Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Glad you enjoyed it! So strange about the attendant- he didn’t leave the area at all when we had a cabana last month! He was brilliant.
And YES to thar waiter service. I was so on board with all the cocktails being delivered!

Later in the weekend I saw another attendant who seemed to always be around, engaging/laughing with cabana guests, etc. Probably the same or similar to what you describe.

I guess as with any resort customer service position anywhere in the world, YMMV! :-)

Deciding between POP Century preferred, Yacht Club, POFQ ,or AKL standard room for our mother/daughter trip in late May. The sky liner isn't a big draw for us bu the renovated POP Century rooms are nice and a good price with my code. We often stay at beach club, so that area with YC is also a major perk for us. We love Animal Kingdom (the park) and couldn't help but notice the good price for a std with my code. I know POFQ has boat access to DS, but not sure about the speed of buses to the parks?

Here are the room-only totals for our six nights:
AKL standard: 1,692.34
Yacht Club standard: 2,052.24
PO French Quarter - 1,456.39 (king bed only, so we would have to share a bed)
POP Century preferred location: 986.42

Any thoughts on pros and cons? Ease & speed of transportation are the biggest factors for us. We aren't very adventurous eaters, so Boma, Jiko, etc aren't necessarily going to be big draws for us (although I know that they are supposed to be amazing). We have stayed at WL and liked the feel. I know AKL has a similar layout. The pool at POP doesn't appeal to us at all but we will only use the pool 1-2 times on our trip, as we are park people...We would like to try some DS restaurants on this trip...but we would need to share a king bed at POFQ, which isn't a big deal, but for a similar price, we could stay at AKL...or for a bit more than that, we could stay at YC. I really want to stay at YC, but I'm wondering if it is worth the difference in price for the two of us on a girls trip?
Help us decide? This is soooo hard - lol

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome!! Thanks!

So to sum up our experience.... we enjoyed it! Booking on arrival day comes with travel risks, but we fly from an airport with reasonably good on-time stats so it was a calculated risk.

Can't think of a better way to pass the day while waiting for the room to be ready.

The food/beverage attendant only serves the cabanas, so they are pretty much always around (within reason) with prompt service. We also enjoy regular pool service sitting around SAB and know a few CMs we've seen on repeat visits - but at times it can be painfully slow since they are covering so much ground.

Shade options for Cabana #1 were abundant. We could adjust the cabana sides depending on the angle of the sun when needed.

My kids are prime sand pool age and could play there for hours, so this particular cabana was perfect.

Sorry for the ramble, just trying to cover our thoughts.

Happy to answer any questions!
Where could you a ordered more food from, Hurricane Hannas?

Longtime lurker, first time poster! We'll be having our first ever stay at YC November 30th for 14 nights and we cannot wait! Have decided to use Touring Plans to try and request a "room with a view" (2 Queen Beds) but would LOVE the room to have a walk-in-shower - does anybody who has stayed in this combo remember their room number at all?

Thanks! <3

I know POFQ has boat access to DS, but not sure about the speed of buses to the parks?
POFQ buses have a quick trip to the parks when they go direct. But sometimes they share with POR, especially in the slow crowd times, and that will make the trip longer.
I really want to stay at YC, but I'm wondering if it is worth the difference in price for the two of us on a girls trip?
This is something people can't answer for you. But paying such a high price for a king bed at POFQ doesn't seem worth it when you can get a much nicer room for just a little more at a deluxe resort with many restaurant choices. POFQ only has a quick service restaurant.

What room number at yacht club is near the secret exit closer towards swan dolphin

Good question! I used both of the YC Secret Entrances/Exits.

The one by the wedding gazebo is 1065. We did use this door to get into the YC on our way back from Hollywood Studios and we did have to use our Magic Bands to open this door.

If I am reading the layout map for YC corrected (and I wouldn't put money on that, BTW), it looks like the other exit is by 1030.

:magnify:

A bit late posting this, but wanted to do a quick review of our experience at the cabanas from our stay three weeks ago. We booked the morning time slot, and were told to arrive at 9:45. We arrived right around then, but they were still setting up, so we sat and waited for only about 5 minutes for them to be ready.

We were in cabana #4 which is the one I had hoped to get! It is the furthest one back and super private. One thing to note for sun lovers, the area of this cabana is mostly in the shade for a good portion of the morning time slot, even at the lounge chairs. This wasn’t an issue for us at all, we loved the location! The CM working there noted that nowadays when you book the cabana you actually pick which one you want, so if you want more sun I’d recommend booking a different cabana.

There is a dedicated CM who watches over the area the whole time who was fantastic. He really made us feel pampered! Plus they have a dedicated server who stopped by often to see if we wanted to order any food or drinks. We ended up ordering some lunch later in the morning and a massive drink, which I cannot remember what it was, but it was so big it took about 2.5 hours to get through! The cabana comes with a variety of sodas and bottled water. I wish they had some sports drinks or juices too, I’m not a huge fan of soda, and sometimes want something more flavorful than water. Not a huge deal though. There was also a huge fruit plate which we devoured, it was so good! At the end of our time, the CM noted that everything in the fridge was ours to take, and encouraged us to fill up our bags with the left-over soda and water! This was a nice touch, it was great having some extra drinks in the room for the rest of the week.

When we booked the cabana we weren’t really sure if we would like it, we thought we may get bored, but it ended up being one of our favorite experiences of the trip! The 4 hours flew by, we couldn’t believe how fast they went. It was awesome having the TV in there as well, we went on a Sunday, so it was great to watch football while lounging around enjoying the massive drink! We loved it so much we’re booking a full day for next year now!

There was a minor thing that I do want to mention. There were a handful of people walking by on the paths surrounding the cabana area smoking, and the wind was blowing the smoke into the area. We ended up closing the sides of our cabana to try to block it, but it was still noticeable and annoying. Fortunately, it wasn’t constant and didn’t ruin the experience, so maybe if it’s something that would really bother you, request a cabana that’s closer to the pool rather than the paths. One other thing to note, I wish the bathroom was closer to this area. It wasn't horribly far away, but the quickest route was to exit the pool area and walk the main path by the lake and re-enter the pool area by HH. Just felt a bit awkward walking that main path outside of the pool area in just our bathing suits!

A bit late posting this, but wanted to do a quick review of our experience at the cabanas from our stay three weeks ago. We booked the morning time slot, and were told to arrive at 9:45. We arrived right around then, but they were still setting up, so we sat and waited for only about 5 minutes for them to be ready.

We were in cabana #4 which is the one I had hoped to get! It is the furthest one back and super private. One thing to note for sun lovers, the area of this cabana is mostly in the shade for a good portion of the morning time slot, even at the lounge chairs. This wasn’t an issue for us at all, we loved the location! The CM working there noted that nowadays when you book the cabana you actually pick which one you want, so if you want more sun I’d recommend booking a different cabana.

There is a dedicated CM who watches over the area the whole time who was fantastic. He really made us feel pampered! Plus they have a dedicated server who stopped by often to see if we wanted to order any food or drinks. We ended up ordering some lunch later in the morning and a massive drink, which I cannot remember what it was, but it was so big it took about 2.5 hours to get through! The cabana comes with a variety of sodas and bottled water. I wish they had some sports drinks or juices too, I’m not a huge fan of soda, and sometimes want something more flavorful than water. Not a huge deal though. There was also a huge fruit plate which we devoured, it was so good! At the end of our time, the CM noted that everything in the fridge was ours to take, and encouraged us to fill up our bags with the left-over soda and water! This was a nice touch, it was great having some extra drinks in the room for the rest of the week.

When we booked the cabana we weren’t really sure if we would like it, we thought we may get bored, but it ended up being one of our favorite experiences of the trip! The 4 hours flew by, we couldn’t believe how fast they went. It was awesome having the TV in there as well, we went on a Sunday, so it was great to watch football while lounging around enjoying the massive drink! We loved it so much we’re booking a full day for next year now!

There was a minor thing that I do want to mention. There were a handful of people walking by on the paths surrounding the cabana area smoking, and the wind was blowing the smoke into the area. We ended up closing the sides of our cabana to try to block it, but it was still noticeable and annoying. Fortunately, it wasn’t constant and didn’t ruin the experience, so maybe if it’s something that would really bother you, request a cabana that’s closer to the pool rather than the paths. One other thing to note, I wish the bathroom was closer to this area. It wasn't horribly far away, but the quickest route was to exit the pool area and walk the main path by the lake and re-enter the pool area by HH. Just felt a bit awkward walking that main path outside of the pool area in just our bathing suits!

Awesome!

What room number at yacht club is near the secret exit closer towards swan dolphin
We were in 2019 and were right around the corner from what I think is the door you would be referring to. It was super close to a door that led us out to the far end of the resort and closer to DHS, but super far from the lobby.

Page 1560

Hi Dee,

We booked a return to the Beach Club for the opening of Flower and Garden with a great annual passholder discount. Please add our dates of March 1 - 6, 2020. :) Thanks!

Will do!

:cool1:

Longtime lurker, first time poster! We'll be having our first ever stay at YC November 30th for 14 nights and we cannot wait! Have decided to use Touring Plans to try and request a "room with a view" (2 Queen Beds) but would LOVE the room to have a walk-in-shower - does anybody who has stayed in this combo remember their room number at all?

Thanks! <3

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 Post 15, for both November and December, since most of your trip is during that month.

:woohoo:

What view have you booked at YC? Standard, Garden or Water View?

What do you consider to be a "room with a view"? Water? Pool? Gardens? Gazebo? Fireworks?

Check out the YC View Thread on the Resorts Community subforum and check out some of the rooms pictured there in your view category. You should probably add "Walk in shower" as part of your room request.

::yes::

In the *** category, supposedly there’s a new Halloween treat pop up shop in the BC lobby. From the pics in the article, it looks huge, and like it’s right in the middle of the doorway. Anyone there now that could confirm it’s size and location? Is it as big and ugly of an eyesore as it looks online?

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...resort-are-too-cute-to-spook-in-disney-world/

Thanks for posting this. I haven't seen this elsewhere. Hoping for some live pictures from guests who are there now.

👻

Quick cabana report from a recent trip.

A bit late posting this, but wanted to do a quick review of our experience at the cabanas from our stay three weeks ago.

Thank you both for detailed reviews and incredible pictures of your cabana experiences. Lots of helpful information and tips. I'll add both of your reviews to the cabana post.

:thumbsup2

Page 1560

Will do!

:cool1:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 Post 15, for both November and December, since most of your trip is during that month.

:woohoo:

What view have you booked at YC? Standard, Garden or Water View?

What do you consider to be a "room with a view"? Water? Pool? Gardens? Gazebo? Fireworks?

Check out the YC View Thread on the Resorts Community subforum and check out some of the rooms pictured there in your view category. You should probably add "Walk in shower" as part of your room request.

::yes::

Thanks for posting this. I haven't seen this elsewhere. Hoping for some live pictures from guests who are there now.

👻

Thank you both for detailed reviews and incredible pictures of your cabana experiences. Lots of helpful information and tips. I'll add both of your reviews to the cabana post.

:thumbsup2

Thanks Dee :)

We have a Garden View room booked and would like to overlook either the Gazebo or the side of the hotel to the Swan and Dolphin if possible. We don't plan to be in the room at night much so fireworks aren't a big deal to us (but a cup of tea overlooking a peaceful view first thing in the morning is always nice!)

Thanks again, heading over to the Views forum now!

Hayley

So to sum up our experience.... we enjoyed it! Booking on arrival day comes with travel risks, but we fly from an airport with reasonably good on-time stats so it was a calculated risk.

Can't think of a better way to pass the day while waiting for the room to be ready.

The food/beverage attendant only serves the cabanas, so they are pretty much always around (within reason) with prompt service. We also enjoy regular pool service sitting around SAB and know a few CMs we've seen on repeat visits - but at times it can be painfully slow since they are covering so much ground.

Shade options for Cabana #1 were abundant. We could adjust the cabana sides depending on the angle of the sun when needed.

My kids are prime sand pool age and could play there for hours, so this particular cabana was perfect.

Sorry for the ramble, just trying to cover our thoughts.

Happy to answer any questions!

We did half day cabanas on two different days during our last trip and we had the same attendant both times and he was awesome, he was always around and would let us know in advance if he was leaving to take his 30 minute break. His other WDW job is driving the boats for the Epcot fireworks cruises, so we had a great chat with him about that too, especially since our first day there was the last day of Illuminations. Our food servers each time were different, the one from our first day was always hanging around the area and was fantastic, he would check in on us periodically and was easy to find when needed. The one from our second day was obviously also servicing other pool areas and was hardly ever around and the only time he checked in on us was to see if we wanted the tray removed after we ordered food. He also lost his phone at one point and was gone for about half of our half day rental figuring that out.

Loved the cabana experience. It is so interesting to see people's preference regarding placement. We had #3 both times and it was perfect for us, I would absolutely choose #3 in the future.

We did half day cabanas on two different days during our last trip and we had the same attendant both times and he was awesome, he was always around and would let us know in advance if he was leaving to take his 30 minute break. His other WDW job is driving the boats for the Epcot fireworks cruises, so we had a great chat with him about that too, especially since our first day there was the last day of Illuminations. Our food servers each time were different, the one from our first day was always hanging around the area and was fantastic, he would check in on us periodically and was easy to find when needed. The one from our second day was obviously also servicing other pool areas and was hardly ever around and the only time he checked in on us was to see if we wanted the tray removed after we ordered food. He also lost his phone at one point and was gone for about half of our half day rental figuring that out.

Loved the cabana experience. It is so interesting to see people's preference regarding placement. We had #3 both times and it was perfect for us, I would absolutely choose #3 in the future.

Interesting to hear about the different experiences with the cabana attendants. Ours could not have been more MIA the whole time!?! :rotfl2: I was glad the food/beverage attendant made up it though. Sorry to hear one of your days didn’t go so well on that front.

I guess an example of one of those “the only consistent thing about Disney is inconsistency” situations.

Deciding between POP Century preferred, Yacht Club, POFQ ,or AKL standard room for our mother/daughter trip in late May.

Just wanted to say I wish you well on your decision. I really can't offer any insight as I have only stayed at YC a couple of times, and POP for one night.

:goodvibes

My family just returned from our Yacht Club stay. We were in room 5223 and had a great view of SAB, Boardwalk, and the Epcot fireworks. I included a few pictures of the view at different times of day...the first was at sunrise, the second is mid afternoon, and the last during fireworks. This room had 2 queen beds and a couch that folded down to a twin bed.

Someone asked about magnets in the Marketplace, I looked for them to take a picture but could not find any. I did see a section for keychains and magnets but no YC magnets. There was a castle magnet and that's all I could find.

Attachments

• YC sunrise.jpg
    YC sunrise.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 51
  • YC daytime.jpg
    YC daytime.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 54
  • YC fireworks.jpg
    YC fireworks.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 53
Deciding between POP Century preferred, Yacht Club, POFQ ,or AKL standard room for our mother/daughter trip in late May. The sky liner isn't a big draw for us bu the renovated POP Century rooms are nice and a good price with my code. We often stay at beach club, so that area with YC is also a major perk for us. We love Animal Kingdom (the park) and couldn't help but notice the good price for a std with my code. I know POFQ has boat access to DS, but not sure about the speed of buses to the parks?

Here are the room-only totals for our six nights:
AKL standard: 1,692.34
Yacht Club standard: 2,052.24
PO French Quarter - 1,456.39 (king bed only, so we would have to share a bed)
POP Century preferred location: 986.42

Any thoughts on pros and cons? Ease & speed of transportation are the biggest factors for us. We aren't very adventurous eaters, so Boma, Jiko, etc aren't necessarily going to be big draws for us (although I know that they are supposed to be amazing). We have stayed at WL and liked the feel. I know AKL has a similar layout. The pool at POP doesn't appeal to us at all but we will only use the pool 1-2 times on our trip, as we are park people...We would like to try some DS restaurants on this trip...but we would need to share a king bed at POFQ, which isn't a big deal, but for a similar price, we could stay at AKL...or for a bit more than that, we could stay at YC. I really want to stay at YC, but I'm wondering if it is worth the difference in price for the two of us on a girls trip?
Help us decide? This is soooo hard - lol

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome!! Thanks!
If finances allow I'd stay YC . Easy,quick access to 2 parks, no need to share a bed and plenty of food choices nearby for unadventurous eaters but really only you can decide. Good luck
:shamrock:

My family just returned from our Yacht Club stay. We were in room 5223 and had a great view of SAB, Boardwalk, and the Epcot fireworks. I included a few pictures of the view at different times of day...the first was at sunrise, the second is mid afternoon, and the last during fireworks. This room had 2 queen beds and a couch that folded down to a twin bed.

Someone asked about magnets in the Marketplace, I looked for them to take a picture but could not find any. I did see a section for keychains and magnets but no YC magnets. There was a castle magnet and that's all I could find.

Spectacular pictures!!! I'll add your pictures and description to the YC view thread if you haven't already.

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!