Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks for that information but according to another thread people entered the VQ before entering the park today so was just curious if anyone experienced it that was at either location today.
We are going to walk over to DHS from the BC tomorrow morning to try to get into a boarding group (VQ). We'll let you what happens. :)

When we were here in August for the opening day of Galaxy's Edge you had to have entered the park before you could get a boarding pass.

We are going to walk over to DHS from the BC tomorrow morning to try to get into a boarding group (VQ). We'll let you what happens. :)

When we were here in August for the opening day of Galaxy's Edge you had to have entered the park before you could get a boarding pass.

posted on the Rumors/News thread that some folks have been able to book while in security area - not yet inside park....

Thank you so much. If you can also include the time you left the resort and the group that you got into that would be very helpful. Sunday is EMH so I think it might be really bad that day also.

To further complicate matters the usual YC bus stop was closed, so buses were picking up & dropping off from the YC Conference centre,

Any more info on the YC bus stop situation? Was it just closed for a few hours or is something more going on? We arrive Saturday & I haven’t heard anything about the bus stop being closed. Thanks!

Any more info on the YC bus stop situation? Was it just closed for a few hours or is something more going on? We arrive Saturday & I haven’t heard anything about the bus stop being closed. Thanks!

It was only closed for a couple of days when we were there, it was back to normal when we left last Saturday.

We are st the BCV now. While the BC is still my favorite resort at Disney, it is not what it once was.
I agree with others that the busses are awful. We have been using uber to AK, MK (contemporary) and DS. It’s just not worth the aggravation of the 20-30 minute wait for standing room only.

We all knew it was coming but the IG is a nightmare to get though compared to the wonderful “secret” entrance it used to be. It makes me wonder if paying the very high price tag of these resorts is worth the cost now that we don’t have this advantage anymore.

The upkeep on painting/maintenance has also gone way downhill. We have one of the larger balconies on the 5th floor and it is full of spider webs and the roof it filthy/rusty. I guess We just expect more. This never would have happened years ago.

We heard the Friendship boats running early this morning, before 5am - I think, so we figured that DHS was going to open earlier than its official opening time of 9am. We went to the Yacht Club marketplace for something to eat since they open at 6 am. We headed out the door of the Yacht Club at 7:03am, walked to DHS and got a boarding group for Rise of Resistance around 7:30am. You couldn’t get a boarding pass until a couple of minutes after you Had gone through the touch posts.

We got boarding group 49. All of the DHS rides were open and we hung around for awhile, hoping that it wouldn’t take too long before Our group was called. Finally, at 9am, when they hadn’t moved past group 25 yet, we bailed and went back to the Beach Club. We are now hanging out at Storm Along Bay for awhile.

We all knew it was coming but the IG is a nightmare to get though compared to the wonderful “secret” entrance it used to be. It makes me wonder if paying the very high price tag of these resorts is worth the cost now that we don’t have this advantage anymore.

When the gondolas were announced this was my fear. We love staying at BC & BWI. The ease of walking into Epcot is a major reason. This saddens me so much. We have a trip planned for January 2020 and I’ve been worried about the impact of the gondolas at IG. When we booked, we decided to go ahead with BWI & if it’s a nightmare & no longer peaceful & easy entering thru IG, our next trip might have to be at a different area resort, possibly a MK resort 🤷🏼‍♀️ .

When the gondolas were announced this was my fear. We love staying at BC & BWI. The ease of walking into Epcot is a major reason. This saddens me so much. We have a trip planned for January 2020 and I’ve been worried about the impact of the gondolas at IG. When we booked, we decided to go ahead with BWI & if it’s a nightmare & no longer peaceful & easy entering thru IG, our next trip might have to be at a different area resort, possibly a MK resort 🤷🏼‍♀️ .
We were there just 5 weeks ago [10/23 - 10/31] and IG was a non issue for us. In fact, even with the local IG construction for the the new Guest Services and Ticketing windows we breezed in all of the time. They had more security checkpoints, a "new" no bags line, and more tap-stiles. Things may have changes since then, but we'll be back in 33 days for marathon weekend so we'll see how the experience is then! IMO incoming gondolas have a minimal impact on crowd volume for IG. The real congestion has been and will continue to be a full Friendship Boat arrival when you are entering.

We were there just 5 weeks ago [10/23 - 10/31] and IG was a non issue for us. In fact, even with the local IG construction for the the new Guest Services and Ticketing windows we breezed in all of the time. They had more security checkpoints, a "new" no bags line, and more tap-stiles. Things may have changes since then, but we'll be back in 33 days for marathon weekend so we'll see how the experience is then! IMO incoming gondolas have a minimal impact on crowd volume for IG. The real congestion has been and will continue to be a full Friendship Boat arrival when you are entering.

That was our exact experience 2 weeks ago. If no Friendship boat unloading, entering at IG took no longer than before. There were more people around, but because of the way the Gondolas unload there is no huge influx of guests. Now if we walked up just after a full Friendship boat unloaded, holy cow.

Please judge for yourself and don’t just take my word for it.
To someone who was used to the old way I would guess you will think it’s horrible, if you are coming from pop or CB you will think it’s great. It’s all perspective.

We are at the YC now and have walked to Epcot via the IG many times and our perspective is it’s very well run and easy to maneuver. It’s not overwhelming. To be honest, we don’t go through bag check but even those lines are moving quickly. Do not despair!
This was our experience last week as well. Yes it is more crowded but there are more tap styles so things moved along quickly.

Returned home from our BC Club level stay on November 26th. We have stayed previously at BCV and BC non club level. i have to say i am still in love with this resort and all of the CMs are wonderful - beautiful rooms, beautiful hotel, beautiful area. Not only is it located at the back door of epcot but it its really not a long bus ride or drive anywhere. unfortunately i caught a cold and had to stay in our room for a couple of days but even though i missed some adventure, i felt like i was in a peaceful puffy cloud of luxury. beds were very comfortable.we did have a room check one day when i was sick but the gentlemen was very nice and polite. He just asked if everything was ok. one advantage to staying in club level (in addition to the concierge service and snacks is that the walks to the rooms are short distance from the elevator.

We are at the YC now and have walked to Epcot via the IG many times and our perspective is it’s very well run and easy to maneuver. It’s not overwhelming. To be honest, we don’t go through bag check but even those lines are moving quickly. Do not despair!

We just arrived this morning. So it was about 10- 10:15 when we went into Epcot. It took at least 7 minutes just to get thru security. Sure, not a huge long time. But when you are used to just walking right thru, or waiting for only a minute or 2, this is a big change. As we left about 3, there was no line for bag check, but the entry tap points were all at least 12 people deep. Also, we went back for dinner. Went thru the no bag line. This time it wasn’t the CM but the guests who were taking forever. They only had a table for you to empty your pockets, no little trays. So people sort of waited to put their phones etc down until it was their turn. There was no CM watching the table, just the one CM to wave you thru & do the wanding if needed. So I can’t blame them. But then they also stood there while they put everything back in their pockets & blocked others from retrieving their belongings. And at least 3 people in front of us needed wanding. Also, people from the bag screening line were going thru the same metal detector.

I get it’s new & should improve somewhat, but I think it will only get busier & more crowded as time goes on. Certainly not as bad as the front of Eocot. But still a pretty decent increase & change.

We usually stay water view club level but this trip, we are on a free dining bounceback in a garden view room. There are a few issues with the room. I will see how the week goes & I may stop at the front desk & mention them. Nothing major or that would make me ask for a different room, but still, things should be addressed as normal upkeep.

First we noticed the dead bolt on the door doesn’t close easily. My DH can get it to lock by jiggling the door. I can’t get it to lock at all. This one I was ready to go down & report, but my DH didn’t want to make a big deal about it.

The shower knob is very loose & feels like it’s going to break any minute . I can’t imagine housekeeping hasn’t noticed this. The shower door isn’t the hinged type that opens out. They are sliders & both keep sliding to one side, away from the shower heads. It took several minutes to get it to stay relatively closed. But even then, it was at least an inch open.

This is a tile in the shower, high on the wall away from the shower itself. So I don’t think water is getting i there. But still, should be addressed.

C496716E-5CDD-456D-AAAF-9E89ABE2E671.jpeg

A bolt sticking out of the bathroom door handle.
4C3CE2A4-5E78-40F0-9AB8-DEE77240F7E6.jpeg

And there are white splotches all over the bathroom cabinet. No idea what they are & these are just a small area.
92B07771-D6B8-4AF8-B3DF-0AAEF766753E.jpeg

Sorry, I don’t mean to sound like a cranky old lady or be nit picky. But I don’t think these things don’t belong in one of the most expensive resorts on property. Depending on how the week goes, I may stop & mention them at the front desk. If not I will send an email just to report them & hopefully get them taken care of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!