Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Returning to BC May 27-June 4. We will be transferring on May 27 from Universal's Royal Pacific Resort, so what time should we arrive at BC? We plan to spend the day at the resort, relax by the pool, lunch at Beaches & Cream, maybe play miniature golf, visit the Boardwalk, etc. Would arriving at 10:00 or 10:30 be too early? I know we can check our bags if the room is not ready.

We had a split stay last February and arrived at the BC from WL around 10am. Our plan was to spend the day at Storm Along Bay until our room was ready. We had packed so that it would be easy to check our regular bags at Bell Services and have a smaller bag with us at the pool. Our plan worked perfectly. There are very nice showers near the BC entrance of the main pool. There are also lockers just inside the BC entrance where you can lock your belongs up. They are a standard half locker size, not big enough for large suitcases.

The main pool isn't crowded that early in the day and we found a great place to hang out. They have food and drink service at the pool. We ordered lunch and had it delivered without leaving our chairs. Our room was ready in the early afternoon. It was a nice way to handle a split stay day. :)

Interesting - where is the path to bare right at? Is it just outside the front of the BCV entrance door by Ariel?

If you exit the main door of the villas building, by the Ariel statue, then you would take the sidewalk that goes around the BC building on the Epcot side of the building. That sidewalk will take you to the sidewalk that leads to the International Gateway. That sidewalk doesn't have a dead end. :)

Last edited:
If you exit the main door of the villas building, by the Ariel statue, then you would take the sidewalk that goes around the BC building on the Epcot side of the building. That sidewalk will take you to the sidewalk that leads to the International Gateway. That sidewalk doesn't have a dead end. :)

I'm on Google Maps satellite right now trying to figure it out. Hope I can figure this out! Thanks for you help :-)

Interesting - where is the path to bare right at? Is it just outside the front of the BCV entrance door by Ariel?
Okay, I'm going to get detailed on the directions to get from BCV lobby to IG without going inside BC.
Exit BCV lobby heading to BC. You'll have two choices; straight to Solarium/BC main lobby or left to BC Marketplace. Take the left to BC Marketplace, walk about 50 feet and take first left to begin the journey. You'll go another 50 - 60 feet and then you'll take a right. Taking a left will bring you to the "dead end". I'm actually surprised that there's no sign to indicate that direction to IG. You'll go another couple of hundred of feet and will be forced to go left. Then another couple hundred of feet and forced to go right. Another few hundred feet and you'll come into the pathway to IG just below the hill that goes to BW and IG. So, out of the BCV lobby it's left, left, right, left, right, and left on to the pathway to IG.

Okay, I'm going to get detailed on the directions to get from BCV lobby to IG without going inside BC.
Exit lobby BCV heading to BC. You'll have two choices; straight to Solarium or left to BC Marketplace.
Take the left to BC Marketplace, walk about 50 feet and take first left to begin the journey. You'll go another 50 - 60 feet and then you'll take a right. Taking a left will bring you to the "dead end". I'm actually surprised that there's no sign to indicate that direction to IG. You'll go another couple of hundred of feet and will be forced to go left. Then another couple hundred of feet and forced to go right. Another few hundred feet and you'll come into the pathway to IG just below the hill that goes to BW and IG. So, out of the BCV lobby it's left, left, right, left, right, and left on to the pathway to IG.

You're amazing, I've just taken a screenshot of your post so I have it with me. Thank you so much!!

:welcome: back!

I believe that is true, at least it was prior to the renovation that happened a couple of years ago. There are 5 YC CL GV rooms, 2 with King Beds, which leaves 3 with 2 Queen Beds

::yes::

Thanks very much

Do you happen to know if all 3 of these rooms have day beds ? A comment on Touring Plans suggests at least one of the rooms does.

👍

You're amazing, I've just taken a screenshot of your post so I have it with me. Thank you so much!!

Here's another tip. Once you get on that pathway to IG, instead of going over the top of the hill go right and walk along side the river way. No hills to climb and it takes you to the bottom of the hill that you would have just climbed and it does not take any longer to walk it. You will walk under the bridge. We have timed it many times with our group yet it saves on the calf muscles unless extra exercise is your goal!

Exit BCV lobby heading to BC. You'll have two choices; straight to Solarium/BC main lobby or left to BC Marketplace. Take the left to BC Marketplace, walk about 50 feet and take first left to begin the journey. You'll go another 50 - 60 feet and then you'll take a right. Taking a left will bring you to the "dead end". I'm actually surprised that there's no sign to indicate that direction to IG. You'll go another couple of hundred of feet and will be forced to go left. Then another couple hundred of feet and forced to go right. Another few hundred feet and you'll come into the pathway to IG just below the hill that goes to BW and IG. So, out of the BCV lobby it's left, left, right, left, right, and left on to the pathway to IG.

Following along on this super helpful advice. I think this is the path you mean, right?
E1B7B243-1A0D-4C85-962D-2361B6149DE7.jpeg

Here's another tip. Once you get on that pathway to IG, instead of going over the top of the hill go right and walk along side the river way. No hills to climb and it takes you to the bottom of the hill that you would have just climbed and it does not take any longer to walk it. You will walk under the bridge. We have timed it many times with our group yet it saves on the calf muscles unless extra exercise is your goal!

Brilliant advice. My calves need all the help they can get, while we’re at Disney World. :worship:

View attachment 469631
Do not swallow the pool water 😖
Now that's a TIP!!! :rotfl:

6502855.jpg

~NM

Page 1590-1592

I’m interested in finding out the ins and outs of crib delivery too. Dgs dies not sleep well in pack and play and a full crib is just a request, so we are thinking about renting a crib

Side note Dee- once again I’ve tweaked our plans. We are now at GF Sugarloaf CL July 4-6 and then transferring to YV July 6-14. We were only able to book a standard view with FD, but I’m hoping I can upgrade to gc at check in!

Got it!

Is August trip still on, off or not decided yet?

:goodvibes

@natebenma since I’ll be staying at CBR this summer Ive been looking into Skyliner and from what I read, the busses run regularly in the early mornings dropping off at the usual bus loop at Ep or DHS. Then when the Skyliner starts, the bus service goes to the new hourly schedule for DHS & Ep.

That makes sense.

Thank you for the clarification!

:thumbsup2

I edited the original post to add that it was 2662, and it’s noisy. Unbelievably noisy. You are effectively sleeping in all the chaos of the BC lobby. It is the loudest room we’ve ever stayed in. Think All Stars during Pop Warner loud and then double it. DH wears earplugs to sleep, so he didn’t mind as much, but I had trouble sleeping.

None of the four rooms along this section of hall seem to have a balcony, and with where ours was positioned you couldn’t even really see out the window much. It was different. I think it would have bugged me if the weather was better, but it was too cold to happily sit outside much anyway.

The room is huge feeling on the inside, though, and we loved the layout. It‘s also very easy to access, close to the elevators and stairs. We used the stairs on the Cape May side as a shortcut to SAB, to avoid traipsing through the lobby in wet swimwear.

I don’t know if I’d stay in that room again, though, due to the noise level. I think it would be worth putting up with DH hogging a queen size bed to avoid the noise.

Thanks for providing the room number. I don't think I would like this one at all!

:sad2:

Returning to YC CL March 8-12 and then a night at The Riviera Resort March 12 before heading home on the 13th.

I'll add you to the list.

Enjoy your trip!

:cool1:

Returning to BC May 27-June 4. We will be transferring on May 27 from Universal's Royal Pacific Resort, so what time should we arrive at BC? We plan to spend the day at the resort, relax by the pool, lunch at Beaches & Cream, maybe play miniature golf, visit the Boardwalk, etc. Would arriving at 10:00 or 10:30 be too early? I know we can check our bags if the room is not ready.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Feel free to arrive anytime you want to start enjoying the resort. Check-in can happen starting at either 6 am or 7 am for that day (not sure which). It is highly unlikely that a room would be ready and difficult to know when one would become available. But as you pointed out, you can check your bags with Bell services and are free to use the resort facilities, including the pools. SAB will probably open at 9 in May, there are now poolside showers and changing rooms in addition to lockers available for us free-of-charge.

In 2013, my family transferred from the Hard Rock at Universal to the Beach Club after spending the morning at IoA. We arrived at the Beach Club around 11 or noon and went to Magic Kingdom that afternoon.

:woohoo:

Last edited:
How is everyone getting from BC to HS early in the morning to get in the park before the virtual que for ROTR opens?

I’m so excited to be staying at the Beach Club in June. I’ve seen some room pictures with shades and some with full curtains. Is there a way to insure blackout curtains?

Page 1593-1594

Hey, thanks everyone for the helpful info about BCV!

I'll try to get maps and other info describing the paths from there to the BC and to EPCOT onto Page 1 soon.

:thanks:

Well, Christmas at Beach Club has turned into Christmas at Boardwalk, so Beach Club will remain on the bucket list of Disney resorts. Gotta get in that awesome pool one of these days.

Excited about Boardwalk though!

Thanks for letting us know. Have a fantastic holiday trip. At least it will be convenient for you to cross the pond to visit the carousel at the BC and the model train set up at YC

:santa:

Thanks very much

Do you happen to know if all 3 of these rooms have day beds ? A comment on Touring Plans suggests at least one of the rooms does.

👍

I'll see if I have further info.

ETA- From the Yacht Club View Thread on the Resorts Community Subforum

Yacht Club, Club Level, Garden View

One of the YC CL GV rooms

Room 5148 - need pictures/info for this room

Room 5150

Room 5152

Room 5154

Room 5198

5198, March 2019 King Bed

Pre-renovation:

Gazebo View:

5148 ???
5150 2 Queens, Daybed "Florida Special" (whatever that means)
5152 2 Queens, Chair with Ottoman
5154 2 Queens, Daybed

Back Entrance Courtyard View:

5198 King Bed and Chair

Following along on this super helpful advice. I think this is the path you mean, right?
View attachment 469624

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip? May? BCV?

:cool1:

How is everyone getting from BC to HS early in the morning to get in the park before the virtual que for ROTR opens?

:welcome:

When is your trip? Oct? BC?

:goodvibes

As posted below, probably the most common and reliable method is to walk since the timing is under your control.

You could take a taxi/Lyft/Uber/Minnie Van $$$

The boat is currently running early enough to get you to HS before opening, but there is always a risk that the early boats may fill so you have to wait for another one to come along

I don't believe the gondola is currently operating during the early hours and even if it was, it take an out-of-the-way route to get you there from the International Gateway.

We have also had sightings of early morning buses to HS recently, while guests were waiting for transportation to MK or AK. I am trying to get additional information about that.

:chewy:

Walking, for the most part, I imagine.

:welcome: and thanks for your input!

🚶‍♂️🚶‍♀️

I’m so excited to be staying at the Beach Club in June. I’ve seen some room pictures with shades and some with full curtains. Is there a way to insure blackout curtains?

Great question.

What room view do you have? Standard, Garden or Water?

Is the problem most prevalent if you have a SAB view or are there other bothersome light sources with other views?

I'm not sure how many rooms have the black out curtains and which have the shades. You could always add a request for "Room with Blackout Curtains" to your reservation through Disney Central Reservations.

1) Go to front desk to see if there is another room available with the curtains that you can change to
2) Clothespins?
3) Bring along dark paper and painters tape, or other tape that wouldn't cause paint damage, to block out light.

What are other suggestions if you get a room with the shades?

💡

Last edited:
The FriendShip boats start running slightly before 6:00 a.m. for a 7:00 a.m. park opening, with the Boardwalk being the originating point on the very early runs, followed by YC/BC dock, then Swan/Dolphin, and on to final destination of DHS.
The Roman shades only are in rooms with Juliette balconies. The rooms with full balconies and sliding patio doors have draw draperies.

Last edited:
The Roman shades only are in rooms with Juliette balconies. The rooms with full balconies and sliding patio doors have draw draperies.

Thanks for this additional info. I didn't know (or didn't remember) that it was the rooms without the full balconies that have the shades. But I guess that makes sense!

The first time we walked to DHS and the second time there was a boat waiting at the dock, so we took it. :)

If your room is on the top floor of the section you are in then you most likely will have the Roman Shades. If you ask for a lower floor you would increase your chance of having regular blackout curtains.
The Roman shades only are in rooms with Juliette balconies.
We have had Juliette balconies and regular blackout curtains. :)
room 3571

Thanks for this additional info. I didn't know (or didn't remember) that it was the rooms without the full balconies that have the shades. But I guess that makes sense!

room 4709 - Juliette balcony, blackout curtains

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!