Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm not an idiot. And plus, if it "was" allowed, I'm pretty sure that Disney would require the staff to give out plastic cups....It's been done before at thousands of resorts around the world, I promise.

I know you’ve received lots of answers at this point, but I’ll just post a quick example of a personal experience to illustrate how strict they are about the no drinks rule...I once got asked to leave SAB or get rid of my drink when I was sitting on the edge of the pool, dangling my feet in the water while DH swam, because I had a bottled water with me. Yup. No water near the pool is a rule too. LOL.

Just booked 5 nights in July at YC, Club level Garden View. Had a quick look at Touring Plans and it showed there are only 3 rooms (with 2 double beds ) on the Club Level that are Garden View . Is that correct ?

Thanks

Just booked 5 nights in July at YC, Club level Garden View. Had a quick look at Touring Plans and it showed there are only 3 rooms (with 2 double beds ) on the Club Level that are Garden View . Is that correct ?

Thanks
Wow, how’d you get the GV CL? I always try for them, but they never seem to be available bc there are so few of them.
Have a good trip.

Thanks

:welcome: back!

I believe that is true, at least it was prior to the renovation that happened a couple of years ago. There are 5 YC CL GV rooms, 2 with King Beds, which leaves 3 with 2 Queen Beds

::yes::

Returning to YC CL March 8-12 and then a night at The Riviera Resort March 12 before heading home on the 13th.

Returning to BC May 27-June 4. We will be transferring on May 27 from Universal's Royal Pacific Resort, so what time should we arrive at BC? We plan to spend the day at the resort, relax by the pool, lunch at Beaches & Cream, maybe play miniature golf, visit the Boardwalk, etc. Would arriving at 10:00 or 10:30 be too early? I know we can check our bags if the room is not ready.

Returning to BC May 27-June 4. We will be transferring on May 27 from Universal's Royal Pacific Resort, so what time should we arrive at BC? We plan to spend the day at the resort, relax by the pool, lunch at Beaches & Cream, maybe play miniature golf, visit the Boardwalk, etc. Would arriving at 10:00 or 10:30 be too early? I know we can check our bags if the room is not ready.

We did that same transfer a few years ago. You are welcome to arrive as early as you like depending on what you would like to do with your day. I think I would sleep in a bit on transfer day and then leisurely make my way to BC if you have nothing pressing you for time.

We actually went into the Universal Parks that morning for a bit to finish/repeat rides and then made the move over. We arrived at BC around noon and headed straight to the pool. We were fortunate, our rooms (three of them) were ready.

At the risk of getting attacked again, I'll ask my second question:

We were able to snag a Beach Club Villas Studio (DVC) room for less than a Standard Room at the regular Beach Club side! Was this a good move? Looks like a nice "removed" area of the resort that's separate from the main drag.

Full disclosure (since it appears I need to): This is my first time at ANY Epcot area resorts so this is all new to be.

Be gentle. K. Thanks.

We were able to snag a Beach Club Villas Studio (DVC) room for less than a Standard Room at the regular Beach Club side! Was this a good move? Looks like a nice "removed" area of the resort that's separate from the main drag.

Full disclosure (since it appears I need to): This is my first time at ANY Epcot area resorts so this is all new to be.

Be gentle. K. Thanks.

I personally prefer BCV to the main BC building. I like that it is quieter and set apart. The biggest downside is potentially the bed situation. It is just my husband and myself so we love the studios because it is one queen bed, a sleeper sofa, and a pull down under TV murphy bed, this is great because it gives us a extra floor room and a couch to sit on since we only use the queen bed. If, however, you have more people, or need more than one bed, then I would not choose the studio myself, as the sofa beds are not comfortable, and you either need to always have it out or put it away and then back out for each use.

I personally prefer BCV to the main BC building. I like that it is quieter and set apart. The biggest downside is potentially the bed situation. It is just my husband and myself so we love the studios because it is one queen bed, a sleeper sofa, and a pull down under TV murphy bed, this is great because it gives us a extra floor room and a couch to sit on since we only use the queen bed. If, however, you have more people, or need more than one bed, then I would not choose the studio myself, as the sofa beds are not comfortable, and you either need to always have it out or put it away and then back out for each use.

Nice, yeah, it's just my wife and away, so bedding wise it works. It looks like there's a nice big room/lobby that private from the main part with a lot of seating. Plus that "Premium Coffee Bar" hallway aligned with windows looks nice for the morning... (Sorry I don't know the actual names of those rooms).

Nice, yeah, it's just my wife and away, so bedding wise it works. It looks like there's a nice big room/lobby that private from the main part with a lot of seating. Plus that "Premium Coffee Bar" hallway aligned with windows looks nice for the morning... (Sorry I don't know the actual names of those rooms).

There are a couple rooms on the main floor of BCV, one has a pool table that is often in use, and the other just has some seating around it that I have never seen anyone in, I think the pictures make them look much bigger than they are, but they are both nice rooms and the one with the seating only has really great light. The premium coffee bar is actually in the Solarium, which is in the main BC building, but is very close to the entrance to BCV.

You'll enjoy the villas and studio! Premium Coffee Bar is located in the BC Solarium. The 2 lobby rooms in the BCVs are called the Drawing Room and the Breezeway! The Drawing room has a pool table, TV and comfortable seating. The Breezway, just comfortable seating as it is the gateway from the BCV lobby to the Dunes Cove Pool. All three offer ample seating and the latter 2 are quieter than the Solarium. There will be a quiz later on!

Be gentle. K. Thanks.

Great choice for a couple AND you can sit poolside there with a cocktail in hand and no one will bother you. No attacks from me. We rarely go to Stormalong Bay because I like to dangle my toes in the water while sipping a drink. That is verboten at Stormalong Bay as you have learned--not so much at the quiet pools and the DVC pool. BTW, Universal Resorts allow you to be in the pool floating with drinks--in fact the waitstaff serve you while you are in the pool, too.

I haven't stayed in the villas, so I can't give any direct feedback, but this is the info we have in the Trip Review section on Page 1, Post 16:

Comparison of BCV studio to standard BC resort room
BC resort room vs. BCV (Tess)
See page 899-900 of this thread for several additional comments of BCV vs. BC standard room

:goodvibes

Be gentle. K. Thanks.
The overwhelming majority of us who haunt this thread endeavor to be helpful and friendly so please don't be discouraged from asking any questions. We wish to try and help.

Unfortunately there are always a few people on message boards who like to be rude. Just ignore the jerks. Keep on asking your questions so that we can help you. Most of us have been helped by people that had experiences from previous trips. They shared those experiences here, so we are happy to be paying that forward by helping others.

So here is a (teeny tiny) hot tip. If you cut through the solarium when coming through the Villas, there is a door that leads to the Beach Club Bell Stand on the right hand side as you enter the Solarium from the Villa's side.

Using that door to exit to get to the front where the parks/Disney Springs buses are saves you a couple of steps. You can also use that door to exit the Solarium and head for the Tragical Express bus when it comes to pick you up for the airport. That way you are waiting in the comfortable solarium for that airport bus and not on a hard bench outside.

The Solarium is just about directly across from the Beach Club Market Place, and it's to the left as you are facing the entrance to the Beach Club lobby. There is a Gazebo attached to the exit as you exit the Solarium and head to the Beach Club Villas.
https://www.google.com/maps/@28.371874,-81.5566669,214m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

The bus stop for the Beach Club is in the upper left corner of this map.

I think guests can now get all the towels and coffee that they need each day in the DVC units upon request. I'm not a DVC person so maybe one of the (nicer) DVC people can confirm that information for us both.

It was nice to see you pop up on this thread. Keep asking questions as I'm sure they will pop into your mind at any second. We will do the best job that we can helping you as soon as we can.

:hug:

~NM

Wow, how’d you get the GV CL? I always try for them, but they never seem to be available bc there are so few of them.
Have a good trip.

Pure luck, when I first looked I had in mind standard view as there was no garden view available. When I decided to go ahead the next day, I went back on to the website and a garden view had appeared. Exact same dates I had looked at the day before. 😀👍

The rules (about housekeeping, making room requests, dining plan) are different based on whether you booked through Disney or had a DVC member book your stay with points.

My biggest tip is that you can get to epcot without going inside BC building. The beginning of the path is easy to find. But once you go on that path, bare right. Your instinct will tell you to go left because you know epcot is on your left, but that is a dead end. Also stop for a second when you get off that path and make a mental note of where the gate is so you don’t miss it on your way back from epcot.

There may be a desk in the BCV hall near the elevator and it may be manned by a cast member, but don’t count on it.

Do not request a room near the elevator. They are very loud.

All pools and public rooms at BC, YC and BCV can be used by BC, YC and BCV guests, so those rooms others have mentioned on BCV ground floor are not exclusive to BCV guests.

Pure luck, when I first looked I had in mind standard view as there was no garden view available. When I decided to go ahead the next day, I went back on to the website and a garden view had appeared. Exact same dates I had looked at the day before. 😀👍
Awesome luck. 😃 Enjoy your trip.

My biggest tip is that you can get to epcot without going inside BC building. The beginning of the path is easy to find. But once you go on that path, bare right. Your instinct will tell you to go left because you know epcot is on your left, but that is a dead end. Also stop for a second when you get off that path and make a mental note of where the gate is so you don’t miss it on your way back from epcot.

Interesting - where is the path to bare right at? Is it just outside the front of the BCV entrance door by Ariel?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!