Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hellllloooooo!!!!!!!! :wave:

Opens door slightly and peers inside…… and jumps in with both feet and arms waving manically above head :yay:. I’m back.

Hello, to all my old friends in here and to all the new acquaintances that I am about to make. :love:

I’m pleased to announce that we have booked our beloved :worship: Yacht Club for 21-31 July 2020. Virgin finally received their allocation of rooms and we were quick to snap up a Garden/Woods view (or as its also known "Tennis Court View" :rolleyes1 which was what we had last trip).

Prior to arriving at Disney we will be spending 9 nights out on Idrive and the Darkside.

The trip is going to be a celebration of our DD finishing secondary school before moving onto further education. Our dates have been carefully chosen to be after prom and before exam results! Unfortunately it means she will miss celebrating her sweet sixteen in Disney and we will miss returning to our wedding venue on our anniversary.

We are really excited to see in person the refurbed rooms and the new counter service area and changes to dining. We have of course been keeping an eye on all the Youtube videos and vlogs to keep up to date with what has been going on since our last Yacht Club visit in 2016. I will say that I had to watch 5 room videos before someone actually opened that middle cupboard in the bureau!!!! I was literally shouting at the screen “open the dang cupboard people”.

I plan to spend many an evening reading over this thread as I’ve avoided it for quite some time and know that I will have a lot to catch up on.

So, Dee, please can we be added to Be Our Guest for 21-31 July 2020 (I’ve just had a quick look and we will be the furthest out booking!!!!!!)

:disrocks:

I am booked for a stay at the Beach Club from Aug 11 - Aug 16. While I was on the phone with Disney booking cabanas by the pool, the cast member told me that after October 13th, more cabanas will be available and will be booked and priced out based on the location of the cabana. I was able to secure a cabana for 2 full days.

I am booked for a stay at the Beach Club from Aug 11 - Aug 16. While I was on the phone with Disney booking cabanas by the pool, the cast member told me that after October 13th, more cabanas will be available and will be booked and priced out based on the location of the cabana. I was able to secure a cabana for 2 full days.

Interesting. When I called to quote late August dates, the CM on the phone described Cabanas numbered 1-4 with specific locations, but then said that none of them had availability my date. He was able to load a general rate cabana without a guaranteed location. I bet he was trying to quote me the new cabanas you're referencing.

Interesting. When I called to quote late August dates, the CM on the phone described Cabanas numbered 1-4 with specific locations, but then said that none of them had availability my date. He was able to load a general rate cabana without a guaranteed location. I bet he was trying to quote me the new cabanas you're referencing.
When I called they asked if I wanted a “poolside” cabana or “pool deck” cabana. I said I had little kids and wanted to be by the sandy pool and they put me in cabana 2. Id still like to know where exactly that is but as of yet haven’t seen any maps or diagrams floating around the internet. I’ll be there next Sunday so I’ll let you guys know.

When I called they asked if I wanted a “poolside” cabana or “pool deck” cabana. I said I had little kids and wanted to be by the sandy pool and they put me in cabana 2. Id still like to know where exactly that is but as of yet haven’t seen any maps or diagrams floating around the internet. I’ll be there next Sunday so I’ll let you guys know.

There are pictures of cabanas on page one of this thread. And I took a lot of pictures when we stayed there at the end of February.

Here is a link to my pictures:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-post-1-13-14.3400342/page-1410#post-60314453

I saw on a dining blog that BC will be offering a mother’s Day chocolate party, any idea of time or how we attend?

We are here! Flight left at 6am, delays due to storms and we finally arrived within minutes of our Beaches and Cream 3pm reservation.

I was a bit irked because as of 3:30 our YC room was still not ready. Then I got a msg to go to the desk in regards to my reservation. I just knew they’d overbooked and were going to try and move me....but noooo. I got upgraded to Club Level!!!

I’m over the moon!

How can I be added to the Be Our Guest list? I posted a couple of times to request but not sure if I'm looking at an updated list I found on page 15.

We will be staying at the Yacht Club 10/24-10/29/19 in two garden view rooms. It will be our first time staying at the Yacht Club and we are super excited! The first room will have myself, my DS, DSW, DGD5 and DGD8 and second room will have DS32 and DS25. I'm hoping for some tips on room requests. We are hoping overlooking the Gazebo, high floor close to lobby (such as room 4091).

Absolutely- so sorry it has taken me so long to get to this. I'm way behind. I read all of the posts here at least once a day, but I don't always have the chance to update or respond.

I WILL get your trip added to the list before you actually go on vacation!

:blush:

Absolutely- so sorry it has taken me so long to get to this. I'm way behind. I read all of the posts here at least once a day, but I don't always have the chance to update or respond.

I WILL get your trip added to the list before you actually go on vacation!

:blush:

Thank you! I'm sorry I sounded so impatient! Just so super excited for our return home!

We are here! Flight left at 6am, delays due to storms and we finally arrived within minutes of our Beaches and Cream 3pm reservation.

I was a bit irked because as of 3:30 our YC room was still not ready. Then I got a msg to go to the desk in regards to my reservation. I just knew they’d overbooked and were going to try and move me....but noooo. I got upgraded to Club Level!!!

I’m over the moon!

Congratulations on the upgrade! That is awesome!!

How many Cabanas are there in total. The pictures you took look like there were 4 near the sandy beach pool area near the YC walkway to the lighthouse. Are there others closer to the BC?
There are just 4 [for now]. All located adjacent to the yacht club path and walkway that goes around crescent lake.

Hi folks. Booked 3 weeks at YC in July 2020. We have a garden room booked but would really like a room with a daybed and full balcony if thats possible. Any advice on a request ? Stayed at BC before but first time at YC

Thanks in advance

Hi folks. Booked 3 weeks at YC in July 2020. We have a garden room booked but would really like a room with a daybed and full balcony if thats possible. Any advice on a request ? Stayed at BC before but first time at YC

Thanks in advance
Make daybed your first (and maybe only) request. Unlike BC - almost all YC rooms have a full balcony. That is the main reason that we have always chosen YC over BC - don't want to take a chance!

So excited!! We'll be at the YC tomorrow by early afternoon! Fingers crossed our room is ready. We have a 6:30 am flight. Luckily ours is a small airport and only have to be there an hour before the flight, but we're 45 minutes away! We have the MK DAH tomorrow night and we're all going to need a good long nap when we arrive! We may be the ones napping in the lounge chairs by the pool. lol
Please let me know how it all goes your first day please. We are doing the same in a few weeks. Early flight and late night Villains DAH.

Hi all! Hanging out in our room at YC this morning. We have tickets to Avengers this afternoon so we are heading to Disney Springs around noon. We have had a great week. Crowds have been manageable despite it being Easter week. Probably the best weather trip ever, 70s & 80s, almost no humidity. It is rainy this morning, only rain all week. We actually haven’t been in the pool all week tho. The pool has been crowded every afternoon & we aren’t big swimmers. Plus we’re getting old so the thought of dragging a suit on & off, searching for chairs & dealing with a crowd hasn’t been appealing.

The staff has been friendly & professional as always. We don’t need help ever, but we always get the greetings, coming & going. We have stayed here multiple times a year for over 15 years. We never expect anyone to remember us, but I could tell this time, a few of them recognized us. Even if they don’t remember our names. You can tell by how their facial expressions change when they see you that they do recognize you. So that is nice.

The lounge has been busy, but never crazy. There are some new food options in the evening but there seemed to be fewer desserts. I have some notes & will post those after we are home. Don’t know if anyone has mentioned it, but they have the popular POG juice here now too. Don’t remember if it was out at breakfast, but definitely out with the afternoon snacks.

After being waaaay down the hall on our last 2 trips, I made a request for a room closer to the lounge & I absolutely love our room. It’s still in great shape. I noticed 2 little things in the bathroom that show a bit of a quality workmanship issue. The grout outside the shower is already discoloring & disintegrating. And the seals that hold the seat on the toilet are way out of place. Neither affect the room function, but only 2 years after the remodel, doesn’t seem like these should be happening already. The floor & furniture are in great shape tho.

Couple of things, no longer received the small sunscreen with the room amenities. And they did not leave the individual itineraries under our door each night either. We had both of those in February so it must be a recent change. I know, not a big deal, but those were nice little touches that seemed to elevate the club rooms to a higher level. Sad to see them missing, even tho we only got them for a short time.

Ok, and I don’t remember anyone talking about this yet either. I noticed in February there was no pen or small pad of paper in the room. I thought it might just be that room, because there was no desk there. But nope, no pen or note pad in this room either. Didn’t notice them on the housekeepers carts either. So I assume they are just gone! And I personally think that stinks!! Sometimes you do just want to jot something down. I kept a listing of my gift card spending. If I hadn’t brought a pen with me, I couldn’t have even done that. And yes, those pens & pads made nice little souvenirs. I am going to treasure the ones I have at home even more now.

That’s it for now, we have a late flight tomorrow & I have a family function Sunday. But I will post some more Monday, including the lounge foods we saw.
Thanks for the update! We arrive tomorrow. Nothing like last minute forum review. Somehow it got away from me this trip and now don’t feel prepared.

Bummed about the sunscreen. Perfect for arrival day. I assume still no bottles of water in the room (seems to have been permanently removed awhile ago), but do they still have the stormalong bay punch in the afternoon?

TIA

We also thought the desserts were a bit sparse, even compared to our BC CL stay in February. The food was okay overall, but nothing wow like our stay at BWI CL. (I loved the food there, I just didn’t like the resort theme or layout.) The freezer full of ice cream at YC/BC CL can’t be beat, though.

We had room 5195, which was in great shape and in a great location, but the A/C was exuberant and there’s a huge (loud) fan in the hallway just outside the room. Also no pen/notepad, but we did have sunscreen so I’d ask for that if you want some. We did find mousekeeping was a little stingy with toiletries, and one day they took away the empties but didn’t restock so I had to call for supplies.

You were lucky and missed the torrential downpours of Good Friday. Very soggy afternoon and evening. We did swim every day, though, usually first thing in the morning or later in the evening, so no problems finding a chair.

Overall, I thought the Easter crowds were nowhere near as bad as Presidents’ Day weekend. Maybe because it was so late this year?
Freezer of ice cream?!?!? That must be newish. What were the selections? Not sure I needed this (Sorry if asked and answered numerous times. Rushed to read the latest posts).

Freezer of ice cream?!?!? That must be newish. What were the selections? Not sure I needed this (Sorry if asked and answered numerous times. Rushed to read the latest posts).

Both the YC and BC club lounges have a small freezer in one corner of the food area, filled with small single-serving tubs of chocolate and vanilla ice cream and frozen lemonade ice bars. Just open and take one and eat it. Repeat. DH's favourite part of club level. YC/BC are the only lounges where we've had it, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!