Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

The floor of my BCV studio balcony was wet the entire time I was there. It is not appropriate to put room furniture out there. It will get ruined.

I am not aware of rooms at BCV with extra huge balconies, but perhaps I just have not paid attention. I believe the ones shown in this thread are Yacht Club.

I didn’t even consider the furniture being damaged in the middle of my panicking! That was a pretty obvious oversight on my part. I’m sure they’d be happy to remove it for us! We will definitely need usage of all of the space we can gain. Thank you!
And yes I was speaking of the balconies in the photo above. There definitely aren’t Many. I believe there are 2 on each of the higher level floors facing Epcot walkway.

Thanks everyone. We rented DVC pts so we have no option of changing things up now as everything has already been paid for.
I am considering forgoing the crib rental and getting a blow up toddler bed that can be stored on the balcony or upright against the wall when not in use.
We are renting a minivan so looks like our suitcases will have to stay in there.. oh my goodness what a mess.
I'm going to try to speak with someone at check-in and request prior one of the rooms with the huge extra large balconies.
I'm going to have to figure out what to do about the clothing situation as well.
Thank you guys for your honesty!
I at least know what we're getting into now so can plan accordingly and try to come up with some ideas to save some space.

Pack light, and plan to do laundry regularly. If you have just a couple of outfits for each of you, that will cut down on the amount of luggage that you need to worry about. The washers and dryers in the laundry room at the villas are free, detergent is $1.

Pack light, and plan to do laundry regularly. If you have just a couple of outfits for each of you, that will cut down on the amount of luggage that you need to worry about. The washers and dryers in the laundry room at the villas are free, detergent is $1.
Yes! And we brought our own Tide pods so laundry was basically free. Dont forget a few dryer sheets. They keep your suitcase smelling nice too!

I worry about the 18 year old, though....with the lack of privacy....it's a rough age :love:

The single bathroom may be the big challenge with the villa.

Again, I am not familiar with the villas so I rely on others here for info. Are there public restrooms in the community areas? If your room is close enough, this could give your family an additional option when you are all trying to get ready in the morning.

There are the poolside showers near Beaches & Cream, which I imagine would not be very busy in the morning (are they open 24 hours???), but the location may be prohibitive from the villas. Anyone want to estimate the distance?

The community spaces may also be an idea for hanging out if some of you need some time away or place to be while the little ones nap.

Keep the tips coming, friends!

:goodvibes

Last edited:
@natebenma - I'm not sure if you got your info as I skimmed a bit, but for YC CL Room 5163 (the CL room with no balcony), @TJA stayed there in July and posted about it on the CL thread here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...formation-and-questions.3414590/post-60896063

According to her post they booked Standard View CL.

Sorry if that's overlapping/repeat info from someone else.

I did not see this very helpful post. Thanks so much for pointing it out to me. I'll get in touch with TJA to see if I can use her info.

I can barely keep up here, so I don't usually spend any time on that thread. That will probably change in the next month or so. Not because I have a club level stay coming up, but because...

Dee Did A Dumb!

Yesterday I was trying to catch up and post new info on Page 1 and on the Room View threads- I take notes about info to add as I am reading through and then go back when I have time and refurbish the posts.

As you can imagine, I have a Beach Club/Yacht Club/BCV file with thousands of photos, my own and from other guests throughout the years, pretty (obsessively) organized in folders and subfolders.

Yesterday, I accidentally deleted my archive of "Club Level" photos. About 400 pictures.

I do have my photos backed up, but I don't know how to retrieve just the set that I need. I'll ask my techie husband over the weekend if I can do that. It literally takes days to restore all my photos when I need to upgrade to a new computer, so I am not going to go that route.

The good news- I still have all of my own pictures from past CL stays, and when (if) I have time, I can copy off the pictures that are currently in the CL post on Page 1 and I know there is a treasure-trove of photos (more recent than the ones I had) over on the CL FAQ forum.

I may put out requests for specific photos in the near future, so stay tuned!

Nothing like getting an unexpected "fresh start"

:headache:

Last edited:

Again, I am not familiar with the villas so I rely on others here for info. Are there public restrooms in the community areas? If your room is close enough, this could give your family an additional option when you are all trying to get ready in the morning.
There are very nice bathrooms in the lobby of the villas building. We often use them while waiting for the Magical Express since no one is ever in them and they are closer to the Solarium than the BC restrooms.

There are very nice bathrooms in the lobby of the villas building. We often use them while waiting for the Magical Express since no one is ever in them and they are closer to the Solarium than the BC restrooms.

But the AC doesn't work well in the public ladies' room in the BCV building. It was very warm in there last month.

:welcome: back.

I am not aware of anything special. That week is after Easter and traditional spring breaks.

Keep looking. Availability changes all the time.

I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list.

:thumbsup2

Its finally official! I'm booked at Club Level BC Garden from April 24-May 2!

We normally stay YC so we are concerned about the balcony. We spend a lot of time out there so we'd like a full size balcony. Do you know how difficult it is to get a full size club level at the BC? CANNOT WAIT!

Its finally official! I'm booked at Club Level BC Garden from April 24-May 2!

We normally stay YC so we are concerned about the balcony. We spend a lot of time out there so we'd like a full size balcony. Do you know how difficult it is to get a full size club level at the BC? CANNOT WAIT!

You may be in luck here.

According to my notes, of the 72 Beach Club, Club level rooms, just 8 do not have the full balconies and I believe ALL of the BC CL GV rooms do have the larger balconies.

The percentage across the rest of the resort (standard rooms) is 50%.

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
When I was in a BCV studio in August 2019, I took a picture of the amenity list, which is on the inside of the door of the cabinet under the sink. Unfortunately, it's a bad picture. But it definitely is newer than the one @natebenma has. Maybe somebody who goes there can take a better picture.

It is dated 05/21/2019. The one @natebenma has is dated 12/03/2013.

If you look at it on a phone (rather than a desktop) you might be able to get in close enough to read it.

I will try to get a photo of this. We will be there in 11 days.

The Bad, the good and some questions:
he Bad: Due to Hurricane Dorian we cancelled our vacation plans last week. We were supposed to stay at Pop for 2 weeks. Due to our work schedules and family Plans the earliest we could rebook was January 2020. I was very disappointed. The forecast wasn’t looking good and we decided to be safe. All the planning and reservations cancelled!! As you can Imagine it’s hard after all the excitement and anticipation and then the disappointment.
The Good: We rented points and we are now staying in a 1 bedroom villa at Beach Club at the beginning of January for 2 weeks. It’s my husband and our 5 year old daughter. So now the planning and research about our new resort begins. The resort looks beautiful and the pool looks amazing.
Questions:
  1. For anyone that has stayed in a 1 bedroom villa is there a room location that you would suggest? I was thinking a pool view might be nice, we’ve enjoyed a pool view on other hotels.
  2. Do you think Beaches and Cream will reopen by January?
  3. Does anyone know what time the pool opens and closes in January? I understand the pool is heated but we may have some cooler days. I hope we will be able to enjoy Stormalong bay as it looks amazing.
  4. How is the food at the marketplace? Do you usually bring the food back to your room to eat?
  5. Any tips?? I have a lot to learn about Beach Club. It looks amazing and I’m getting excited again about going. Thanks for any help and info I appreciate it:)

We had a pool view while staying at BCV in a studio but it was the quiet pool on the villa side. Stormaling Bay is amazing! I cant help with the hours but I imagine they will be shorter than summertime and I cant speak to the temps either although we've had cold days and warm days in december. I wasn't fond of the quick service places at BC or YC but enjoyed Hurricane Hannah's (sp) which is the pool quick service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!