Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Is it close to the lobby? The layout of Yacht Club is still unfamiliar to me!

Mmm not super close to the lobby, weirdly enough this room was right next to the one my husband and I had on honeymoon! Spooky. So I'm pretty familiar with this walk and it's not short. Having said that - if you head out of this room in the direction away from the lobby (bear with me) you get to the stairs immediately and that takes you out the secret entrance. If you look at my pic you can see the path directly below our room and that's where the door is. That then gives you an idea of the walk/distance to the lobby using the outside way. We used this almost all the time and it was much quicker for getting to Epcot/Boardwalk!

Hey guys! We are exactly 3 months out from our first BCV stay! I’m really looking forward to it!! We have been watching videos online, trying to make the wait not feel so long! I still have not put in a room/view request. I’m still not sure what to even request, or if it’s even necessary. What do you guys think?
The location that you don’t want is close to the parking lot and road. Traffic can be noisy, especially when it rains. We like to be as close to the Beach Club as possible. So a request to be close to the main elevators would be good. :)

Roughly half of BCV faces the woods and the other half faces the pool and parking lot. We have always been in a villa that faced towards the woods. We usually had a partial view of the fireworks through the trees.

The location that you don’t want is close to the parking lot and road. Traffic can be noisy, especially when it rains. We like to be as close to the Beach Club as possible. So a request to be close to the main elevators would be good. :)

Roughly half of BCV faces the woods and the other half faces the pool and parking lot. We have always been in a villa that faced towards the woods. We usually had a partial view of the fireworks through the trees.

Thank you very much for your reply!! Great advice, thank you!!

Can someone tell me where we’d pick up an Amazon PrimeNow order? I downloaded the app and this seems like a great option for breakfast and drinks. I’m just confused if there’s any fees involved, either on Amazon’s or Disney’s end.

Can someone tell me where we’d pick up an Amazon PrimeNow order? I downloaded the app and this seems like a great option for breakfast and drinks. I’m just confused if there’s any fees involved, either on Amazon’s or Disney’s end.
I haven't used it but my understanding is that they deliver to Bell Services.

Hi all! Can you request a full balcony room as one of the online check in request options? If not, what is the best way to make this request?

Hello- could you please add me to the Be Our Guest List?

YC July 15-17

We are stopping by for a couple days on the way back from a wedding and to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. We really wanted to stay at the BC, but the discount at the YC was so much better that we couldn't resist.

I've used it at other Disney resorts, and they delivered to Bell Services. I'm sure it would be the same for BC/YC :)

I will be checking-in to the BC in about 48 hours and plan on purchasing a small case of Dasani. I will report back what I find!

Can you please report back if they are doing the Easter baskets in the gift shop this year? Also if they have any Easter activities posted. Thank you!

Easter Egg display at the Beach Club:

Oh my gosh, that is great! Anyone know if t hey have ever done something like that before? Or how long it will stay up? I have been wanting to see the display at GF & now I want to see this too. We don' arrive til the 14th, so 2 weeks after Easter. :guilty:

I might have to plan next year's trip closer to Easter & brave the crowds!

We're returning! I snatched a garden view room at Yacht Club that was not initially showing up as a room Category available in the summer discount. I find it strange that Yacht Club rooms remain cheaper than Beach Club for same view categories after the refurb. We are booked 7/7-11, at the end of a trip that starts at Coronado Springs and includes time on the Gulf. Of course, you all know what the highlight of the trip will be! Storm-a-long Bay! Last July, we stayed in a refurbed room (with plastic still covering some closet parts, so pretty sure we were the first guests), with rooms in close proximity to those still under construction. I am looking forward to having access to all the doors, hallways, and still have the lovely new room. (Although I will miss the carpeted floors.)

I've used it at other Disney resorts, and they delivered to Bell Services. I'm sure it would be the same for BC/YC :)
Yes, they deliver to Bell Services. I got an email that it had been delivered and when we got back to the hotel I had the bell desk bring it to the room. They didn't automatically bring it up like I had heard they would, so some of the cold stuff was warming up.

I find it strange that Yacht Club rooms remain cheaper than Beach Club for same view categories after the refurb.

I don't know this first hand, but I saw a report from another forum regarding guests who have stayed at YC recently where the dogs are becoming an issue. Our YC stay was in December (dog program had just taken effect) and we didn't run into any problems ourselves. Evidently, there are more of them now and Disney is supposedly doing a poor job of enforcing the policies designed to prevent them from disturbing others guests' vacation. YMMV.

I don't know this first hand, but I saw a report from another forum regarding guests who have stayed at YC recently where the dogs are becoming an issue. Our YC stay was in December (dog program had just taken effect) and we didn't run into any problems ourselves. Evidently, there are more of them now and Disney is supposedly doing a poor job of enforcing the policies designed to prevent them from disturbing others guests' vacation. YMMV.
Hmm. That is unpleasant to hear. My DH has strong allergies to dog fur. He would be fine walking near them, but not in a room that a dog had stayed in. I also just don't like dogs. (Sorry to pet lovers.) my kids on the other hand would love sharing a hotel with dogs. Has anyone with allergies had a stay on Yacht Club side that could advise?

Hmm. That is unpleasant to hear. My DH has strong allergies to dog fur. He would be fine walking near them, but not in a room that a dog had stayed in. I also just don't like dogs. (Sorry to pet lovers.) my kids on the other hand would love sharing a hotel with dogs. Has anyone with allergies had a stay on Yacht Club side that could advise?

Actually, I happen to have a severe allergy to dogs. We booked YC just before the "great dog experiment". As soon as I found out, I called and voiced my concerns at which point I was told I would get a "pet free" room. It was really a non-issue as I said above, because I think the vast majority of people who stayed there when I did had already made plans prior to the policy change. Come to find out however, there's no such thing as a "pet-free" room. There's a very good thread on this board regarding the lack of consistency with the policies regarding dogs. I really wasn't enamored with the feel of YC anyway, but wouldn't even consider it now given the dog thing.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...-disneys-policies-on-dogs-at-resorts.3641677/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter