Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We rarely use this method to get to the MK from the Yacht or Beach Club for the reasons that have been given- takes too much time and can be a long walk. Also, since we rope-drop MK, EPCOT is not open when we are getting there in the morning. But quite often, if we are not in a rush to get back to the resort, we will take the monorail from the MK to EP for our return. We find it an enjoyable to stroll through our favorite park, hop onto Spaceship Earth if the line is not too long, grab something for lunch at Sunshine Seasons or one of the countries, or just enjoy a pleasant stroll through the gardens, Canada and the UK.

:goodvibes

Oh, and here is the post from Page 1, Post 14: Other Useful Info

Should I take the bus* from the Beach Club to the Magic Kingdom or go through EPCOT and use the monorail?

We always take the bus from BC to MK!

Bus is definitely quicker:
The ride is less than 15 minutes from BC to MK, then you just have to add in the wait. I think 15 minutes is the most I have ever waited for a bus, it is usually around 5 minutes.

Here is a very conservative estimate of the trip from BC-EP-mono-MK:
5 minute walk to International Gateway, bag check and entry at IG
walk though United Kingdom, Canada and Future World to EP front entrance, 25 min
wait for mono ?
mono from EP to TTC plus changeover to express monorail, 15 min
mono to MK, 5 min.

So a minimum 50 minutes, with a lot of walking, an extra bag check and switching monorails.

Please note: You need Park Hoppers and EPCOT must be open if you are doing this.

That being said, we often take the monorail back to the BC from MK. That way, we can enjoy a couple of attractions along the way, or get some takeout from Sunshine Seasons or one of the World Showcase restaurants on the way back to our room.

* even if you have a car on property during your trip, it probably makes sense to take the bus when you are traveling to MK. If you are driving, you will have to park at the TTC and take the monorail or ferry boat to the MK entrance. If you take a bus, you are delivered to the front entrance. A taxi cab is another option, but again, this will only bring you to the TTC, so you may want to have the cab leave you off at the Contemporary Resort and walk or take the monorail, or to one of the other monorail resorts.

International Gateway to Frozen-

I'm sure I have asked this before, but just noticed I have never updated the FAQ post on Page 1.

If you are going to EPCOT either at EMH or even before most of the World Showcase opens, what route do you go to get to Norway? Are you permitted to go right, via France past Morocco and the other countries (I know the bakery in France is open) or can you only reach Norway via Mexico?

Is there anything else open in the World Showcase before 11 am other than the French Bakery and Frozen? Is the Anna/Elsa meet & greet or bakery in Norway open?

:thanks:

We rarely use this method to get to the MK from the Yacht or Beach Club for the reasons that have been given- takes too much time and can be a long walk. Also, since we rope-drop MK, EPCOT is not open when we are getting there in the morning. But quite often, if we are not in a rush to get back to the resort, we will take the monorail from the MK to EP for our return. We find it an enjoyable to stroll through our favorite park, hop onto Spaceship Earth if the line is not too long, grab something for lunch at Sunshine Seasons or one of the countries, or just enjoy a pleasant stroll through the gardens, Canada and the UK.

:goodvibes
We do this as well - never taken it to MK and but have taken it back to BC. It is nice to stroll through Epcot at the end of a day with no real rush to get back. I love it!

International Gateway to Frozen-

I'm sure I have asked this before, but just noticed I have never updated the FAQ post on Page 1.

If you are going to EPCOT either at EMH or even before most of the World Showcase opens, what route do you go to get to Norway? Are you permitted to go right, via France past Morocco and the other countries (I know the bakery in France is open) or can you only reach Norway via Mexico?

Is there anything else open in the World Showcase before 11 am other than the French Bakery and Frozen? Is the Anna/Elsa meet & greet or bakery in Norway open?

:thanks:
You need to go via UK/Canada. WS is roped off just past France so you can not access Morocco and other countries in that direction until 11:00 AM. Not sure about the bakery in Norway being open but assume it would be.

ETA: I checked today's guide and the bakery in Norway does open at 9:00 AM [park opening].
Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe
FridayAugust 16, 2019
9:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Last edited:

I don’t know when your trip is but the heat and humidity have been brutal this week. My face was beet red walking from Future World back to Beach Club. I certainly wouldn’t do that walk (reverse direction) to get to the monorail to get to MK.

Its in December and yeah we have Hopper tickets. For rope drop we would take bus or Lyft but we are thinking for like evening visit that we aren't in a hurry to get there then it will be a nice little trip but coming back we would want to get back ASAP lol.

I am getting in late on Saturday Dec 7th so trying to decide if I want to stay at Airport or stay at Pop or AS. Any recommendations? We will be going to the park in the morning until our room is ready at YC

I am getting in late on Saturday Dec 7th so trying to decide if I want to stay at Airport or stay at Pop or AS. Any recommendations? We will be going to the park in the morning until our room is ready at YC
I always like getting to Disney as fast as I can when I land 😂

Which park? If it is DHS or Epcot I would 100% vote for Pop with the Skyliner

I always like getting to Disney as fast as I can when I land 😂

Which park? If it is DHS or Epcot I would 100% vote for Pop with the Skyliner

I believe DHS is morning early on the 8th so we planned to hit that with hopes of getting on the new Star Wars ride. The one we have not gotten in California yet.

I believe DHS is morning early on the 8th so we planned to hit that with hopes of getting on the new Star Wars ride. The one we have not gotten in California yet.
Then I definitely vote for staying at Pop! I think it will be easier to get up, drop off your bags with bell services, and head to DHS on the Skyliner vs getting up earlier at the airport hotel and heading over.

If you want to get to the park early and be right there, definitely POP or AS.

Otherwise, one of the nearby airport hotels and then Uber/Lyft right to YC in the morning, drop bags with bell services, and then head to a park from there. It's a quick, very cheap ride. The airport hyatt is a bit of a scam for $300+ IMHO but people use it all the time so what do I know? :)

What is price difference?

Are you taking Magical Express or renting a car/hiring a driver?

We had the same debate for our October trip. My husband is flying in after work and will land after 8 pm. We are getting a room for that night at POP. The Magical Express will bring you to the resort and it can take an hour and a half or two hours to get to the YC from the airport. We figure that if he takes the ME to POP that night, we will be ready to rock and roll at Animal Kingdom for the 7 am opening the next morning, then check into YC later in the day.

We will have Bell Services send our luggage over to the YC.

::yes::

Last edited:
We do this as well - never taken it to MK and but have taken it back to BC. It is nice to stroll through Epcot at the end of a day with no real rush to get back. I love it!

We do this too. Though last time we tried to rope drop MK we missed because instead of a bus to MK we had to wait for 3 AK busses instead. It took 70 minutes to get there

To put it in perspective, the distance from the Beach Club to the monorail in Epcot is just about the same distance as the walk from the Beach Club to Hollywood Studios. It just feels shorter to walk through Epcot because it is more interesting.
Mind blown!!! I would never have thought that! We always take the boat to HS because the walk seems so long, but we often walk through Epcot to IG from monorail! Still not sure if we will ever walk to HS(the boat if just so pleasant!) But love the perspective.

Does anyone have pictures of where the 4 cabanas are at the pool? specifically where cabana 1 and 2 are located?

Does anyone have pictures of where the 4 cabanas are at the pool? specifically where cabana 1 and 2 are located?

There are pictures of the cabanas on page 1 of this thread. It is my understanding that 1 and 2 are nearest the sandy kids area pool with 3 and 4 located behind them nearer the fence.

Cabanas:
I walked over from Beach Club. The cabanas are in the far back corner of the pool area on the Yacht Club side.

If you are facing the pool so that the Yacht Club entrance is on your left, and the lighthouse where you get the boat to Hollywood Studios is on your right:

# 1 is front row on right
# 2 is front row on left
# 3 is back row on left
# 4 is back row on right.

At least that’s what the cast member working there told me. He would not let me take pictures because people’s personal belongings were there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter