Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just back from our 4 night stay at YC CL. I think we are now YC converts. BC will always be at the top of our favorite resorts but we found so much to love. We were sprinkled with some pixie dust and were moved from a GV CL room to a LV CL room. We were in room 5175. Looked out over the back entrance towards the lighthouse. Great view. Loved the renovations. Such a nice closet/shelf area. Room had a shower/tub, 2 queens, a day bed and connected to 5173 . We were just a few rooms away from the lounge. Room was quiet. We had wonderful CMs while there. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Overheard some management in the lounge discussing how to do things better, so it seems that they are actively working to make the CL even better-things for flow around the food and the kids area, etc. Only saw 2 dogs in the lobby during our stay. No other sightings and never heard any barking. Got some paninis in the Marketplace that were good. Overall one of our best resort stays at WDW.
Congrats on the pixie dust. Awesome view from that room, we were in 5173 in January.

Anyone else getting/hearing autoplay ads when you try to navigate on the DIS? This is the only website I am having trouble with- the technical support pages here have not helped.

I have also tried logging out of and into the DIS and I am still having the same issues.

Have changed between Microsoft Explorer and Edge, but this is happening on both platforms.

Will probably try an adblocker to see if that helps, but just want to know if others are having this issue.

Anyone else getting/hearing autoplay ads when you try to navigate on the DIS? This is the only website I am having trouble with- the technical support pages here have not helped.

I have also tried logging out of and into the DIS and I am still having the same issues.

Have changed between Microsoft Explorer and Edge, but this is happening on both platforms.

Will probably try an adblocker to see if that helps, but just want to know if others are having this issue.
I use an adblocker called Ghostery and haven't had any autoplay ads on the Dis at all. You can right click on the tab and select "mute tab" to see if that helps with the noise.

Last edited:

I’ve been having the same when using Explorer. And an annoying scrolling banner when on iPad/Safari. I’ve seen suggestions to use Google Chrome as browser to fix both but haven’t tried it yet.

We booked a last minute trip yesterday when airfare became "reasonable" for a 4th of July trip. Our dates are June 30th to July 5th - Yacht Club garden view. We are excited to stay in a remodeled room. We had a great time with the 4th of July activities at the YC/BC last year that we wanted to return - even though we will be there earlier in June. :)

Yes, on Safari. Finally downloaded an ad blocker. Works like a charm.

ETA: except now I am constantly having to log back in...may be the end of Dis for me :headache:. Good luck!

We booked a last minute trip yesterday when airfare became "reasonable" for a 4th of July trip. Our dates are June 30th to July 5th - Yacht Club garden view. We are excited to stay in a remodeled room. We had a great time with the 4th of July activities at the YC/BC last year that we wanted to return - even though we will be there earlier in June. :)

Fun! Two trips in one month. You can’t beat that!

Yes, on Safari. Finally downloaded an ad blocker. Works like a charm.

ETA: except now I am constantly having to log back in...may be the end of Dis for me :headache:. Good luck!
I've had to play with the ad blocker and allow certain things, like Google Analytics, in order to have the website function properly.

Quick question,

Approximately how long does it take to travel from YC to either of the waterparks using Disney transportation? I'm pretty sure we have to go to Disney springs and then bus hop but I'm not sure how long this will take. I was hoping we could visit the waterparks mid day to cool down if the travel isn't crazy.

Thank you

Yes, drives me insane! Loud constant ads that I sometimes can’t even see to try to stop; but it doesn’t matter because stopping them doesn’t help! Sometimes 2 of the same ad play at once. I posted somewhere and it was moved to the technical board but no help other than suggesting an ad blocker which I haven’t tried yet. Honestly i have no idea how to try one. If you read the tech boards lots of people are having this problem but no one official has ever addressed it at all that I can see. It only happens to me on this site. I have been turning my volume off, which is annoying but at least it is a stopgap. I have also noticed tons of ads on the dis even when I am signed in that never used to be there. Some that scroll along with me and are super annoying!

I am seeing a near constant ad banner that I can not turn off while browsing on my iPad. Only when I am on the DIS.
I think the DIS technical team needs to help. I too am close to leaving the DIS after decades here

I am seeing a near constant ad banner that I can not turn off while browsing on my iPad. Only when I am on the DIS.
I think the DIS technical team needs to help. I too am close to leaving the DIS after decades here

Have had the same on my iPad. I logged out, cleared history and website data, logged back in and ... knock on wood... haven’t seen the scrolling ad banner.

I do not have the issue with Chrome or Firefox.

Thanks for all the replies to the my question about the annoying autoplay ads and the suggestions to deal with the issue. I'll let you know what works for me! (For now I have heaphones plugged in)

:thumbsup2

Don't you love a fire alarm at 230am!!!

Don't know what happened but it was a scramble down the stairs and the noise in the room was too much for my little one luckily we had her headphones to hand to shove on. It was quite an experience!

We were all back in our rooms 1 hour later.

We exited the fire escape but there was no path and had to walk through the bushes which had the sprinklers on!!

We were there too. We actually just ended up leaving at 3:00AM since it was our last night anyway. Not fun. Wish we knew what happened. Looked like lots of people didn’t have their Magic Bands to get back into the room.

So sorry for all of you who had to go through this experience.

:faint:

I would say I feel your pain, because I was the victim of a midnight fire alarm at the Beach Club, but for a number of reasons, the memory brings nothing but smiles to my face. You can read all about it here, from "What Happens at the Beach Club" trip report. This chapter includes some treasured memories like spending time with a dear friend for the first time and wishing I could do it again, and meeting another zany friend (~NinjaMom) under suspicious circumstances. Oh, yeah, and Sunken Treasures, too!

Sunken Treasure with a Treasured Friend and Late Night PJ Party (THIS IS NOT A DRILL!)

:goodvibes

Page 1228-1229

Just back from our 4 night stay at YC CL. I think we are now YC converts. BC will always be at the top of our favorite resorts but we found so much to love. We were sprinkled with some pixie dust and were moved from a GV CL room to a LV CL room. We were in room 5175. Looked out over the back entrance towards the lighthouse. Great view. Loved the renovations. Such a nice closet/shelf area. Room had a shower/tub, 2 queens, a day bed and connected to 5173 . We were just a few rooms away from the lounge. Room was quiet. We had wonderful CMs while there. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Overheard some management in the lounge discussing how to do things better, so it seems that they are actively working to make the CL even better-things for flow around the food and the kids area, etc. Only saw 2 dogs in the lobby during our stay. No other sightings and never heard any barking. Got some paninis in the Marketplace that were good. Overall one of our best resort stays at WDW.

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and loved the YC!

Thanks so much for the details about your room!

:thumbsup2

:welcome: back!

That's awesome!

I know how much you loved the EPCOT fireworks last year.

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Last edited:
I had that annoying floating banner last night, but maybe tech fixed the problem because, knock wood, it's not here tonight. I was ready to leave the DIS too, it was driving me crazy!

ETA: I spoke too soon! While on the News Roundup thread I had an audio ad play out of nowhere. It was very startling. I muted my iPad, but that's not really a solution.

Last edited:
Have had the same on my iPad. I logged out, cleared history and website data, logged back in and ... knock on wood... haven’t seen the scrolling ad banner.

I had that annoying floating banner last night, but maybe tech fixed the problem because, knock wood, it's not here tonight. I was ready to leave the DIS too, it was driving me crazy!
I wonder if it’s been fixed, because I was having an awful time with the ads.

We’ll be checking into the BC in just 12 days. After swearing I wouldn’t fly to Orlando any more after a few awful trips, I found six round trip flights on southwest for about $750. Hoping the flight gods are in our favor, since the last time we flew with the entire crew, it was a bit of a mess. On the plus side, I think the chances of a massive snow storm are very low, so at least we have that on our side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter