Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I’d love a pic of rope drop at International Gateway if you’re ever there for it! And have a great time!!!!!! :goodvibes 16 days for us!

While I don't have a picture of the crowd, we rope dropped EPCOT from IG on 10/14/19. We arrived at 8:15 a.m. and were first in line at the passholder tapstile. Around 8:30 or so, we tapped in and were directed to the top of the bridge (right side of the walkway) and first to arrive. After about 10 mins or so there, we were moved to the front of Rose & Crown (all were instructed to stay on the right side of the walkway) and we remained at the front of the pack. The crowd behind us went over the bridge area and back the walkway to the tapstile area. :scared: Fortunately, the back gate crew was given the green light at 8:55 a.m. or so, but as you could imagine, the front gate crowd was already bombarding Soarin' and TT. We ran for Soarin' and had a FP for TT. Our Soarin' wait was still minimal because we speed walked that park! :rolleyes1

The Skyliner was running that morning and it was Columbus Day, but we have been going at the same time of year since 2010--never seen the IG that crowded. YMMV

Hi YC/BC fans. Quick question.
On Wine & Dine run event mornings (e.g., 11/2) can guests who are not in the run/race walk to DHS on the regular path? We are planning super early trek to DHS for EEMH, and didn’t want to get outside and find out walking is not an option. TIA!

The only run that’ll impact the path this year is the Half on Sunday 11/3. I am nearly certain the walking path is totally inaccessible for guests that morning.

The 5k on Friday and 10k on Saturday do not use the path.

Course maps, FYI:

5k - https://guide.rundisney.events/wp-content/uploads/sites/31/2019/10/Wine-Dine-5K-2019.jpg
10k - https://guide.rundisney.events/wp-content/uploads/sites/31/2019/10/Wine-Dine-10K.jpg
Half - https://guide.rundisney.events/wp-content/uploads/sites/31/2019/10/Wine-Dine-Half.jpg

Hope that helps!

While I don't have a picture of the crowd, we rope dropped EPCOT from IG on 10/14/19. We arrived at 8:15 a.m. and were first in line at the passholder tapstile. Around 8:30 or so, we tapped in and were directed to the top of the bridge (right side of the walkway) and first to arrive. After about 10 mins or so there, we were moved to the front of Rose & Crown (all were instructed to stay on the right side of the walkway) and we remained at the front of the pack. The crowd behind us went over the bridge area and back the walkway to the tapstile area. :scared: Fortunately, the back gate crew was given the green light at 8:55 a.m. or so, but as you could imagine, the front gate crowd was already bombarding Soarin' and TT. We ran for Soarin' and had a FP for TT. Our Soarin' wait was still minimal because we speed walked that park! :rolleyes1

The Skyliner was running that morning and it was Columbus Day, but we have been going at the same time of year since 2010--never seen the IG that crowded. YMMV
Wow, just wow. I guess gone are the days of our quiet IG. You remembered that early bird gets the worm which we’ll remember too and get there first, but I’ll miss how the IG felt like such a hidden treat for those of us at those few resorts!

We were there 10/18/19 and were the 3rd group at the tapstiles at 8:20. They let us in on the hill right at the entry, before you get to the bridge or Rose & Crown. They kept us on the right side of the pavement so traffic could flow on the left. At 9 they released us and the area was pretty full on that right side of the hill down to the World Traveler store. I thought it was a light crowd for rope drop but I've never entered Epcot through IG in the morning.

The Skyliner was down for maintenance that morning, I'm not sure what kind of impact that has.

So, I have a question about the cabanas. Please forgive me if this has already been asked. I did a search, but didn’t see it. The cabanas are supposed to accommodate 6, but they are listed as having 2 lounge chairs and 2 straight back chairs. Will they bring 2 additional chairs in upon request? I called and asked about why there was only seating for 4 and was told that even though they can accommodate 6, the assumption is that 2 people may be in the pool! I didn’t think to ask if they would bring in additional seating because I was shocked at the response and there were no cabanas available for my date anyway. The CM told me to keep calling back as cancellations occur all the time. I may not bother if it is not going to be large enough for us. We are 4 adults and 2 kids – ages 15 and 10. Thanks!

So, I have a question about the cabanas. Please forgive me if this has already been asked. I did a search, but didn’t see it. The cabanas are supposed to accommodate 6, but they are listed as having 2 lounge chairs and 2 straight back chairs. Will they bring 2 additional chairs in upon request? I called and asked about why there was only seating for 4 and was told that even though they can accommodate 6, the assumption is that 2 people may be in the pool! I didn’t think to ask if they would bring in additional seating because I was shocked at the response and there were no cabanas available for my date anyway. The CM told me to keep calling back as cancellations occur all the time. I may not bother if it is not going to be large enough for us. We are 4 adults and 2 kids – ages 15 and 10. Thanks!
That’s not quite accurate, there are two lounge chairs outside and then 2x two seaters inside the cabana, so it does seat six.

There is gobs of room for 6 people, in my opinion. The cabana has a 2-person love seat/couch and two 1-person chairs (inside each cabana), and 2 lounges (in front of each cabana). I saw CMs pulling over lounge chairs from the pool area to a cabana one day allowing for four lounges in the sun in front of cabana 2. Our cabana 1 already had two additional regular pool loungers in the roped off lounger area (cabana 1 opens up directly to a sandy area in between other regular pool loungers).

Plenty of room from my perspective.

You'll be fine. It's a huge space. We're partial to Cabana 4, which is basically the farthest from the pool, the most removed from any chaos. It feels like a bigger space...if that makes sense.

Thanks for the responses about the cabanas. She must have just made up that thing about 2 people being in the pool on the fly! Now, I just have to hope for a cancellation!

We're currently booked for a 5th sleeper at CBR for Marathon Week. But I've been eyeing the discount for YC Garden/Woods View. Here are my two sticking points:
  • We'd really like a "5th sleeper" option, as we have 2 teen/tweens of different gender. But DD is 11 and 5', and thus the murphy bed at CBR is likely a tight fit. SO: if we're at YC, I'm hoping our chances would be good with a request for a room with a daybed. I'm clearly weighing the guaranteed extra bed with the size/comfort of a room with only a chance/request.
  • We're rope dropping a few times during the week, and thus good early breakfast options at the resort are helpful. Love the two breakfast options at CBR, but breakfast at Epcot resorts seems fairly limited (to then be able to get on a bus by 8 some mornings)?
I appreciate any thoughts on either issue here before I pull the trigger on an upgrade. TIA.

Would love to hear any recent dog experience at the Yacht Club. Any tips or advice?

Would love to hear any recent dog experience at the Yacht Club. Any tips or advice?
I’ve been at the BCVs since 10/23 with a lot of travel to/from/pass the YC and have not seen one dog! No tips or advice and no dogs! It’s also very warm down here right now for this time of year!

Last edited:
You'll be fine. It's a huge space. We're partial to Cabana 4, which is basically the farthest from the pool, the most removed from any chaos. It feels like a bigger space...if that makes sense.
Were you bothered by any cigarette smoke in Cabana 4? I’ve read reports that smoke floats into the cabana from people walking on the path behind the cabana.

Page 1561-1563

love all the cabana photos, thank you for posting those as well as your experiences, it is very helpful and fun to read! I will have to read all the other cabana posts to get more info on booking one of these!

We will be at BC CL April 10-15 and can't wait....:stitch:

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Hello all,
We're staying at the Beach Club in December and I am compiling the food options for my picky husband who insists on eating healthy at every meal. Are the smoothies at the Ale & Compass Market made to order with real frozen fruit? Or are they premade? Thank you!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the list.

I saw the smoothies listed at the YC Market, but I didn't pay enough attention to how they are made. I'll be interested in hearing as well.

:goodvibes

We're currently booked for a 5th sleeper at CBR for Marathon Week. But I've been eyeing the discount for YC Garden/Woods View. Here are my two sticking points:
  • We'd really like a "5th sleeper" option, as we have 2 teen/tweens of different gender. But DD is 11 and 5', and thus the murphy bed at CBR is likely a tight fit. SO: if we're at YC, I'm hoping our chances would be good with a request for a room with a daybed. I'm clearly weighing the guaranteed extra bed with the size/comfort of a room with only a chance/request.
  • We're rope dropping a few times during the week, and thus good early breakfast options at the resort are helpful. Love the two breakfast options at CBR, but breakfast at Epcot resorts seems fairly limited (to then be able to get on a bus by 8 some mornings)?
I appreciate any thoughts on either issue here before I pull the trigger on an upgrade. TIA.

:welcome: to the thread.

Not really sure about ensuring a room with a daybed, but I would hope chances would be good, especially if you explain the differences in your children's gender. There is also the possibility of a rollaway cot, although that is not the ideal solution.

A couple of pages back, I posted pictures of the coffee and pastry (and fruit) kiosk at the Beach Club. I went there for breakfast the morning we were using the resort airport luggage checkin and getting to Hollywood Studios by 6 am

::yes::

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming trip to the Yacht Club booked?

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
We returned from BCV on 10/18/19--great trip with absolutely splendid weather. Ignore the photo dates, my camera decided to change dates when I changed batteries. . .my story and I am sticking to it.

We were assigned room 405 (once again, not even close to our requested 1st floor, near lobby, pool view requests--a running theme at BCV--since our first year there pre-renovations when we didn't care if we got the updated room, we have not been able to get the room of our dreams :goodvibes). A few photos of the room:

For those who always ask--I feel this is a perfect spot for a pack-n-play/crib in a studio.

Obviously a connecting, but we had no issues outside of hearing a baby calling Mama at one point in the night--only once and when I woke to it I had to remember that those days are long gone for me. :)

Lotion to begin the vacation, but when more requested--DENIED!

View overlooking the courtyard and looking into the CL at BC. :rotfl2:

Last edited:
Continuing on with the views since I ran out of space. . .ignore the photo dates--for some reason my crazy camera changed the settings at some point. We were there from 10/10-18/19.

Left view--nothing but trees. . .

Plenty of balcony space for two.

What can I say--standard 55" tv and the table/fold out bed for which we had no use.

And the useless over the bed mirror--really--we can't have a full length mirror somewhere? Some of us are too old to jump on the bed to check out our lower half. :rolleyes1

While we weren't pleased with the high floor location (prefer the 2nd or first because hate waiting for elevators--easy going down the stairs but not so much coming up), it was fine for our needs.

We had a few issues on check-in. First, we received the "room not quite ready" text, but no "room ready text". It was fine, the day was cloudy and we went to EPCOT for nibbles, but returning and being told our room had been ready for hours was a bit of a disappointment.

When we got to the room, the dorm sized fridge (which is not the correct size for DVC studios) was leaking and the floor was soaked. Call housekeeping for a clean-up of the water and the housekeeper arrived and agreed, wrong fridge for this room. Maintenance called and he brings the same tiny dorm refrigerator versus the stainless one which would fill the space AND has a freezer compartment. The maintenance guy argued with us--literally. He finally shrugged, took the dorm fridge and left. We didn't know if we were going to get one or nor and we had perishables. He returned by the time we were unpacking and was completely apologetic noting that we were right--the fridge was the size for the resort but not the DVC. He found the correct fridge in some storage building and noted there were only three there. Hope no one else (or at least only two others) needed one. Still, don't argue with the guests--do your homework and know your property. We shouldn't have to tell them the correct size for the room AND they shouldn't be placing the wrong equipment in the rooms in the first place.

Great trip--beautiful weather. Reconnected with many people we have met over the years and had lovely interactions everywhere. Looking forward to a return. We are currently wait listed for May and keeping our fingers crossed we can book in for October--otherwise, it will be BWV for us. Not a total disappointment, but I prefer the people and the bathrooms at BCV. :D

Last edited:
:offtopic:

I need a clever Disney name for a trivia team for a tournament tomorrow night. 2 gals and 1 guy. I have one that isn’t entirely clean so I don’t know if I dare to use it.

Update from trivia on Thursday night.

We did not go with a Disney name- my team was playing in a neighboring town and we went with a name that identified us as residents across the river.

We were in the middle of the pack for most of the night, 2nd going into the final round, then we crashed and burned and finished in 4th.

:sad2:

Last edited:
Update from trivia on Thursday night.

We did not go with a Disney name- my team was playing in a neighboring town and we went with a name that identified us as residents over the river.

We were in the middle of the pack for most of the night, 2nd going into the final round, then we crashed and burned and finished in 4th.

:sad2:
Ach well there’s always next time Dee. Thanks for the update :thumbsup2

So, I managed to snag a half-day reservation on a cabana for next week. They were sold out last time I called. Any feedback yay or nay regarding Cabana 3? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter