Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

The Beach Club has the Solarium, near the Marketplace- Lots of chairs, couches, coffee tables. There are also tables with chairs outside (but covered) across from the Marketplace. At the Yacht Club, up the stairs my husband and I found some seating that was off the beaten path. On our last day, he waited for me there while I took a final dip in the pool.

I'll edit in some pictures:

Solarium

The quiet pools do have some umbrella-covered tables and chairs

quietpool.jpg

"Mark's Corner"

WP_20161021_101.jpg

To give you an idea of where this is, the ledge of this very large open area looks down on this part of the lobby

WP_20161021_099.jpg

I’m going to do a very poor job of explaining this, but on the other side of the lobby, on the second floor, right at the top of the stairs, there is some seating, too. The chairs are different than the ones in the photo above, but my boys would often go down to refill their mugs and then wait for me in “their chairs”. When sitting in the chairs, their backs were to the lobby.

Does Les Halles stay open until park close? I’d like to get some pastries before going back to our room for the night.
We walked over after Illuminations on Saturday and it was closed (park closed at 9, when Illuminations started). I’m guessing official park close is official closing time for them. I’m not sure if they stay open any later for EMH.

We walked over after Illuminations on Saturday and it was closed (park closed at 9, when Illuminations started). I’m guessing official park close is official closing time for them. I’m not sure if they stay open any later for EMH.
Okay cool thank you

I was hoping the wonderful folk here on the Yacht and Beach Club Thread could help me (I was a frequent flyer here back in 2015)

We have friends (also from Australia) coming to WDW to attend the Halloween party on Friday 29 September.
We are spending the day Epcot and were hoping to catch up with them at Hurricane Hanna's for a drink before they head to MK.
They will have a hire car. They probably will only be there for a hour or so around mid-afternoon.

Where can they park?

Thanks

This is our first time staying at the Beach Club. We are suppose to be getting a Garden View or Woods view. I saw that the rooms have K-cups. So we will be packing those with us and perhaps a box of flavored creamer. The question I do have is: Since we can go into Epcot through the international gate, can we go to France or do we need to wait till World Showcase opens at 11a? I was hoping to get a pastry from there for breakfast. Do all the rooms have balconies?

We too have a Garden view and requested a King room.

:welcome: to this forum!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

The Beach Club rooms do NOT have Keurig machines. They have Cuisinart coffee makers that take special sealed pods. (Yacht Club had Keurig, BCV has drip machines. The recent picture that was posted with the Kcups was a YC room)

The regular resort rooms and club level rooms (including Deluxe Rooms) at the BEACH CLUB now have the Cuisinart Double Pod Machines:

coffeemakerRorey-1.jpg
coffeemakercloseupcinderumbrella-1.jpg
Coffeepod.jpg

Yes, as others have indicated, you are able to get to the bakery in France when EPCOT opens (at 9 am or earlier for Extra Magic Hours, I believe)

Also, since only 50% of the rooms at the Beach Club have full balconies, if this is important, you should make it your primary (or only) request. There are very few king bed rooms, but you can certainly request one. I believe one of our frequent posters here has said that the king bed rooms she has stayed in have all had the smaller balconies. You could word your request:

"Full balcony, please. King bed if possible"

"Room with king bed, please. Full balcony if possible. "

:goodvibes

Last edited:

I believe that Les Halles bakery in France does open for Extra Magic Hours in the morning. I'm not sure either about the late evening EMH.

Does anyone know?

I'll see if the Disney website site lists what is open/closed for EMH, although I prefer to get real world experience for info. I have trust issues.

;)

We are arriving in less than 2 weeks. Can anyone confirm how BC is with holding and transferring luggage to another WDW resort while on a cruise? we check out BD, 4 nights DCL and then AsMo..

I am willing to leave the luggage at BC and pick up myself when we are back..
or who I can call to ask? I believe when you call you get a call center.
thanks

It depends on the day and how many people of your room category they have checking out that day, how early they check out, and how quickly they are able to get the mousekeepers in there to clean. We arrive very early at the resorts (like 7am) because we take the red eye from CA and in our last two YC trips we have had our room before 3 both times but when we arrive, whether we do online check in or not, we let them know that we will take the first available room in our category regardless of location, so that helps.

Thank you, very helpful!

Our flight arrives at 11:15 am, staying at YC. What would be the earliest you would make reservations for lunch/dinner at Tiffins?

Can anyone confirm the coffee makers at YC and BCV now? I think at BCV they have a real drip machine, but does YC need the regular K cups or the soft pods?
(Sorry if already answered- I have full-on vacation brain right now)
At BCV right now and our 1 BR has a 10 cup coffee maker that uses ground coffee and paper basket-style filters. The studio attached (we’re in a 2BR lockoff) has a 4 cup coffee maker, also using ground coffee and paper basket-style filters). No pods or keurigs in sight.

Thank you, very helpful!

Our flight arrives at 11:15 am, staying at YC. What would be the earliest you would make reservations for lunch/dinner at Tiffins?
We were the first ones on and last ones off of the Magical Express (after AoA, CBR, BWI) and it took almost an hour to get to BC. I’d allow at least an hour for ME and at least an hour for the bus to AK. Then again, I know my luck I wouldn’t book anything before 4 PM.

We were the first ones on and last ones off of the Magical Express (after AoA, CBR, BWI) and it took almost an hour to get to BC. I’d allow at least an hour for ME and at least an hour for the bus to AK. Then again, I know my luck I wouldn’t book anything before 4 PM.
That’s weird that it went to AoA but not pop.

Do you (or anyone) know if the timing is the same at the Yacht Club Ale & Compass marketplace thingy?

:magnify:
Posted hours at Yacht Club Market at Ale & Compass were 7:30 AM- 11:30 AM for breakfast. I did not notice any hot items yet when we were there around 7:45 AM (also was not looking because I had one eye open due to my 2 yo’s 5 AM wake up :surfweb: and also noticed some cinnamon rolls and was very easily distracted ). We are dropping in for breakfast there on Thursday AM and I will ask a CM.

That’s weird that it went to AoA but not pop.
whoops! It did go to pop.
Also it was Friday afternoon and they were pretty disorganized putting us into lines by resort, then they basically opened all of the lines and had us all get on the same bus anyhow (not many arrivals at that time so they just run fewer busses). ME doesn’t take a set route either- if no one had been staying at pop it wouldn’t have stopped there.

The Beach Club has the Solarium, near the Marketplace- Lots of chairs, couches, coffee tables. There are also tables with chairs outside (but covered) across from the Marketplace. At the Yacht Club, up the stairs my husband and I found some seating that was off the beaten path. On our last day, he waited for me there while I took a final dip in the pool.

I'll edit in some pictures:

Solarium

The quiet pools do have some umbrella-covered tables and chairs

quietpool.jpg

"Mark's Corner"

WP_20161021_101.jpg

To give you an idea of where this is, the ledge of this very large open area looks down on this part of the lobby

WP_20161021_099.jpg
Perfect! Thank you! We will likely head to the quiet pool tables, unless it's too cold (our trip is in December!)

Page 1295

Just back from a week at BC. We are Poly people and this was our first stay at BC. My DH is diehard Poly and not a big fan of change, so it took convincing not to switch resorts. Let me tell you....I am SO happy we stuck with it because we loved BC. We will definitely be spending time there in the future, especially for summer trips. Also, I now get the hype for its location. We went to Epcot every single day!

:welcome: to posting on this thread.

Wow! So glad to hear you loved the resort. Let us know when you come back!

:woohoo:

Well that week went fast..checking out tomorrow.First stay at Yacht Club was great.Bounceback for next year is all booked..only 359 days till we’re back at our new favorite resort.

I'm pleased (but not surprised) to learn that you loved the YC.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for next August!

:cool1:

I'm trying to find the number directly to the front desk so we can make a request for the Wedding Gazebo. I know it's a long shot. My son is proposing to his gf and he's really hoping for that. He did reserve Garden View. We already talked to regular reservations but they said to talk to the resort directly. Thank you for your help!

:welcome:

Congrats to your son and his girlfriend!

(407) 934-7000

I have heard mixed reports about whether this number actually goes to the resort or just a call center. I have been told by people who work at the resort that this is the best number to call if you have a special situation. Best to do this around 7-10 days before your trip.

Which is when?

:goodvibes

oh this is a good question for me. i have a garden view room its my first time staying. i wasnt sure about making a request. all i really care is about moving heavy luggage because i have a bad back so id like to be somewhere quiet but also close to the lobby if that makes sense :)

I guess my suggestion for a request for you is "Close to lobby elevator"

This may result in a room overlooking the back entrance walkway that leads to the Friendship dock.

I don't know if you would hear the boat whistle from these rooms.

Can anyone add their experiences in these rooms?

::yes::

Leaving Beach Club today. Had a lovely club level stay- enjoyed SAB and Epcot every day. Magical Express picks us up around 1:30pm. We have late check out until 12:30pm and then we'll just hang in lounge till it's time to go. We got up early and walked around Crescent Lake this morning, sat in rocking chairs by BWI pool, walked through screen door store... lovely morning. Sad to be leaving but we will be back next year:-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!