have the best stay possible at my favorite resort at the Happiest Place on Earth.

:banana::banana::banana:

I just pulled out my YC/BC map from our stay in December. IF I am reading it correctly the east end of the building looks closest to EPCOT. Maybe you could put that in your request. Again, it's a BIG "IF" I am reading the map correctly. Maybe someone with better knowledge can confirm.

You are correct. The east end of the resort is the closest to EPCOT.

I learned that during my first stay at the Beach Club. We were there during a shuttle launch and I asked the greeter there where we could see it. Teena, who is now a dear friend, told us to go into EPCOT and look east, towards Mexico.

And we saw the shuttle, briefly, as it blasted off over the pyramid.

:thumbsup2

I learned that during my first stay at the Beach Club. We were there during a shuttle launch and I asked the greeter there where we could see it. Teena, who is now a dear friend, told us to go into EPCOT and look east, towards Mexico.

And we saw the shuttle, briefly, as it blasted off over the pyramid.

:thumbsup2
Thanks for confirming Dee. Being told to look east to Mexico would have really messed with this Oregon girls head! Lol
How cool to see a shuttle launch!

Caught up!

I have updated the Be Our Guest list with additions from the past few pages.

When you have a moment, please take a peek the list to see if I have the correct information for your trip.

We recently made a change from BC to Yacht Club for our 4/21-4/29 stay. Please make our change on the Be Our Guest List.

We were able to save $1200 with the switch when taking advantage of the current discount. Only Club Level rooms were available with the discount at BC.

Thank you so much! Can't wait for our visit!

I'm trying to convince my 74 year old mother who will be joining us for our 9 day stay to YC in late April that she may need an ECV Scooter.

She is slowly starting to swallow her pride and accept I may be right. We are beginning now to explore if we should rent one right at the parks themselves, only to be used within parks, or if we should rent from an outside vendor so that she can have access for use at the YC resort as well.

Where are ECV's typically stored overnight?
Do they easily fit in non-handicapped rooms?
Are they allowed to be stored in hallways?
Are they easy to put on and off of boat transportation?

Any input is appreciated!

Last edited:
I'm trying to convince my 74 year old mother who will be joining us for our 9 day stay to YC in late April that she may need an ECV Scooter.

She is slowly starting to swallow her pride and accept I may be right. We are beginning now to explore if we should rent one right at the parks themselves, only to be used within parks, or if we should rent from an outside vendor so that she can have access for use at the YC resort as well.

The answer is "yes." Check out further info:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...disabled-1st-trip-next-trip-wish-trip.595713/

I do not have direct experience with using an ECV at Disney, so I can't comment on the ease of use on the boats.

ECVs should be stored in the guest's resort room to recharge. I don't think they are prohibited from being stored in hallways, but that is not the best place to charge them while not in use for a couple of reasons- there may not be an outlet nearby, and if there is, there have been cases where someone was charging their scooter and came back to find it unplugged (not charged) because someone else was using the outlet.

::yes::

Last edited:
Hi there! quick question... Thinking of possibly switching our December trip at the WL to the BC in May... We would book standard view. My question is, we are traveling with another family and would like connecting rooms. Are there standard view rooms with connecting doors? I looked at the detailed room map of the resort and I think I can tell which ones have connecting rooms. Can anyone confirm that for instance rooms 3709-3711 would be connecting rooms according to the map? Thanks!

I don't know if those two rooms are connecting or not.

From the Beach Club Room Views thread (on the Resorts Community subforum) there are two posts about Room 3711, but neither addresses whether the room has a connecting door

Room 3711

Rooms 3711-3717

In any case, if you do make the switch, I would advise against requesting specific room numbers, but instead make a request that lets the room assigners know what is important to you:

"Travelling with X Family, Reservation #, Connecting Rooms preferred"

:)

Last edited:
Has anyone ever used the Shipshape Salon with kids? It says they have "Storybook Styles" that include hair, makeup, and nails to transform them into classic Disney characters. They also offer kid manicures and pedicures. Just looking for something "extra" for my girls this trip. They will be 10 and 8 this trip and since we are staying at BC, this would be very convenient if it is worth the cost. TIA!

They also do something similar to this at the spa at the GF, I think they called it Perfectly Prepared Princess. We had one scheduled for DD8 last June at GF but she decided a few days prior she didn't want to. (We've had not-so-great experiences at BBB and the mermaid makeover thing - she gets really ill for some reason - I think it's nerves). When I made my reservation the CM told me it's basically the same make over as BBB but without the dress and it's just more "grown-up". They have different packages just like at BBB but I think it's slightly more expensive. I have read about on another thread and it got good reviews.

Also, for something extra that's a very reasonable price, check out the Albatross Cruise. We've done this 2 years in a row now for DD, at 6 and 7, she LOVES it. We'll be doing it again this year. It's $39 for a two hour cruise.

We've changed our dates for this summer so we will now be at the BC over July 4th again! We were there for the 4th in 2015 and 2016 and missed being there on the holiday last year. We will be there June 26-July 5, after 1 night Pop and 4 nights POFQ. The first 5 nights are subject to change once the AP discounts come out, I'd really like to go back to AKL but it depends on the discount.

You need to bring the ECV into your room at night to charge it. It shouldn’t be left in the hallways.
They fit fine. You can “ disengage” the controls and manually position it in the entrance to the room. It would be best if someone could help you Mom dothat. I would drive to the door then DH would walk it into the room facing out so I could just drive out in the morning. It was quick and easy to do.
It is very easy to get on the boats. The Captain will put down a ramp to bridge the boat and dock and you just drive it on.
Your Mom should practice when she first receives the ECV. It takes intense concentration in the parks as others stop short in front of you, dart in front of you, walk into you etc. I found it very tiring.
She will need to be able to back up as well.
Good Luck

I would rent from an offsite company, from what I read on this forum is it’s a lot cheaper than renting at the parks, and the scooters are smaller.
I agree with Dee and others about storing in your room.

I know this isn't the question you asked, but I wanted to suggest that renting a wheelchair for your mom might be a good option. My DD and I did that for my mom a couple of years ago and found it was much easier to manage and maneuver than the ECV. Mom is on the smaller side, so it wasn't hard on DD and me from a physical standpoint. As another poster noted, it gets stressful trying to stop and go and watch out for others. We wanted to relieve her of that stress and it worked well. Getting the wheelchair from an off site service was perfect for our situation.

I know this isn't the question you asked, but I wanted to suggest that renting a wheelchair for your mom might be a good option. My DD and I did that for my mom a couple of years ago and found it was much easier to manage and maneuver than the ECV. Mom is on the smaller side, so it wasn't hard on DD and me from a physical standpoint. As another poster noted, it gets stressful trying to stop and go and watch out for others. We wanted to relieve her of that stress and it worked well. Getting the wheelchair from an off site service was perfect for our situation.

We also had a rented wheelchair for our mom. It worked out so much better as we too were very worried about how she would handle the start and stop in the crowds and in the stores. The wheelchair allowed her to walk when she wanted, which was alot more than we thought she would, that was a big plus for her. She also used it to hold onto when she wanted to stand. We took turns pushing her around. It really worked out well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!