Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Last year we stayed CL at the Polynesian, and our room was on the same floor and just a few doors down from the lounge. If this turns out to be the case this year where the BC CL lounge is just a short distance from the room, is it acceptable to leave the room and walk a few doors down to the lounge with the video monitor in hand to watch the littles as they sleep? (whispering, "Am I a bad mom for even wondering about this?")

Page 1510-1511

Hey Dee, officially moved from POR to YC-GV for a brief two-night stay Oct. 27-29 to decompress from an eight-night Eastern Caribbean tour on the Fantasy. It;s nice to be coming home. Planning on significant SAB time as long as the weather cooperates.
Katesdad

:welcome: back, my friend!

Will add you to the list.

:goodvibes

Can I request a rollaway cot? We'll need a room with 2 queen beds. If we don't get a room with a day bed or a fold-out sleeper chair, can we request a rollaway cot?

Does Martha's Vinyard still host Trivia night?

:welcome:

When is your trip here? March?

:cool1:

Yes, you can request a rollaway cot. Used to be free-of-charge, but now there may or may not be a nightly charge, not a consistent policy. Add a request for a daybed to your reservation and if you do not get a room that has one, either request a change or that a rollaway cot be provided.

I have been having trouble determining which activities are still taking place at the resort and when. It seems to change monthly.

:magnify:

Lots of good updated info here, including info on th Wi-Fi upgrade project:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...-cupcakes-hidden-mickeys-and-pirate-treasure/

Finally had a chance to read through this. Wow!!! Lots going on.

::yes::

We just completed a split stay at Yacht and Contemporary. Aside from the unbeatable theme park view from 4747 at Contemporary, our YC room on the 5th floor (Crescent Lake view) was one of our favorites we have ever stayed at. Super impressed with the refurbishments, especially the walk-in shower. Also, the staff is far superior and much friendlier at YC than Contemporary’s from our experience.

Thank you so much for your comments and comparisons. People are always wondering about how the resorts stack up.

:thumbsup2

We also just completed a split stay between the Contemporary and YC. We were in room 4748 at Contemporary, so we were neighbors! You are right, that view is spectacular! We were in 2112 at YC, which is a garden view facing the tennis courts. The view wasn't anything special, but the room was quiet the resort is beautiful.
Here's a photo of the view from our room (2112) and the hotel lobby.View attachment 424756View attachment 424755

Thanks so much for the pictures and info!!!

:thumbsup2

We arrived safely on Thursday evening.

*snip*

Thanks for the live update!

:dogdance:

Last minute kind of random question. Do the rooms at BC have any outlets close the the floor? I feel like most rooms only have ones that low behing something and not exposed but we started wondering last night if we need to slightly babyproof our room hahaha.

Last year we stayed CL at the Polynesian, and our room was on the same floor and just a few doors down from the lounge. If this turns out to be the case this year where the BC CL lounge is just a short distance from the room, is it acceptable to leave the room and walk a few doors down to the lounge with the video monitor in hand to watch the littles as they sleep? (whispering, "Am I a bad mom for even wondering about this?")
I don't know if it's acceptable, but I'll own I would totally do it. My littles don't sleep that late, though....

I've been back for a week now and finally have a few minutes to post on this thread about our YC stay. In short, it was great and we had a fabulous time. It was me, my sister, 16 yo nephew, and 14 yo niece. My sister only stayed a few days, and then it was just me and the kids. (Hey, I got to be @Best Aunt for a little while!) We were in room 5170 (club level) which was right next to the CL Lounge. That was great for my group, but it would have been too close to the Lounge for DH and me -- a little too noisy.

On the lotion issue, we had a full complement of toiletries on our check-in day (except no sunscreen which we've received for past CL stays). We did not receive extras after that unless I asked for them. That is totally okay with me because they always brought what we needed/wanted. We also did not have a YC provided pen and paper pad. I didn't need those either -- I always have to bring work stuff and have plenty of paper and I always do my housekeeping tips in envelopes before I leave home -- so that's okay with me, too. The rooms don't have clocks which my sister found strange, but that's been that way for a while. There were plenty of outlets to charge devices for the 4 of us, so no complaints on that.

We really enjoyed SAB. We don't just sit out there, we played in the pool. So, we'd just put our stuff on a chair and jump in. We went at various times of the day and night and I never found it too crowded. A couple of times in the afternoon there was no one to check magic bands, so we didn't get a wrist band for the pool. That wasn't an issue for us. I was hopeful, however, that those with bands didn't think we were illegal interlopers. I'd have happily gotten a band had there been someone issuing them. So, for people who complain about those without bands, please recognize that some of us are legit! We used the pool showers a few times because it was just easier to have the kids (and me) use them rather than traipse upstairs to then wait out one another to shower. They were clean and well stocked with toiletries and towels and it was very convenient.

Housekeeping was great. CMs for the CL were terrific and helpful. I was disappointed that the breakfast wasn't ready by 7:00 because that really made us rush to eat and get out to catch EMH, but such is life.

I'll need to get another reservation on my schedule, but work gets in the way of fun. Hope everyone with trips coming up has a great time.

Question- if I book a room at the Villas through Disney’s website, do I receive the benefits of a regular room, ex. daily mousekeeping, toiletries, etc?

Am I crazy thinking that we can walk through Epcot to the Monorail and then either take the Monorail or Boat to MK when staying at YC? I usually have a rental car but thinking it would be nice to not have one for this trip since we can easily get to two of the parks.

Am I crazy thinking that we can walk through Epcot to the Monorail and then either take the Monorail or Boat to MK when staying at YC? I usually have a rental car but thinking it would be nice to not have one for this trip since we can easily get to two of the parks.
Yes, you can. The bus would be quicker though if your primary destination is MK. You'll also need a hopper type pass since you'll be using one for Epcot and then eventually MK. From a general time perspective it will take you about 15 minutes from IG to Epcot Main Entrance, if you go through WS via UK/Canada and head straight to the front gate. Assume a 10 - 15 minute wait for the monorail, another 10 - 15 minutes from Epcot to TCC. Then transfer to MK monorail or Boat. In my opinion the monorail would be quicker, maybe 10 minutes. Boat could be longer with waiting, loading and unloading. If I had to put numbers on it, from IG to MK using all monorail allow about an hour. Using boat from TCC to MK, closer to 80 - 90 minutes.

Last minute kind of random question. Do the rooms at BC have any outlets close the the floor? I feel like most rooms only have ones that low behing something and not exposed but we started wondering last night if we need to slightly babyproof our room hahaha.

There is an outlet between the bed and the wall that a child could easily access. It is in the middle of the wall and maybe 18 inches up from the floor.

I love that outlet because it lets me plug my laptop into the wall while I’m laying in bed. I’ve had to work while on vacation many times. :)

I don’t know when your trip is but the heat and humidity have been brutal this week. My face was beet red walking from Future World back to Beach Club. I certainly wouldn’t do that walk (reverse direction) to get to the monorail to get to MK.

We have gone this way several times in November and December as a leisurely transition. I agree with pp that it could be rough in the heat. We also choose to walk to/from HS at times, and I don't remember the extended route through IG to monorail and MK to be much different.

This is our method of choice for getting to the MK from an Epcot resort unless Epcot is closed or we are in a hurry and don’t have time. It’s a lovely walk and it avoids busses- win, win 😉! As others mentioned, you need a hopper pass though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter