Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Any one have copy of Scavenger Hunt (Disney Trivia) @ BC? My 5 y/o is obsessed w/ them.

Page 1468 I-FAQ:
I have bumped this question, but may be too late for your trip. If you do the activity and have a copy of the hunt, we would love to see it!

I don't have a copy of the Scavenger Hunt, but my DDs did it on our trip this past May. They had to take pictures with:
1) a hidden mickey
2) the captain
3) the vintage car at the BC front entrance
4) the lighthouse
5) the Ariel statue by the BCV (I think this was the 5th, but I'm not positive)

Just got back from a fantastic 6 day trip from Yacht Club CL . FYI they had a small sign at the Market at Ale and Compass (attached to the gift shop) they are now selling Mickey waffles with bacon/sausage for breakfast. It was a small sign near the register. :)
How did I miss that sign? I’m so sad. Thanks for the info.

Just got back from a fantastic 6 day trip from Yacht Club CL . FYI they had a small sign at the Market at Ale and Compass (attached to the gift shop) they are now selling Mickey waffles with bacon/sausage for breakfast. It was a small sign near the register. :)

Nice!!! Let's keep this going until next May at least! :rotfl:

Hi Everyone - I let my AP expire last year but we are thinking about a quick WDW trip in August. Can anyone look up the AP room rates for BC SV or GV and Coronado/Caribbean Beach SV or preferred (if they have it) for August 24-28? Just 4 nights, 4 adults. I realize they can change by the minute, just looking to see what the availability is like before I buy it.
I'm probably going again in December so I'm thinking the AP might be worth it, but would like to know the rates if anyone feels like looking for me! Thanks so much.

Oh hey everyone!

Just a quick question - as I understand the category we picked for Yacht Club is water - which I read includes lake or pool. Am I understanding correctly that we may get a view of the quiet pool at Yacht Club and that is considered a water view? I knew the quiet pool was considered water for Beach Club (though you can still see Crescent Lake), but I thought the quiet pool for Yacht was garden, but I think I am mistaken.

Just want to temper my excitement a bit that I may be getting the quiet pool view. I can't say that I wouldn't be disappointed (doesn't seem fair those rooms cost the same as a lake view), but if I know it's a possibility, then I'll be prepared. :)
From all the YC maps posted here on the DIS , on touring plans and from my experience the quiet pool view is garden view. Only SAB pool view is water view!

I didn't see any answers to your/my question- to anyone who stayed at the resort in Jan/Feb the past couple of years- have there been any refurbishment closures at Stormalong Bay?
We have stayed at the BC in either January or February the last few years and did not experience any major refurb closures at SAB.
Do the standard rooms at the BC have tub/shower combinations or are they just showers? Thanks!
The only room that we had that only had a shower was a handicap accessible room. The regular rooms all had the tub/shower combo.

Hi Everyone - I let my AP expire last year but we are thinking about a quick WDW trip in August. Can anyone look up the AP room rates for BC SV or GV and Coronado/Caribbean Beach SV or preferred (if they have it) for August 24-28? Just 4 nights, 4 adults. I realize they can change by the minute, just looking to see what the availability is like before I buy it.
I'm probably going again in December so I'm thinking the AP might be worth it, but would like to know the rates if anyone feels like looking for me! Thanks so much.

Beach Club GV - $1,727.80 - no SV
Yacht Club - water view, no SV or Gv - $1,849.91
Coronado Springs SV for 4 adults is $946.37 - preferred not available
Caribbean Beach SV 5th sleeper - $966.85 - SV not available
Caribbean Beach preferred - $1,129.07

Ticket prices have increased since I originally purchased my ticket, but now that I need to change the start day, Disney wants to charge me $40. I am not adding a day to my ticket, I am just changing the first day I will be using the ticket by 1 day. GRRRR!!!

That's scandalous! I can't believe they wouldn't just adjust the start date if the price for each day is the same! I'd definitely plead my case in person at guest services as sometimes I find it easier dealing with someone face to face and they always tend to be more reasonable than when on the phone, Crossing my fingers you get sorted ☘

Sorry if this has been answered already but we have a Beach Club, Club Level, Garden view room booked in August we are a family of four but would prefer to have a day bed. Does anyone know what room number in that category has a daybed? Some websites show desks and some show daybeds.

Sorry if this has been answered already but we have a Beach Club, Club Level, Garden view room booked in August we are a family of four but would prefer to have a day bed. Does anyone know what room number in that category has a daybed? Some websites show desks and some show daybeds.

The information I have about daybeds in the club level rooms was pre-renovation, so it may have changed since then. At that time (2014), there were 9 BC CL GV rooms and only one of them had a daybed. I'm not sure which room. And there were very few Water View rooms with daybeds. That is why families of 5 were not able to book these rooms then, and now I believe only parties with fewer than 5 guests are able to book club level at either the Beach or Yacht Club.

You can check the Beach Club view thread, look in the index for Garden View rooms starting with the number 5XXX to see the descriptions of those rooms.

Add a request for a room with a daybed to your reservation by phone, and with Disney Signature Services.

It may be possible, based on room size, to have a rollaway cot brought to your room if it does not have a daybed. There may or may not be a nightly charge for this.

Last year I purchased a fuel rod at AKL which I found convenient for the parks with two teens - switching a fresh one each morning on the way out. I just took a quick peek on the MDE app, and they show no fuel rod kiosk at either Yacht or Beach club. Is that the case?! I assumed each resort would have at least one location. Failing that, is there still one at the International gateway with all the construction?

We have stayed at the BC in either January or February the last few years and did not experience any major refurb closures at SAB.
The only room that we had that only had a shower was a handicap accessible room. The regular rooms all had the tub/shower combo.
We’ve had a handicap room which was spacious but had a shower/tub combo, not a walk in shower. It had a handicap entrance push button. Room 2600, Juliet balcony, and looked straight towards the villas.

:offtopic: rant, but since it is relative to my October YC stay, I'll post it here.

After purchasing a date-based park ticket for my upcoming stay, we changed our arrival day, adding an additional reservation day to the stay. The price level for the new Day 1and the original Day 1 were the same when I purchased the tickets and are the same now. The ticket I have is for 5 dayadmission, hopper, which is valid for a week (or 10 days) (can't remember which) following the start date.

Ticket prices have increased since I originally purchased my ticket, but now that I need to change the start day, Disney wants to charge me $40. I am not adding a day to my ticket, I am just changing the first day I will be using the ticket by 1 day. GRRRR!!!

So far I have only discussed this policy with Disney by chat, but when I have a spare moment, I will try to plead my case by email to guest services.

There will be charts involved.

Wish me luck!

:headache:

Dee, I don't know if you called or tried to make the change on the website, but my experience with changing the start date of a ticket was that it was going to cost a lot more doing it on the website than what it turned out to be when I called. I think I calculated the change to be about $40 were I to do it on the website, but then I called because I was having trouble. The CM I spoke with told me the additional charge would be $15 -- which made total sense since I was changing by a couple of weeks. If you didn't call and only did the chat, you might have better luck calling. Make sure you have the ticket number and all of that good stuff. Hope you get a better result. Good luck!

The information I have about daybeds in the club level rooms was pre-renovation, so it may have changed since then. At that time (2014), there were 9 BC CL GV rooms and only one of them had a daybed. I'm not sure which room. And there were very few Water View rooms with daybeds. That is why families of 5 were not able to book these rooms then, and now I believe only parties with fewer than 5 guests are able to book club level at either the Beach or Yacht Club.

You can check the Beach Club view thread, look in the index for Garden View rooms starting with the number 5XXX to see the descriptions of those rooms.

Add a request for a room with a daybed to your reservation by phone, and with Disney Signature Services.

It may be possible, based on room size, to have a rollaway cot brought to your room if it does not have a daybed. There may or may not be a nightly charge for this.
Somewhat related, we just got back from the YC/Standard Club level and our only request was a daybed and we didn't get it. Our room had a chair and footrest? Without asking, the CM checking us in noticed that was our only request and immediately told us that he would ask for a roll away to be delivered. It was delivered quickly and worked well for us :)

Somewhat related, we just got back from the YC/Standard Club level and our only request was a daybed and we didn't get it. Our room had a chair and footrest? Without asking, the CM checking us in noticed that was our only request and immediately told us that he would ask for a roll away to be delivered. It was delivered quickly and worked well for us :)

Was there a charge?

I haven't used one of the rollaway cots here, but friends who have said they were comfortable.

:thumbsup2

Thanks to those who posted answer to my question about the tub/shower combo. So many places, lately, just have showers and my daughter loves baths!

Dee, I don't know if you called or tried to make the change on the website, but my experience with changing the start date of a ticket was that it was going to cost a lot more doing it on the website than what it turned out to be when I called. I think I calculated the change to be about $40 were I to do it on the website, but then I called because I was having trouble. The CM I spoke with told me the additional charge would be $15 -- which made total sense since I was changing by a couple of weeks. If you didn't call and only did the chat, you might have better luck calling. Make sure you have the ticket number and all of that good stuff. Hope you get a better result. Good luck!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! The day I want to change to is just one day before and is at the same price level as my start date.

I have spent the morning on the phone with Undercover Tourist (I'm outside of the 90 day return window), Disney Tickets (2x) and Disney IT, because the option to make the change online doesn't even appear now. But it is a system-wide issue this morning. No shocker there!

Oh, and I was on some bizarre chat with Cherise who was yakking about Jack and Zero being on a Halloweentown Adventure. She asked if I was lost in the forrest when I didn't reply quickly enough.

Tickets CM say they can't help me since the tickets were purchased through UT.

UT can't do anything since it was more than 90 days since I purchased the tickets.

IT person said to try later today or tomorrow when (if) the system is functioning properly.

If there is a charge, I may just wait until I get to the park. The only thing I will lose out on is making FP for that first afternoon in EPCOT. Not sure if that is worth the money. Or I may try Disney IT or the "Linking Line" again since they will be able to access my MDE account. UT said maybe they would be able to help.

:sad2:

Last edited:
Last year I purchased a fuel rod at AKL which I found convenient for the parks with two teens - switching a fresh one each morning on the way out. I just took a quick peek on the MDE app, and they show no fuel rod kiosk at either Yacht or Beach club. Is that the case?! I assumed each resort would have at least one location. Failing that, is there still one at the International gateway with all the construction?

As of October, last I asked at the YC, neither YC nor BC have a Fuel Rod kiosk you have to go to International gateway, I haven't been since the construction so I can't answer your second question.

Reactions: amw

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!