Displeased with Disney Travel Agent

I would do what is recommended by every other posters. Cancel your trip and plan it yourself. I have always planned by own trips and have never used a TA. The only "TA" I use with The Disney Travel Company and that is to call in to book my resort reservations. The dining reservations and FP+ reservations I do on my own.

We had a family reunion at WDW a couple of years ago. I book the reservations for my mom, her friend, my wife and I and booked all our dining and FP+ reservations. My cousin used a TA for her family and kids, and her parents. That TA was suppose to book all the dining and FP+ reservations for them. My cousin knew the TA as a friend and thought she was the best thing until the TA had problems booking dining reservations for the entire group. I went on the website and was able to book the group dining reservations as well and had no trouble. Most of the time, I find it easier to do it yourself.

I would do what is recommended by every other posters. Cancel your trip and plan it yourself. I have always planned by own trips and have never used a TA. The only "TA" I use with The Disney Travel Company and that is to call in to book my resort reservations. The dining reservations and FP+ reservations I do on my own.

We had a family reunion at WDW a couple of years ago. I book the reservations for my mom, her friend, my wife and I and booked all our dining and FP+ reservations. My cousin used a TA for her family and kids, and her parents. That TA was suppose to book all the dining and FP+ reservations for them. My cousin knew the TA as a friend and thought she was the best thing until the TA had problems booking dining reservations for the entire group. I went on the website and was able to book the group dining reservations as well and had no trouble. Most of the time, I find it easier to do it yourself.

The only problem is that OP might not be able to rebook at this point. It was booked "several months ago," possibly back when free dining was in play or room discounts. Depending on what OP booked, the same room may no longer be available, or only at an inflated price.

Like you, I prefer to do my own booking. I prefer the control, especially when it comes to Fast passes.

When you are at the parks you need to be able to access your MDE account to make your fourth fastpass each day. It cannot be done ahead of time. If a travel agent thinks you should not be given access to your MDE account, their failure to understand that would be reason enough to fire and report them.

Another vote for cancelling and rebooking yourself- I used a TA that I was less than pleased with but that is because she was the opposite and did NOTHING for me- I knew more about my options from asking questions here on this forum, so I just felt like it was a waste to even use her. Yours sounds awful and I would report her and cancel.

This. I had the same experience with my last TA, she basically did nothing. The bottom line is you are in charge, regardless of what she tells you. It may be time to talk to her boss.

I used a TA for part of our upcoming trip. She told me that if I wanted and flt comfortable, she could get into my MDE with my permission and password, otherwise, she would give me all the confirmations and I could add them myself. No worries. I'd be very hesitant to stay with this agent and definitely call their boss and get things switched to someone new.

I don't use TAs, but that sounds crazy. I'm not exactly a control freak, but I don't like to have to wait on other people to help me finalize details.

This is not normal at all. You do not tell you're client that you're not working for 14 days, especially with something like dining reservations. If I was seriously out of touch and had a client make a dining request, I would have a back up co-worker take care of it right then and there. She should also not have her information on your account, it should always be the client giving the information, and you shouldn't need to beg her! This is why TA's get a bad name. If I get a message, I'm on there within minutes. Ugh! Very sorry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!