Distance from boat transportation to main pool

Letsbgoofy

DIS Veteran
How long of a walk is it from the docks to the main pool? My brother's family is thinking of taking a MK break and I'm wondering if this would work better than getting their car, driving back to FW, parking at our site and then getting the bus to the pool? Also, are there towels there?

We were in Loop 400 last trip and never went to the pool because our dog was with us. I think I remember the pool being pretty close to the boat docks, but we walked around so much that trip I'm not sure.

According to my mapping tool, the walk from the dock to the pool is 0.65 miles. So I would go with parrothead64's estimate of 15 minutes.

Of course, if you have to by your site to get towels (Disney doesn't hand out towels) then you're going to your site anyway.

Bama Ed

I imagine it would be much quicker to take the boat to FW. You would most likely be at FW by boat before you get to your car, depending on where you're parked.

I would definitely think it would be easier to take the boat from MK, but as others have said, you need to have your own towels. So you would still have to go to your site (He is staying at the Fort, right?) to get a towel (or other supplies if desired).

Thanks for your advice everyone. This sounds like more trouble than it's worth unless they want to carry towels with them all morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter