Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Yeah it isnt on either. So strange! Where does it show up for you in MDE on the web?

I mean its not a huge deal that its not showing up for me, I just find it interesting that only some show up in MDE while others dont (but then again thats Disney IT for you!)
It shows up in the right place, straight after my Cape May breakfast!

I'm back!!! I'm back!!! :yay::yay::yay:

After some soul - wallet - searching, we decided against Boardwalk Water view and are coming back to our very favorite Yacht Club!!! I was first disappointed because I wanted a boardwalk view, but we can just walk on over if we want. Yacht/Beach was our first trip/resort together and it will be 20 years since that first trip when we go again next May! So of course we should stay there again!

We booked a water view and are so excited to experience the new room decor! And the new restaurant/lounge! A lot has changed since we stayed last.

Please add us to the list - andrea and micky 5/6/20-5/15/20 - Yacht Club!!!

Looking forward to hanging around for the next 11 months! :)

The ADR calendar won’t let you book past Monday, 8/5. There are also no hours listed past 8/5.
Also, if you look at park hours on the app, starting August 6th it is listed under the “closed for refurbishment” section, so it appears Disney has finally set the date of 8/5 as the last day. Glad it will be open for the first few days of our trip! After that, Ghirardelli is calling my name!

I'll add this to the BC View thread.

Do you call the bedding in both rooms? Queen beds or King? Daybeds?

What was the coffee maker type?

Thanks, again, for posting!!!

:goodvibes

Sorry, I haven’t checked in for a while! Both rooms had two queen beds, no daybeds, so they seemed a bit smaller than past rooms with daybeds, but there was plenty of room. Coffee makers were Cuisinart. I miss it already.

:sunny:

Sorry, I haven’t checked in for a while! Both rooms had two queen beds, no daybeds, so they seemed a bit smaller than past rooms with daybeds, but there was plenty of room. Coffee makers were Cuisinart. I miss it already.

:sunny:

Thanks for the info!!!

:thumbsup2

Any on when beaches and cream will reopen? Dining site wont let me book over christmas....closed thru winter is whatbit said i think....was looking to book for christmas time....thanks.

Page 1468 I-FAQ:

Infrequently Asked Questions

Earn your minion status by providing the info requested in the following posts.

:magnify:

Any one have copy of Scavenger Hunt (Disney Trivia) @ BC? My 5 y/o is obsessed w/ them.

I have bumped this question, but may be too late for your trip. If you do the activity and have a copy of the hunt, we would love to see it!

Has anyone seen a place where you can borrow board or card games? Quite often we bring decks of cards and dice/Yahtzee scoreboards on vacation to use during downtimes. Lots of fun little nooks and crannies/public spaces where you can play.

I know this is a long shot but does anyone know or know where I can find out the flooring used in the Turret Suites at the Yacht Club. It’s gorgeous. I need it in my house. It’s wood or some kind of fake wood.

Good one!

Unfortunately, I have no idea!

:confused3

Page 1468

@natebenma So excited to be returning to the Yacht Club! Please add us to the Be Our Guest list for June 28-July 5 2019! Celebrating our 30th anniversary and bringing our youngest 2 kiddos along! :P

:welcome: back and congratulations on your Pearl Anniversary. Great choice! We celebrated ours at the YC as well.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

@natebenma, thanks for adding me! Our exact dates are 11/6-11/11.

Got it!

2 queens and a daybed

:thanks:

Oh hey everyone!

Just a quick question - as I understand the category we picked for Yacht Club is water - which I read includes lake or pool. Am I understanding correctly that we may get a view of the quiet pool at Yacht Club and that is considered a water view? I knew the quiet pool was considered water for Beach Club (though you can still see Crescent Lake), but I thought the quiet pool for Yacht was garden, but I think I am mistaken.

Just want to temper my excitement a bit that I may be getting the quiet pool view. I can't say that I wouldn't be disappointed (doesn't seem fair those rooms cost the same as a lake view), but if I know it's a possibility, then I'll be prepared. :)

With Beaches & Cream being closed for about 4-6 months, there will be a void for lunch and dinner at BC & YC. I wonder if they will extend the hours at Crew's Cup Lounge to help pick up some slack, like when the Captain's Grille was shut down and before the Ale & Compass opened. During that time, they also set up temporary dining at Ariel's.

Oh hey everyone!

Just a quick question - as I understand the category we picked for Yacht Club is water - which I read includes lake or pool. Am I understanding correctly that we may get a view of the quiet pool at Yacht Club and that is considered a water view? I knew the quiet pool was considered water for Beach Club (though you can still see Crescent Lake), but I thought the quiet pool for Yacht was garden, but I think I am mistaken.

Just want to temper my excitement a bit that I may be getting the quiet pool view. I can't say that I wouldn't be disappointed (doesn't seem fair those rooms cost the same as a lake view), but if I know it's a possibility, then I'll be prepared. :)

Yes, that is a possibility but you can put in requests with the resort for what you would like (bay view, pool view, etc). As I said in an earlier post, I called and also used the Touring Plans room request. Of course, there's no guaranty that your request will be fulfilled but it can't hurt.

Yes, that is a possibility but you can put in requests with the resort for what you would like (bay view, pool view, etc). As I said in an earlier post, I called and also used the Touring Plans room request. Of course, there's no guaranty that your request will be fulfilled but it can't hurt.

Already a member! ;) They got me a perfect view at Polynesian last trip.

Okay, thanks! That's kind of concerning, but at least I know in advance it's a possibility. Man, I wish you could just book the exact view you want, lake vs pool. Oh well! :)

Page 1469-1470

We are looking to book BC end of January 2020. Looking through the first few posts of this thread it seems in years past the Jib Slide at Stormalong Bay is closed for refurb around this time. Has this happened in recent years? Don't want to get the kiddos all excited and then have it not open.

:welcome: again!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

I didn't see any answers to your/my question- to anyone who stayed at the resort in Jan/Feb the past couple of years- have there been any refurbishment closures at Stormalong Bay?

:fish:

Been fun reading all the tips here.
My wife and I are staying @ BC water view room from 12/6 to 12/13 as part of our split stay (AKL 12/1 to 12/6) for what we are calling our Disney Honeymooniversary.
The honeymoon we never had and 25th wedding anniversary combined in December to enjoy Christmas at WDW.
will keep reading for great info and maybe ask a few questions.

:welcome: and Congratulations on your anniversary milestone!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Didn't think we'd be back so soon, but we'll be staying at the YC on June 23-26. We normally stay BC, but did stay at YC a LONG time ago. It was a last minute decision to stay at a Disney resort and we originally booked POR to keep it lower budget, but then I researched YC and it was only a "little" more LOL. We only have one park day and my husband thinks I'm nuts that I want to do 3 if not all 4 parks. Any room requests I should consider? We have a garden/woods view room. I'll also check the informational pages, but open to suggestions.

:welcome: back!!!

That's awesome!

:goodvibes

I was able to add in our two days before our stay into our bounce back offer!
It moved us from BC standard view to YC water view. Dec 13th to the 22nd.
It's a bit more expensive but I'm excited to see what kind of view we're going to get. I wasn't excited to look at the roof tops, lol

I do have a question, the cast member said we have a lagoon view booked. Do they separate water view and lagoon view? I thought they were the same thing.

Got it!

I'll adjust the list.

::yes::

I know I saw it posted before but what are the time slots for the cabanas?

Those of you who have used them was it worth having?

Also, is it hard to get one booked? How far out do they realistically need to be booked? Whats the cancellation policy?

Have a stay at BCV in September and I am considering booking a cabana on a day where DH and I might get up super early to brave the SWGE crowds and just come back to hang at the pool/in a cabana all day until our dinner reservation that night. But our plan to do SWGE will depend on how early we'd actually have to get up to do it lol

:welcome: back!

I don't have your trip on the list, so I will add you.

:dogdance:

Are the cabanas full? When did you reserve it?

:welcome: to posting on this thread!

Do you have an upcoming trip?

:cool2:

We are staying for 15 nights at Yacht Club arriving on 29th November. Really excited as we haven’t stayed in the Epcot/Boardwalk area yet. Looking forward to walking back from HS and Epcot of an evening.

Thanks for all the great tips and updates on here :)

:welcome:

I think you will love the location! So convenient!

:offtopic: rant, but since it is relative to my October YC stay, I'll post it here.

After purchasing a date-based park ticket for my upcoming stay, we changed our arrival day, adding an additional reservation day to the stay. The price level for the new Day 1and the original Day 1 were the same when I purchased the tickets and are the same now. The ticket I have is for 5 dayadmission, hopper, which is valid for a week (or 10 days) (can't remember which) following the start date.

Ticket prices have increased since I originally purchased my ticket, but now that I need to change the start day, Disney wants to charge me $40. I am not adding a day to my ticket, I am just changing the first day I will be using the ticket by 1 day. GRRRR!!!

So far I have only discussed this policy with Disney by chat, but when I have a spare moment, I will try to plead my case by email to guest services.

There will be charts involved.

Wish me luck!

:headache:

Last edited:
:offtopic: rant, but since it is relative to my October YC stay, I'll post it here.

After purchasing a date-based park ticket for my upcoming stay, we changed our arrival day, adding an additional reservation day to the stay. The price level for the new Day 1and the original Day 1 were the same when I purchased the tickets and are the same now. The ticket I have is for 5 dayadmission, hopper, which is valid for a week (or 10 days) (can't remember which) following the start date.

Ticket prices have increased since I originally purchased my ticket, but now that I need to change the start day, Disney wants to charge me $40. I am not adding a day to my ticket, I am just changing the first day I will be using the ticket by 1 day. GRRRR!!!

So far I have only discussed this policy with Disney by chat, but when I have a spare moment, I will try to plead my case by email to guest services.

There will be charts involved.

Wish me luck!

:headache:
Dee, have you tried posting your issue at the thread

TICKETS & Upgrades - Prices and "How to".?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!