Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

When I called and reserved, my confirmation has "Cabana 2" on it.

So I had to call back earlier because during my first call I forgot to get my AP discount. The woman I spoke to said that cabanas can't be picked and that they are all first come first served?

I also didn't receive any sort of physical confirmation other than the number they told me over the phone. Did you get an email for yours? Or is yours coming up in the next few days?

So I had to call back earlier because during my first call I forgot to get my AP discount. The woman I spoke to said that cabanas can't be picked and that they are all first come first served?

I also didn't receive any sort of physical confirmation other than the number they told me over the phone. Did you get an email for yours? Or is yours coming up in the next few days?

Sorry I edited my original post to make it clearer than I originally posted -- we're not going until November and was able to select a specific cabana and our reservation on MDE says: "Yacht Club Poolside Cabana 2 - Full-Day"

An aside note, if my DH is reading this: :wave2:

Sorry I edited my original post to make it clearer than I originally posted -- we're not going until November and was able to select a specific cabana and our reservation on MDE says: "Yacht Club Poolside Cabana 2 - Full-Day"

I do remember receiving one of the disney long reservation numbers. From what we were told when we checked the cabanas out, cabanas 1 and 2 tend to go first to full day reservations. When we made our reservation, back in March for May, I think it was first come/first serve. Clearly noted full day reservations get priority for the cabanas closest to the pool....also those that have more people in them get priority. Looks like your full day reservation got you one of the closer cabanas. There was only 2 of us in May, cabana 4 was perfect. We stopped by the day prior to our reservation, talked to the cabana staff and she made a note that we'd like cabana 4, no guarantees though.

I've never booked a cabana so forgive my ignorance! But how did you get your reservation to show in MDE? I tried adding the confirmation number for both dining and resort reservations and it couldn't be added. Or can only the full day cabanas be added to MDE?

I've never booked a cabana so forgive my ignorance! But how did you get your reservation to show in MDE? I tried adding the confirmation number for both dining and resort reservations and it couldn't be added. Or can only the full day cabanas be added to MDE?

After I booked it just showed up. If it doesn't for you, maybe make a "note" on MDE and add it that way?

Let the post-trip blues begin....we're home from a fantastic stay at the Yacht Club. Here are some observations.
-This was our first stay but I'm pretty sure we had the best room at the YC (room 4063 water view - pics below). Full view of the bay and the fireworks at EPCOT.
- If you can swing it, get a cabana. We got one from 3-7 and it was fantastic. Kids went to the pool, we relaxed and took a nap. The fruit tray was awesome. We ordered dinner (food was meh) but it was nice to have it by the pool.
- The "secret entry" worked flawlessly. My son and I conducted a scientific time test from lobby to room to see which was quicker but I'm fairly certain he sped up his walk and cheated (he took the hall route). If there's a difference, it's minimal but the walk from the secret door to the lobby is definitely much more scenic.
- The food at Beaches and Cream is really good. The ice cream is better. Probably the best chocolate shake I've ever tasted.
- The walk to EPCOT beat the boat every time. Saves steps, though.
- Even being near the end of the resort there's no way on earth I'd walk to Hollywood Studios....just too far.
- Rooms are awesome - beds are very comfortable.

Like I said, this was our first stay at YC but the only advantage I saw to staying at BC is it's closer to EPCOT WS and closer to Beaches and Cream.

Fire away with questions, if you like!!! Happy to help out.

View attachment 407796View attachment 407798View attachment 407800View attachment 407799
Hi there, thanks so much for your reviews, I've had that room on my radar to be requested through TP when we go in November! Wondering though if it has a daybed? Love that I got to see your pictures!

When we booked the cabana for our trip this September it didn't show up in MDE for a while, like a solid week or two at least. Then suddenly one day it was there. Not sure what was with the delay. Hopefully yours will show up soon!

I have a half day booked for the end of September and it doesn't show in my MDE either. The CM actually told me it wouldn't and I would have to add it as a note, she could certainly have been wrong or, possibly, only full day rentals show up.

Hi there, thanks so much for your reviews, I've had that room on my radar to be requested through TP when we go in November! Wondering though if it has a daybed? Love that I got to see your pictures!

Yes...it does have a daybed. Best of luck!! It's a fantastic room.

When I called and reserved, the CM gave me a vague description of the different cabanas, and from that I selected Cabana 2 and that's what my confirmation even shows.

I booked a half day cabana back in early March for our Sept trip and not only does it not show up on my MDE plans at all, they def didn’t give me the option of choosing a cabana at all! Granted, this was right after they started booking cabanas, so the CMs were about as clueless as I was, but I certainly hope I’m not at a disadvantage because I booked early! **I would prefer to be closer to the pool, since I have 2 small children, so disadvantage for me would be cabana #4*

After I booked it just showed up. If it doesn't for you, maybe make a "note" on MDE and add it that way?
My part-day cabana for September shows up on MDE the website but not MDE the app!!! Have you checked both?

Last edited:
Let the post-trip blues begin....we're home from a fantastic stay at the Yacht Club. Here are some observations.
-This was our first stay but I'm pretty sure we had the best room at the YC (room 4063 water view - pics below). Full view of the bay and the fireworks at EPCOT.
Fire away with questions, if you like!!! Happy to help out.

Did your room have a daybed? Was the shower a walk in or tub combo? Thanks!!

My part-day cabana for September shows up on MDE the website but not MDE the app!!! Have you checked both?

Yeah it isnt on either. So strange! Where does it show up for you in MDE on the web?

I mean its not a huge deal that its not showing up for me, I just find it interesting that only some show up in MDE while others dont (but then again thats Disney IT for you!)

I just checked and it doesn't show, but it just shows my dining and not all my different resort stays either so I'm not worried about it.

We stayed in Yacht Club Room 4216 at the end of May. The room has 2 queen beds, a daybed (or pull-out couch--didn't check out what it made into), shower without tub and sliding door to separate shower and commode from the sink area. The garden view wasn't much to look at; a courtyard area with some grass (didn't pay much attention to it either).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter