Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We also had a rented wheelchair for our mom. It worked out so much better as we too were very worried about how she would handle the start and stop in the crowds and in the stores. The wheelchair allowed her to walk when she wanted, which was alot more than we thought she would, that was a big plus for her. She also used it to hold onto when she wanted to stand. We took turns pushing her around. It really worked out well.
I have seen people in the parks using the wheelchair much like a walker.

I'm trying to convince my 74 year old mother who will be joining us for our 9 day stay to YC in late April that she may need an ECV Scooter.

She is slowly starting to swallow her pride and accept I may be right. We are beginning now to explore if we should rent one right at the parks themselves, only to be used within parks, or if we should rent from an outside vendor so that she can have access for use at the YC resort as well.

Where are ECV's typically stored overnight?
Do they easily fit in non-handicapped rooms?
Are they allowed to be stored in hallways?
Are they easy to put on and off of boat transportation?

Any input is appreciated!

I heartily recommend renting from an outside vendor. Saves time & money. For our past 2 trips at BC we have used Buena Vista scooter rental. They can deliver (& pick up when you’re done) at bell services, you don’t need to be present.
The scooter fit fine in our non handicap room by the door to the balcony.
My mom had no problem getting on/off the buses and boats. I took her to the grocery store to practice on the scooters there before our trip. If she can drive those huge ones at the grocery store, she will have no trouble with a rental. Buena Vista has a smaller, portable model that was more compact & super easy to get around on.
My mom also didn’t want to admit she needed a scooter, but loves it now.
Yes, she will have to be vigilant about the crowds, but before we went the scooter route we also had people cutting in front of the wheelchair, and I will admit we accidentally clipped of few of them. And I will say that after a week of pushing my only 98 pound mom around in the wheelchair, even with taking turns, it was exhausting. There are more hills than it seems.
Any questions don’t hesitate to ask ! And have a great trip

Last edited:
I used an ECV this past December due to a stress fracture. We were in a Boardwalk studio and I was able to keep it in the corner by the lock off door with no problems. We rented from an offsite company that gave a DVC discount (in case you're DVC).

DH didn't want to admit he needed an ECV on the ships and at the resort. 4 years later he is a happy camper which makes me happy too. We will be away for 2 weeks in February land/sea/land and we just called in our order with Walker Mobility for a 12 day rental. ECV will fit in ASMo pre-cruise and YC post-cruise. We have an accessible cabin on the ship.
I like finishing up our trip at the Yacht Club because if DH is tired out I can take him back to the resort then go out by myself. Works for both of us.

Hi there! quick question... Thinking of possibly switching our December trip at the WL to the BC in May... We would book standard view. My question is, we are traveling with another family and would like connecting rooms. Are there standard view rooms with connecting doors? I looked at the detailed room map of the resort and I think I can tell which ones have connecting rooms. Can anyone confirm that for instance rooms 3709-3711 would be connecting rooms according to the map? Thanks!

We stayed in 3711 @ BC. I don't remember if that was connecting or not. I will check with the kids later to see if they remember. Since it had the daybed we didn't need the roll away. We only had one room that we needed a roll away that wasn't a connecting room but I can't remember for the daybed room.

Hi! Been reading along for a very long time and finally booked my reservation from July 23-26. We are staying in garden/woods view room and I would like to be placed in a room other than those facing Epcot or back to the villas as those appear to have a very woodsy view - I would prefer more of the garden and hoping for a "crane your neck to see the water" location:). Can anyone recommend how I should word that request on my reservation? Thank you!

E635E1F0-1D7C-4BC0-BC61-66C955FB895F.jpeg
We generally have 2 ECV’s and both fit in the room at BC. The really nice thing is the cabinet with the tv has plenty of outlets so we are able to charge them overnight easily. I hope the photo shows you there is still plenty of room to walk past. If you have more questions, feel free to send me a message. I’ll be glad to help.

I'm trying to convince my 74 year old mother who will be joining us for our 9 day stay to YC in late April that she may need an ECV Scooter.

She is slowly starting to swallow her pride and accept I may be right. We are beginning now to explore if we should rent one right at the parks themselves, only to be used within parks, or if we should rent from an outside vendor so that she can have access for use at the YC resort as well.

We recently made a change from BC to Yacht Club for our 4/21-4/29 stay. Please make our change on the Be Our Guest List.

We were able to save $1200 with the switch when taking advantage of the current discount. Only Club Level rooms were available with the discount at BC.

Thank you so much! Can't wait for our visit!

Thanks! We will be staying at BC from 3/20-3/27 :) Thanks for adding us!

Hi! Been reading along for a very long time and finally booked my reservation from July 23-26. We are staying in garden/woods view room and I would like to be placed in a room other than those facing Epcot or back to the villas as those appear to have a very woodsy view - I would prefer more of the garden and hoping for a "crane your neck to see the water" location:). Can anyone recommend how I should word that request on my reservation? Thank you!
Ask for a room near the volleyball court and you could get a "crane your neck to see the water" location. :)

Dee, please change our info on the BOG list. We are no longer going 9/6 - 9/16/18. Instead we are 12/7 - 12/14 (CBR) and then 12/14 - 12/18 (BC). Thanks.

Last edited:
View attachment 296302
We generally have 2 ECV’s and both fit in the room at BC. The really nice thing is the cabinet with the tv has plenty of outlets so we are able to charge them overnight easily. I hope the photo shows you there is still plenty of room to walk past. If you have more questions, feel free to send me a message. I’ll be glad to help.
FWIW, when we stayed at a "CLUTCH YOUR PEARLS" different resort* this past December (GASP!!!), I saw ECVs being charged in the hallways of two different buildings.

*We own the equivalent of a drawer handle at the Poly. :stitch2: Saw two hallway ECVs in our DVC building, and two in Rarotonga.

FWIW, when we stayed at a "CLUTCH YOUR PEARLS" different resort* this past December (GASP!!!), I saw ECVs being charged in the hallways of two different buildings.

*We own the equivalent of a drawer handle at the Poly. :stitch2: Saw two hallway ECVs in our DVC building, and two in Rarotonga.

Nothing to be embarrassed about. It can happen to the best of us!

::yes::

Maybe I am missing it, but does the beach club have microwaves in the rooms?

They do not. You can request one from housekeeping and if there is one available, it will be provided free of charge. There are also microwaves available for guest use in the BC Marketplace

:goodvibes

They do not. You can request one from housekeeping and if there is one available, it will be provided free of charge. There are also microwaves available for guest use in the BC Marketplace

:goodvibes

Thank you! If needed I’ll run to the market place! DD is only picky about breakfast so trying to make sure we have stuff she will eat the joys of a toddler

We stayed at BC last Jan/Feb. we got a scooter from Buena Vista Rentals. Super convenient and reasonably priced. We left ours in the hall to charge each night. But it fit in our room when necessary. No battery issues.

On a side note, the user was my 46 yo husband. His knee starts to bother him with all the walking on concrete. He loves using it. He can keep up with the kids and I without being in excruciating pain. I hope your mother will see the benefit!

Hi everyone. We're headed to the Beach Club (our first stay there!) in about 10 days and am thinking about trying Safeway grocery delivery as I think Garden Grocer has gotten so expensive! Has anyone else used them and had any issues? I've read that the delivery times are limited for Garden Grocer to this resort, is this the same for all deliveries there? Don't want any issues, but not interested in overpaying for a few groceries either. Very interested in your opinions. Thanks!

Does anyone know if the Yacht/Beach Club does anything extra activities wise for July 4th? And is watching the Epcot fireworks from the resort a good way to see them, or would going in the park be much better?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!