Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I found a picture!

These are my boys in “their chairs”. They look uncomfortable, but I assure you they are comfy.

This is second floor, above the lobby. Stairs are behind them.

Love this picture. It has been a couple of years since we have been at YC, and we didn't find this area until our last afternoon, so I don't know if those chairs were there or not. But it seemed like there was a lot of quiet, unused, low-traffic space there.

::yes::

Reposting these questions-

I was hoping the wonderful folk here on the Yacht and Beach Club Thread could help me (I was a frequent flyer here back in 2015)

We have friends (also from Australia) coming to WDW to attend the Halloween party on Friday 29 September.
We are spending the day Epcot and were hoping to catch up with them at Hurricane Hanna's for a drink before they head to MK.
They will have a hire car. They probably will only be there for a hour or so around mid-afternoon.

Where can they park?

Thanks

I don't really know the answers since I have never dealt with parking at the resort (Valet could be an expensive way to do it) (not sure if they can give your name and say they are visiting you for a drink at HH (or Ale & Compass)

Anyone want to weigh in here?

:thumbsup2

We are arriving in less than 2 weeks. Can anyone confirm how BC is with holding and transferring luggage to another WDW resort while on a cruise? we check out BD, 4 nights DCL and then AsMo..

I am willing to leave the luggage at BC and pick up myself when we are back..
or who I can call to ask? I believe when you call you get a call center.
thanks

Great question- I'm not sure what Disney's policy is on storing luggage while you are not on resort property (although you will be on a Disney trip). Have you searched or asked this question over on the Cruise Line subforum?

:boat:

Leaving Beach Club today. Had a lovely club level stay- enjoyed SAB and Epcot every day. Magical Express picks us up around 1:30pm. We have late check out until 12:30pm and then we'll just hang in lounge till it's time to go. We got up early and walked around Crescent Lake this morning, sat in rocking chairs by BWI pool, walked through screen door store... lovely morning. Sad to be leaving but we will be back next year:-)

Are you officially booked (Bounceback?)

:goodvibes

Thank you, very helpful!

Our flight arrives at 11:15 am, staying at YC. What would be the earliest you would make reservations for lunch/dinner at Tiffins?

I don't book anything for arrival day, even when arriving really early in the morning, unless I can book and cancel on OpenTable. I fly a lot and know just how badly one can be delayed, so I prefer to avoid that stress.

Love this picture. It has been a couple of years since we have been at YC, and we didn't find this area until our last afternoon, so I don't know if those chairs were there or not. But it seemed like there was a lot of quiet, unused, low-traffic space there.

::yes::

Reposting these questions-

I don't really know the answers since I have never dealt with parking at the resort (Valet could be an expensive way to do it) (not sure if they can give your name and say they are visiting you for a drink at HH (or Ale & Compass)

Anyone want to weigh in here?

:thumbsup2

Great question- I'm not sure what Disney's policy is on storing luggage while you are not on resort property (although you will be on a Disney trip). Have you searched or asked this question over on the Cruise Line subforum?

:boat:

During food and wine it can be hit or miss regarding parking at Y&BC but I would say your (Lewdannie's) friends have a good chance of being able to park if they give your name (whatever name the reservation is under) and if they say that they are visiting you for a drink at one of the restaurants, this however assumes that there is space in the lot. Not a clue about holding luggage during a cruise.

We are arriving in less than 2 weeks. Can anyone confirm how BC is with holding and transferring luggage to another WDW resort while on a cruise? we check out BD, 4 nights DCL and then AsMo..

I am willing to leave the luggage at BC and pick up myself when we are back..
or who I can call to ask? I believe when you call you get a call center.
thanks
Not BC, but last March we stayed 2 nights at POR, did a Disney cruise, then 1 night post cruise at BWI. We left 2 suitcases and a stroller with Bell Service at POR and they moved them to BWI while we were sailing. No issues.

[QUOTE="

:boat:[/QUOTE]

It’s been posted over there with different answers. I want to actually check the beach club forum first since we are staying at there. From my understanding each resort can have their own policy depending on management, space etc.

I don't book anything for arrival day, even when arriving really early in the morning, unless I can book and cancel on OpenTable. I fly a lot and know just how badly one can be delayed, so I prefer to avoid that stress.[/]

This is my strategy as well. We landed at MCO around 4:30, stopped for a very quick restroom break and went straight to ME. It was after 6 when we got to the resort. We had a slight flight delay, and if I had had reservations and the delay kept going it would have been a mess.

I feel like this question was asked before, but I'm drawing a total blank right now.

What types of floats can you bring in the pool at SAB, particularly the lazy river? Do they sell them there or can you bring your own?

I feel like this question was asked before, but I'm drawing a total blank right now.

What types of floats can you bring in the pool at SAB, particularly the lazy river? Do they sell them there or can you bring your own?

There are floats available for guests, and I believe there are the only one you can use, for safety reasons. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Note that their floats are all transparent, so that the life guards can see through to the bottom.

There are floats available for guests, and I believe there are the only one you can use, for safety reasons. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Note that their floats are all transparent, so that the life guards can see through to the bottom.

I have only ever seen those transparent floats and pool noodles and I assumed it was for the same reason that you cited.

I have only ever seen those transparent floats and pool noodles and I assumed it was for the same reason that you cited.

Thanks for the feedback. Are the floats/noodles available for rent, or are they free?

Thanks for the feedback. Are the floats/noodles available for rent, or are they free?

The floats are available for free. I believe that they sell pool noodles in the shop at the BC, or at least they used to. I also know that some people have them sent from Amazon or bring their own. I just use the transparent tube floats that the resort provides.

The floats are available for free. I believe that they sell pool noodles in the shop at the BC, or at least they used to. I also know that some people have them sent from Amazon or bring their own. I just use the transparent tube floats that the resort provides.

Yes, the floats are now free of charge for guests to use. There used to be a rental fee but that was discontinued several years ago. In my experience, I have always been able to find a float when I wanted one.

Pool noodles are permitted in the pool and are sold at the BC Marketplace (and maybe YC, too, not sure) BUT they are like $5 each!!! Ouch!

:fish:

I am so excited! I booked our upcoming October stay last summer for Animal Kingdom Lodge. I have been trying since March to get the reservation changed due to the pool refurbishment there. I finally found a room today for our stay....and it's at Yacht Club!!!! We have never stayed at Yacht Club, but stayed at Beach Club for a long weekend in December of 2016. We loved the resort and amenities. So happy to get to stay at Yacht club in 46 days!

I am so excited! I booked our upcoming October stay last summer for Animal Kingdom Lodge. I have been trying since March to get the reservation changed due to the pool refurbishment there. I finally found a room today for our stay....and it's at Yacht Club!!!! We have never stayed at Yacht Club, but stayed at Beach Club for a long weekend in December of 2016. We loved the resort and amenities. So happy to get to stay at Yacht club in 46 days!
We arrive in 47 days at YC!!! See you there!

:welcome: to this forum!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

The Beach Club rooms do NOT have Keurig machines. They have Cuisinart coffee makers that take special sealed pods. (Yacht Club had Keurig, BCV has drip machines. The recent picture that was posted with the Kcups was a YC room)

The regular resort rooms and club level rooms (including Deluxe Rooms) at the BEACH CLUB now have the Cuisinart Double Pod Machines:

coffeemakerRorey-1.jpg
coffeemakercloseupcinderumbrella-1.jpg
Coffeepod.jpg

Yes, as others have indicated, you are able to get to the bakery in France when EPCOT opens (at 9 am or earlier for Extra Magic Hours, I believe)

Also, since only 50% of the rooms at the Beach Club have full balconies, if this is important, you should make it your primary (or only) request. There are very few king bed rooms, but you can certainly request one. I believe one of our frequent posters here has said that the king bed rooms she has stayed in have all had the smaller balconies. You could word your request:

"Full balcony, please. King bed if possible"

"Room with king bed, please. Full balcony if possible. "

Thank you for letting me know about the coffee maker. I'm surprised that BC doesn't have a K-Cup machine since they seem to be in most of the hotels. But at least that helped.

B
Thank you for letting me know about the coffee maker. I'm surprised that BC doesn't have a K-Cup machine since they seem to be in most of the hotels. But at least that helped.

BC CL standard room had a Keurig in June. I have a picture but it wont let me upload it currently.

Page 1295

:welcome:

Congrats to your son and his girlfriend!

(407) 934-7000

I have heard mixed reports about whether this number actually goes to the resort or just a call center. I have been told by people who work at the resort that this is the best number to call if you have a special situation. Best to do this around 7-10 days before your trip.

Which is when?

We did have that number and tried it, but it did go to Central Reservations. They are going on Sept 2-8 and you have them on the Be Our Guest list already. Thank you so much for your help and congrats to my son and his girlfriend.

Coming back to WDW in September, staying at Boardwalk, but able to do a quick trip in December and staying at Yacht Club December 6-11

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!