Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I am wondering if anyone who has been recently can tell me if the sand pails are still available at SAB. I will bring my own for my kids if not but I’m trying to pack light.

Jumping off the question posed by @NanetteG is the shower room by SAB closed now? We used that shower after our check out day swim pre-Covid. We aren’t back until January, but I was wondering. Thanks

I read on two blogs dated 07/24/2020 that all public showers at Walt Disney World are closed until further notice. This includes showers at fitness centers and pool restrooms. Note that this was not from an official Disney source, and blogs are not always accurate.

Skyliner is Disney’s “official” (loose word) transportation substitute for the Friendship Boats at the moment. If the Skyliner is down for weather or whatnot, I “assume” (although don’t know this for fact) that they shift some buses into service. Perhaps that is what was going on when you saw a DHS bus? Just throwing out ideas, again I’m not sure if they are or not, or if the default for weather is just you have to walk.
Does anyone know why the boats are not running?

Here is my post from the Boardwalk Inn - Villas thread with the very recent announcement by Disney.

Dave
Sorry, I stay in a state of confusion these days. For some reason I mixed up BCV with BWV and thought the slide was the one at SAB. Nevermind. :oops:

I’m assuming some combination of Disney being cheap; the distancing required in the boats would make it less efficient at moving people; BC & BWI resort sides and whichever side of the Swolphin closes during the week (I can’t keep track of the details there) being closed = less guest demand and Disney is content to have walking/Skyliner be the options. Probably some of all of the above would be my guess.

At first I thought it was a distancing thing, but then we saw the boats running from one side of World Showcase to the other. It may be that the temperature check line w/ social distancing markers in place, runs down to where the line for the friendship boats would load and unload at the Epcot dock.

At the Yacht Club right now. If anyone has a question about what’s going on right now, I’ll be glad to try to find out the answer!

Are you still able to get ice and water from the beverage dispensers at the Marketplace and at Hurricane Hanna's? We never bought bottled water. We always used the water from the beverage dispensers to refill our bottle. I would hate to have to buy bottled water.

I’m assuming some combination of Disney being cheap; the distancing required in the boats would make it less efficient at moving people; BC & BWI resort sides and whichever side of the Swolphin closes during the week (I can’t keep track of the details there) being closed = less guest demand and Disney is content to have walking/Skyliner be the options. Probably some of all of the above would be my guess.
I certainly hope this is not permanent. While we usually walk everywhere, it is nice to have the option of the boats when we want them. It is much further to walk from BC/YC to epcot skyliner to change at CBR to go to HS. I am going to write to disney now.

At first I thought it was a distancing thing, but then we saw the boats running from one side of World Showcase to the other. It may be that the temperature check line w/ social distancing markers in place, runs down to where the line for the friendship boats would load and unload at the Epcot dock.

It may also be that those boats are internal to Epcot and that everyone on them has been through a health check. Perhaps they could set up a health check at the entrance to the boats docks at YC/BC and BW.

Not sure the boats would need the health check - do they do them for the buses? I honestly don't know - not being sarcastic.... But I do think that the buses are really restricted in the number of passenger groups they can load - maybe it's because there are fewer boats and the lines would be really really long. :confused3

We swapped rooms to stay at the BWV, so I'm going to bow out of this thread (unless I change my mind again - in which case, I'll see you later!). I can't wait to pop over and have dinner at YC, though. It's such a lovely resort.

Here you go! New one on top of old one:

View attachment 526320

PS. Sorry if I distrbed someone’s floats to get the picture! I didn’t realize they were spoken for until I moved it and saw some shoes underneath! Many apologies!

Thank you so much!!! The new floats look really nice.

So they have both options available?

:fish:

I am wondering if anyone who has been recently can tell me if the sand pails are still available at SAB. I will bring my own for my kids if not but I’m trying to pack light.

I asked this just after the YC/HH/SAB reopened and the response was yes, they do still give out the pails with the kids' meals.

:goodvibes

Where is the mug refill station at with the Yacht/Beach? Boardwalk is at the bakery, right?

Not sure the boats would need the health check - do they do them for the buses? I honestly don't know - not being sarcastic.... But I do think that the buses are really restricted in the number of passenger groups they can load - maybe it's because there are fewer boats and the lines would be really really long. :confused3

I don't know either, just guessing at the reason why they are not running them. We will be walking in December if the boats are not running as there is no way I am getting on a skyliner!

You are right about distancing, and the boats can get pretty full. I do not think the buses have health checks, but how many of them are picking up at multiple resorts?

Where is the mug refill station at with the Yacht/Beach? Boardwalk is at the bakery, right?
In normal times, when things aren't closed, the mug refill stations are at the two Marketplaces - Yacht Club and Beach Club, and at Hurricane Hanna's. There is a bottle refill station inside Storm Along Bay near the restrooms. I'm not sure what is open and what is closed now, though.

Are you still able to get ice and water from the beverage dispensers at the Marketplace and at Hurricane Hanna's? We never bought bottled water. We always used the water from the beverage dispensers to refill our bottle. I would hate to have to buy bottled water.

I asked today at the Market at Ale & Compass, and the CM said that they will give out cups of ice water. When I asked about refilling water bottles, she repeated that they give cups of ice water. Sorry that’s not a very exact answer. Hopefully some one here can chime in with a first hand experience filling their bottle.

I asked today at the Market at Ale & Compass, and the CM said that they will give out cups of ice water. When I asked about refilling water bottles, she repeated that they give cups of ice water. Sorry that’s not a very exact answer. Hopefully some one here can chime in with a first hand experience filling their bottle.

My guess is that they will give you a cup of water and you pour it into your water bottle. But I am not speaking from first-hand experience.

CMs are t going to touch your bottles and they’re not going to let you use the machine. You’ll just need to ask for more cups and fill your own bottle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!