Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

You are the best! Thank you for all of your help!
And thank you to everyone who didn’t say that he shouldn’t be afraid. It’s not his fault. The kid can swim out in the middle of the ocean with no fear, but can’t handle dogs or cats!
Much Disney love to all of you!

No criticism from me. I am a 62 year old college educated medical professional. I have a totally irrational fear of heights. I am pretty sure I am going to die on the tower of terror. You won’t find me on it or any roller coaster, We can’t help our fears!

Have a great vacation!

I’m here now with my mother and I almost had to bring my almost 2 male neutered Rhodesian along if my female hadn’t had a split heat just due to my husband’s schedule for work and being out of the house for longer than we should crate to separate. My male since neutering would be the perfect hotel dog as he normally doesn’t bark, howl and can sleep all day if given some exercise along with how much he’s been trained (advanced and urban canine good citizen, advanced tricks and now heading towards therapy dog work).

I’m kinda glad I didn’t as there is a dog near us that probably shouldn’t have been brought along as it has separation anxiety when it’s humans leave the room. We’ve only heard in the hallway but I know my male would have probably would have done a howl in solidarity for their cries or pawed at the door as we walked to our room.

I think people need to be realistic about their dogs if they do bring them.

We’ve seen a few others while here and perfect behavior otherwise.

Hi Dee!

Can you add us to the list- we’re coming back!
August 14-22. YC. GV room. We’re bringing our youngest dgs for his first visit. He’ll be 17 months so wish us luck. After that we’re headed up to St Augustine to help the kids get settled in at Flagler. Can’t believe Kaylie will be starting her senior year and Owen his junior year!

What are your thoughts about the shampoo and conditioner at YC & BC? Any good?

Thinking about buying it from the Disney website tomorrow

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

What are your thoughts about the shampoo and conditioner at YC & BC? Any good?

Thinking about buying it from the Disney website tomorrow

My DH loves the shampoo. I don’t use them because I dye my hair & don’t think they are good for dyed hair. Sorry. I love the body wash tho! I intended to buy some of both for home when we’re there next week. I guess maybe I should check the website, thanks!

My DH loves the shampoo. I don’t use them because I dye my hair & don’t think they are good for dyed hair. Sorry. I love the body wash tho! I intended to buy some of both for home when we’re there next week. I guess maybe I should check the website, thanks!
Same here - my husband loves the Disney Sea Salt stuff, because his hair is shorter and thicker than mine. I have long, dyed hair and it makes me a dry frizzy mess. I think it adds to the texture.

Thanks

Rakuten (Ebates) is offering 10% off on Disney products and CYBER is the code for shop Disney to get more discounts. Sounds like I'll be trying the shampoo!! Also shopping for toys for the kids!

Thanks

Rakuten (Ebates) is offering 10% off on Disney products and CYBER is the code for shop Disney to get more discounts. Sounds like I'll be trying the shampoo!! Also shopping for toys for the kids!

Ha! I went thru Rakuten too. :thumbsup2 Got a couple of bottles each of shampoo & body wash.

The code is good for up to 30% off, I only bought enough to qualify for 20% off. But with the extra 10% from Rakuten, it was a better deal than my AP discount would have been. And now I don’t need to save room for it in my suitcase. Thanks again for the heads up coz I never would have thought about buying online.

Its just yacht club that allows dogs right? Beach club doesn't allow them? Just wanted to double make sure since we are booked Beach Club and my son doesn't like dogs either - just wanted to make sure we are ok! Thanks! I know they are attached resorts but just wanted to make sure.

Its just yacht club that allows dogs right? Beach club doesn't allow them? Just wanted to double make sure since we are booked Beach Club and my son doesn't like dogs either - just wanted to make sure we are ok! Thanks! I know they are attached resorts but just wanted to make sure.
yep!

I’m here at the BC for the first time and of course there is a little competition going in my head between here and The Poly where we stayed last time. One place the Poly is ahead is stairs. Is there no way to take the stairs at the Beach Club? I like to take stairs down whenever I can.

I’m here at the BC for the first time and of course there is a little competition going in my head between here and The Poly where we stayed last time. One place the Poly is ahead is stairs. Is there no way to take the stairs at the Beach Club? I like to take stairs down whenever I can.
There are quite a few staircases at the Beach Club. They are the fire exits and are at the corners of the building. One exit door is next to room 1500 and lets you out very close to the path to the International Gateway. The only area that doesn't have stairs to the ground floor is the area above the restaurants and service areas, although there is a set next to Cape May that works pretty well.

There are quite a few staircases at the Beach Club. They are the fire exits and are at the corners of the building. One exit door is next to room 1500 and lets you out very close to the path to the International Gateway. The only area that doesn't have stairs to the ground floor is the area above the restaurants and service areas, although there is a set next to Cape May that works pretty well.
Agreed, we used stairs all the time - only got in an elevator once when we were carrying lots of shopping.

Yes that is correct.
But Service Animals are allowed at every resort so it is always possible there could be a dog at BC.

Its just yacht club that allows dogs right? Beach club doesn't allow them?

Just a little clarification..... YC allows pet dogs. All resorts must allow service & emotional support dogs. So there is a possibility of running into dogs at every resort. And while dogs are supposed to be walked in the designated areas, you might see them being walked on the walkways around both resorts. Not common, but it is a possibility.

Hi guys. Checking out tomorrow.
Left an almost full 24 pack of Coke Zero in the laundry room at the Villas for whoever can use.
We also have a ton of hangers we got at Walmart, adult and children’s sizes, that we won’t need that we can leave there also.
Also we have a Graco pack n play with a 3” foam mattress that we purchased specifically for this trip and have only been used here that we will be leaving behind also if anyone could use it. My son is sleeping in it tonight but we can leave in laundry room tomorrow morning (Tuesday 12/3).

Hi guys. Checking out tomorrow.
Left an almost full 24 pack of Coke Zero in the laundry room at the Villas for whoever can use.
We also have a ton of hangers we got at Walmart, adult and children’s sizes, that we won’t need that we can leave there also.
Also we have a Graco pack n play with a 3” foam mattress that we purchased specifically for this trip and have only been used here that we will be leaving behind also if anyone could use it. My son is sleeping in it tonight but we can leave in laundry room tomorrow morning (Tuesday 12/3).

How thoughtful of you. I am sure you’ve just made someone’s trip easier!

We check into the Beach Club tomorrow morning. We are really looking forward to being there during the Christmas season. I just hope our MagicBands work to open the room door this time. It was a real mess in October and took at least 1/2 hour to fix. We'll bring the same bands that worked last time and see if that helps.

We check into the Beach Club tomorrow morning. We are really looking forward to being there during the Christmas season. I just hope our MagicBands work to open the room door this time. It was a real mess in October and took at least 1/2 hour to fix. We'll bring the same bands that worked last time and see if that helps.

Look at this (starting at Post 5). Someone presents a theory that BC has a policy which impacts which Magic Bands will open your door. I do not know if the person who said it is a castmember with actual knowledge of the policy being implemented, or is just repeating something which may be inaccurate. Honestly, I am not sure I believe it but I'm trying not to be too negative when stating my opinion.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/magic-bands-as-room-keys.3780911/#post-61309509

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!