Distance Makes The Fun Mean More... A Disney Reunion Trip Oct 2018

Stitch'sGlitch

Meega, nala kwishta!
Let us take you on a journey to a far away land, across the ocean, where Castles seen in the distant hills, where this story comes alive. This land is known as Germany.

The year was 2014 and I had been stationed in Germany for the past 3 years, when a trio of friends would enter my life. We were bonded instantly by an enjoyment of all things nerdy, of a sense of adventure and fun, but most of all by our deep love of Disney. We would get wrapped up in long conversations of DVC, rides, and our favorite time of the year to go, of the tips and tricks that we had learned along the way, while our other friends just shook their heads not understanding the addiction that we have.

So we decided to bring them into our world and planned a trip to Disneyland Paris for the year 2015. It was three of the most fun days ever. We rode the rides, light saber dueled in front of Pirates of the Caribbean, and watched the fireworks from right in front of the castle. At the end of the trip they all finally understood.

Time passed and people were slowly sent to different places around the world, but my Disney addicted friends and I stayed close. This is when it was decided we would plan another trip. The original trio and myself were headed from DC, MI, and ID to the World for Food and Wine and some not-so-scary fun.

So now it's time for some introduction...

You're story teller, the writer, also known as me.
12112454_10102881459883315_4224315383043032760_n.jpg 12088598_10102877293592595_6875852601444174750_n.jpg
This is me, a 32 year old child at heart, who refuses to ever grow old. After spending 6 years in Germany I found myself back in the US in the heart of our Capital. This isn't my first Disney trip and my favorite time to go is in October. You can't go wrong with the Food, the wine, and Halloween all rolled into one trip. I am a huge nerd and love Star Wars, so much so that I have Yoda tattooed on my arm.

The next three of this adventure are the parental unit. Who says a 32 year old can't go with their parent's and sister to Disney, certainly not I.
12079157_10102879758408085_6292300585369172921_n.jpg
Mom (AllforPooh), Dad, and the sis. They love Disney as much as the rest of us and have their own favorite things to do. One of them being a first night tradition of Rose n Crown. They were the ones who instilled the love of all things Disney since our first family trip when I was in 5th grade. They are making this adventures from the cold wilderness of MI.

Then there is my trio of friends.
disney jss.jpg
We also all play Ingress, this was after hiking around a city more than 20 KM in about 5 hours.
11751790_10102716145948765_3949863910882398475_n.jpg
We haven't seen each other in almost a year as we got sent to opposite sides of the United States. For now we'll call them Minnie (JackMinnieStitch), Stitch, and Jack. They love Disney as much if not more than me and we have been looking forward to this trip since we went to Disney Paris together, but even more so since I moved from Germany more than a year ago. Jack and Sally haven't told our dear little stitch that they are going so it is a big surprise!

This brings us to the end of part I...in our next chapter:

Hotels, Fast Passes, and Dining Oh My!

Welcome back to Chapter II of this story: Hotels, Fast Passes, and Dining Oh My!

One of the reason I love DVC is that when you go to book your hotel, its more like going home than it is staying in a hotel.
Beach Club.jpg
Yep that sweet innocent looking kid is me. We've been going to Beach Club since we became DVC members, sure we've tried other places, but for some reason we always seem to come back there. Is it the pool? Is it the international gateway? Who knows, but I do love it there.

As for Minnie, Jack, and Stitch they are staying at the Boardwalk just across the lake, but are hoping that a spot opens up in the Beach Club. Fingers Crossed!

We are patiently waiting for the 30 days out, but that doesn't mean we haven't started getting our bands and linking them to accounts, have to be prepared.
Band.png
In honor of my favorite Disney princess, I picked Leia. What we have started doing is picking out what parks we'd like to go to on each day. Then discussing what are our must go on rides. I know that I want to hit Pandora, which I haven't been to yet and the new toy story stuff. This is going to be a group decision though that we will continue to work on in the coming weeks...especially now that I can't spend the whole day on Ellen's Energy Adventure.

As for dining there are so many new and exciting restaurants to try.

Rose n' Crown - Family Tradition
Jungle Navigation
Teppan Edo
Ohana's
Chef Mickeys
The Edison - This is one that I am super excited about!
Jock Lindsey's Hanger Bar- I am also interested in the Front Porch (curious how it is)

We have a good variety ahead of us, but I think most days will be spent working our way around the world, tasting and drinking different flavors of the world.

Tomorrow's task: Purchase Tickets from Work...Tomorrow is also the 100 day out point!!!:dancer:

6A48F758-F1D9-4B24-BD2D-8EE6E022F6DD.jpeg Well to my fellow readers we are at 89 days to go and things are falling into place!

Grabbed tickets at work the other day, which led to a moment of oh no...

When I got the “tickets” they were just vouchers and it said they had to be picked up at one of the parks or TTS. All I could think is well how do we get fast passes then. So I start looking for a morning flight I could use miles on to get our tickets. The rational one in this story is obviously me and not my mother who said first off that is ridiculous and second all you need is the voucher code. Phew crisis averted.

We also got our tickets for MNSSHP and began the costume disscussion, which was decided on 80s Disney tourist.

So now I have 89 days to stare at my tickets on the fridge and wait! The agony is real.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter