Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Dee not sure if you need anymore room view pics but figured I’d share these from last month. Top pic is BCV studio 470 and bottom pic is BCV studio 312. Also we are back to the BCV’s next 8/17-25 if you could add us to the BOG list. Thanks

I'm always looking to add to the View Threads ESPECIALLY for the villas!

Fantastic pictures.

:thanks:

This was our first visit and our stay was amazing. The room was perfect (2154), close to elevators and overlooking the gazebo.

Putting your info onto the view thread and I'm looking for a few more details.

Bedding- 2 Queens or King Bed?
Daybed or No?
Shower only or Tub/Shower combo?
Do you remember if the room had a connecting door.

Thanks, again!

:goodvibes

Last edited:
Hi all, we left YC yesterday & are at GF now.

*snip*

I booked a bounceback with free dining for next year. Gonna skip September, the heat really is getting to be too much for me. And we find we aren’t utilizing the club level services & offerings very much either, so I booked a YC garden view room. Dee, can you add me for Dec 7-14 2019, please? Thanks! Happy to answer any questions!

Thank you so much for the details about your room and your stay.

I'll add you to the list!

:woohoo:

Thank you so much for the details about your room and your stay.

I'll add you to the list!

Thanks Dee! I forgot a few things: 2 of the 3 days, we actually did not get our room serviced before we returned at about 3pm. Thankfully club level has the nightly turn down service, so that person actually made the bed, emptied the garbage & refreshed our supplies. Also, prolly leave the plates from the lounge food in the hall. That is the acceptable practice & they were usually good about picking them up every day. However, on the last day, the plates from the room next to us & across from our were never picked up. We were the second to last room. It’s like they got down the hall but never went all the way down. There were absolutely no other items all the way down to the lounge, except for these 2 rooms at the very end of the hall. Certainly not a deal breaker, but just a little strange observation.

We went on to 3 nights at GF Royal Palm Club. The room looked a worn after the beautiful YC room. The rug looked yucky & made me appreciate the hard floors at YC!

Great to hear it was so amazing. I dont know much about bounce backs. Was the free dining stated on the bounce back offer? Will there be free dining for anyone who is booking in September?

Here is the 2019 Free Dining Bounceback info currently offered (until the end of October)

Free Dining Bounceback Offer 2019

Only available for guests traveling now through October 31, 2018.

You must book by 10pm (Eastern) on the day you check out. You can book by calling extension 8844 from your room or calling 407-939-1923. Your TA can also book it for you.

Anyone staying onsite qualifies even if you don't see the flyer in your room or you are staying at the campgrounds.

The bounceback is good for trips where you must CHECK IN on one of the following 2019 dates:

May 28 - June 4
June 28 - Sept 7
Dec 6 - Dec 24

Minimum 4 night stay required. You will pay full price for the room.

Minimum 4 day park tickets and they must have the hopper option.

Values & Moderates will get free QS dining plan.

Deluxe & Villas will get free regular dining plan.

You can pay the difference to upgrade the plan.

Excluded resorts (these are the resorts that you can't book for next year. You can still book the bounceback if you are staying at one of these resorts this year.) :
Art of Animation Little Mermaid rooms
All Star Movies
Port Orleans French Quarter
Polynesian Bungalows
Grand Floridian Villas
Bay Lake Tower
All 3 bedroom Villas
Fort Wilderness Campsites
Copper Creek Villas & Cabins

$200 deposit required when you book. Deposit is refundable but you cannot book it later if you decide you want to. Best practice is to book it while you are there if you think there's any chance you might be interested.

Note to self- saw a Facebook post saying Minnie Van prices have increased:

$28 Beach Club to MK
$31 Beach Club to Contemporary Resort

Look for link/info on current pricing

:car:

Putting your info onto the view thread and I'm looking for a few more details.

Bedding- 2 Queens or King Bed?
Daybed or No?
Shower only or Tub/Shower combo?
Do you remember if the room had a connecting door.

Thanks, again!

:goodvibes

The room had 2 queen beds, no daybed, tub/shower combo and I don’t believe was a connecting room.

Glad I could help!

:welcome: back, congratulations on your anniversary and thank you for your service!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Wow, sneaky keeping the club level news from your wife for so long. What a fantastic surprise!

:cool1:

Thank you. The funny thing about the club level was that I wasn't trying to be sneaky. She just didn't read the reservation that she had full access to the entire time. :rotfl: When her friend changed her reservation to club level, my wife said "we should check out to see if we can get club level". I told her we already had it. lol

Page 1316-1318

We were at the Beach Club from 8/25 - 9/2.

*snip*

We had a fantastic time for the first few days of Food & Wine and staying at the Epcot resorts for that was truly magical. We had SO MUCH fun and would not hesitate to stay there again.

Thank you so much for the detailed review of your room and the trip, and for the pictures. I'll add your info to the BC View thread.

Sorry to hear about the bus issues, but I'm glad to hear you will share your experiences with guest services/resort management.

::yes::

We have been staying at Yacht Club since my oldest was 3. Now with 2 kiddos (11 and 5) it remains our favorite resort. We really enjoy coming home and it not being hectic. We venture over to BC to explore and it always amazes me how crazy it can be over there.

Oh, and our experience is the YC is picked up first on the park bus routes.

:wave2:

Haven't seen you in these parts for awhile.

:welcome: back and thanks for your input.

:thumbsup2

Thanks Dee! I forgot a few things: 2 of the 3 days, we actually did not get our room serviced before we returned at about 3pm. Thankfully club level has the nightly turn down service, so that person actually made the bed, emptied the garbage & refreshed our supplies. Also, prolly leave the plates from the lounge food in the hall. That is the acceptable practice & they were usually good about picking them up every day. However, on the last day, the plates from the room next to us & across from our were never picked up. We were the second to last room. It’s like they got down the hall but never went all the way down. There were absolutely no other items all the way down to the lounge, except for these 2 rooms at the very end of the hall. Certainly not a deal breaker, but just a little strange observation.

We went on to 3 nights at GF Royal Palm Club. The room looked a worn after the beautiful YC room. The rug looked yucky & made me appreciate the hard floors at YC!

Thanks for the additional info. It does sound a bit like these are "The Rooms that Time Forgot"

:confused3

New rate for the Minnie Vans.

$15 fee + $2.75 per mile

Just what I was looking for (without having to look)

:thanks:

We’ll be there in 5 days! It is just my husband and I! This will be our first time going without the kids! This is also our first time at Beach Club!

Dates: Sept. 21-24
Occasion: Anniversary, kind of. Our 19th anniversary is in October. :bride:

We are primarily going to the Food & Wine Festival, so we are going to Epcot Saturday and Sunday. Sunday night we are going to MNSSHP. :hmghost::maleficen

We’ll be there in 5 days! It is just my husband and I! This will be our first time going without the kids! This is also our first time at Beach Club!

Dates: Sept. 21-24
Occasion: Anniversary, kind of. Our 19th anniversary is in October. :bride:

We are primarily going to the Food & Wine Festival, so we are going to Epcot Saturday and Sunday. Sunday night we are going to MNSSHP. :hmghost::maleficen

:welcome:

Sounds like an incredible trip!

We celebrated our July anniversary in October at Disney/Yacht Club a few years ago so we could enjoy the fall offerings- Food & Wine and MNSSHP. It was awesome!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

PS- I like your avatar picture.

Note to self- saw a Facebook post saying Minnie Van prices have increased:

$28 Beach Club to MK
$31 Beach Club to Contemporary Resort

Look for link/info on current pricing

:car:

That's ridiculous! We took a Mears taxi from the Beach Club to the Wilderness Lodge on Friday and it cost $13.80 - That price does not include a tip.

We had a quick Dis meet with @ariane37 and her husband at the International Gateway on Friday. We decided to take a taxi back to our resort so we walked to the Beach Club. I took a few pictures of the painting they are doing at the BC and will post them later. Now I can see why people are complaining about the noise. There were three (or was it four) lifts to the right of the entry door under the port cochere and those machines were very noisy. They were painting the BC on the parking lot side of the resort. The bell hop said that they had been painting for two weeks now. They were also painting the walkway and area around the BC bus stop.

Has anyone here done the Regatta Run?

It sounds like quite a fun activity to do, and the pin you get with the swag at end looks awesome, but I don't know if me and my wife are kidding ourselves by thinking we could do a 3K run in Florida morning heat! :crazy2: Neither of us are runners, but we could certainly attempt a jog and regular hearty walking... I just wouldn't want to see all of these mega marathon runners lap us as we wonder if we've done the first 100 metres yet.

Has anyone here done the Regatta Run?

It sounds like quite a fun activity to do, and the pin you get with the swag at end looks awesome, but I don't know if me and my wife are kidding ourselves by thinking we could do a 3K run in Florida morning heat! :crazy2: Neither of us are runners, but we could certainly attempt a jog and regular hearty walking... I just wouldn't want to see all of these mega marathon runners lap us as we wonder if we've done the first 100 metres yet.

My DW was looking into this but she is one of those "mega marathon" runners. :) She did the Dopey in 2017 and the Princess Fairy Tale Challenge in Feb 2018. She asked me if I wanted to potentially run it and I told her "no, i retired after the 2016 Wine & Dine Half". She said "Fine, we'll go to the spa and get massages instead." Seems like a fair trade off to me. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!