Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Anyone know what page number the room map is on that shows the rooms at Yacht that has a walk in shower. I can’t find it. Thanks

:welcome: back!

When is your trip?

Unfortunately I am not aware of a map that has that info.

On Page 1, Post 9 (Yacht Club post), you will find a map with room numbers and view type. We don't have a map that shows things like bedding type (Queen vs. King), Daybed or shower type in each of the rooms.

If you want, or don't want this type of shower, add that as a room request.

There is also a Yacht Club Room View thread in the Community subforum on the Resorts board. In many cases, guests have reported the shower type for the room they stayed in.

:goodvibes

Last edited:

My DH just decided to take us for a quick Disney trip and booked the YC. We usually stay at BC or BW. We completely forgot about it being a dog resort.
Our DS is afraid of dogs. How bad do you think it will be? I remember it being discussed when it first started, but I haven’t heard much since.
Can any YC regulars give me some insight on how many dogs are around and if I should request a certain area? Or should we move to a different resort?

My DH just decided to take us for a quick Disney trip and booked the YC. We usually stay at BC or BW. We completely forgot about it being a dog resort.
Our DS is afraid of dogs. How bad do you think it will be? I remember it being discussed when it first started, but I haven’t heard much since.
Can any YC regulars give me some insight on how many dogs are around and if I should request a certain area? Or should we move to a different resort?

I guess we qualify as YC regulars, we stay have been staying there for about 17 years, usually more than once a year. Last year we had for 3 stays & will be there for the third time this year next week. Our stays are usually always a week long. Honestly, we hardly ever see any dogs. When we do see them, it is just 1 or 2 during the whole week. Usually someone walking a dog outside but I did see someone waiting for an elevator once & someone else had their dog in a “stroller” once. I think it would be easy to avoid any dog you see by just hanging back a bit or walking a different way. Depending on the age of your son, just distracting him for a few minutes while the dog passes by might be enough.

Originally Disney said they would assign garden view rooms near the quiet pool to guests traveling with pet dogs. But since then they have allowed guests to book any category of room. So pets & also service dogs could technically be in any area.

I suppose you could make a request to not be assigned in an adjoining room to a dog. I don’t know what the chances are for that to be honored since I haven’t read anyone report they did that. I would probably just wait & see how things are when you get there. If you happen to hear a dog next to you or are very near to one & keep seeing it, you could always ask to be moved.

I like dogs but I was not happy to hear this policy when it first came out. I don’t want to be staying in a resort listening to someone else’s dog bark or dealing with dog smell in my room. YC is our favorite resort & I didn’t want it to change or have to stay somewhere else to avoid lots of dogs. I am happy to say I was worried for nothing. Dogs are still pretty much a rare sight around the resort. I think you’ll be fine & I hope you have a great trip!!

My son and I stayed at the Yacht Club for five nights recently (11/17-11/22) and we didn’t see one dog the entire time we were there. I, honestly, don’t think it will be a problem for you. Could you see a dog on a leash? Yes. Will there be lots of dogs? I doubt it.

Have fun! The YC is my favorite.

We’ve had several trips to YC over the past year and my experience matches @focusondisney’s post above. I’ve seen a few dogs being walked outside early AM when I’ve been running, but only a couple of times. I don’t think I’ve seen any inside the resort/lobby/hallways, etc. I’m sure it can happen, just hasn’t been something we’ve experienced.

To date my most ‘extensive’ WDW encounter with a dog was at GF, a non pet hotel... for whatever that is worth. 😎

While it’s not fair for me to say “you’ll be fine” with any authority because I’m sure experiences can differ at what is ultimately a dog-friendly resort, but from our stays it doesn’t seem like something to be overly concerned about.

I hope it works out for you and you have a great trip. We love YC!

Thank you all for taking the time to share your experiences! I really appreciate it!
My son is 12 and has an anxiety disorder, but it sounds like we can do this!
He can see dogs on leashes and move around accordingly.
What about elevators? I know he would have to get off if someone tried to bring a dog on an elevator. I would think we can manage that somehow too.

I will also call and ask for a room not near a dog. Sounds like maybe an upper floor would be best?

Like others have reported here, I have never seen dogs in the area, on the Boardwalk or anywhere around the Yacht Club. My last stay there was a year ago, and never saw a single dog. Other than companion dogs, of course, and they have always been welcomed at all resorts and in the Parks.

Maybe if you think it could be a problem with the elevators you could ask for a ground-floor room. That way you could get to and from your rooms quicker while inside the resort and avoid any dogs in hallways or lobby. Also you wouldn't ever have to go up and down the elevators.

Thank you all for taking the time to share your experiences! I really appreciate it!
My son is 12 and has an anxiety disorder, but it sounds like we can do this!
He can see dogs on leashes and move around accordingly.
What about elevators? I know he would have to get off if someone tried to bring a dog on an elevator. I would think we can manage that somehow too.

I will also call and ask for a room not near a dog. Sounds like maybe an upper floor would be best?
As a regular visitor to the YC, I have, on occasion, seen a dog or two; however, that has been few and far between.

I believe that placing room requests for a high floor and away from the Quiet Pool, as well as "away from dogs," will be helpful. The designated dog walking path and dog waste stand are located next to the Quiet Pool. FYI, guests with a dog in their room are supposed to place a special door hanger on the outside of their door, indicating the presence of a dog in the room. So, you should have an idea in which guest rooms dogs are located.

If there should be a dog in an elevator, just wait for one of the other two elevators.

I honestly believe you and your family will not have any dog-related issues. If, by some chance you have any questions or problems, just visit the front desk for assistance; they are always very responsive.

You are the best! Thank you for all of your help!
And thank you to everyone who didn’t say that he shouldn’t be afraid. It’s not his fault. The kid can swim out in the middle of the ocean with no fear, but can’t handle dogs or cats!
Much Disney love to all of you!

I'm claustrophobic. If I'm in an elevator and too many other people decide to get in, I'll get out and wait for the next one. You could do the same thing if someone with a dog got in.

Stayed at BC last March in a “Deluxe” room (which was actually an ADA compliant room remarketed as “deluxe” and woke up next morning to Some lovely dog owner letting their dog take a dump right under our “water view” window. Nice. Wasn’t the primary reason we’ll never stay there again, but definitely wasn’t great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!